Confrontation

Confrontation

This is a discussion on Confrontation within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I work for a company where you can not be armed while at work. We are allowed to leave it in our vehicles. One of ...

Thread: Confrontation

Post Confrontation

I work for a company where you can not be armed while at work. We are allowed to leave it in our vehicles.

One of my fellow co-workers had told us about one of the street people running at him and yelling.

"I am Paranoid and YES they ARE out to get me" is the way I think most times.

I had just left work and had just holstered my weapon when I heard this yelling coming at me. I still had my hand on my weapon as I turned toward the noise.

The person yelling saw my hand and my weapon and turned and ran the other way.

I report the incident to company security with a description and they said they would check it out.
    The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

So what will you do differently/better next time? (To minimize risk in that environment)
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Did you leave the pistol in your car afterwards? I'd be concerned about him coming back for a smash 'n grab.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    did you report the incident to the police?...if the person who was approaching you reported it you could be questioned for brandishing a weapon...if you thought you were right and in a position where you may have had to defend yourself it may have been a good idea...it also increases the chances of more frequent patrols in the area...

Sounds like you did all could. Maybe keep your head on a swivel as you enter/exit your work area/parking lot. Sounds like you definitely surprised the crazy guy with your hand in the position it was.

My job won't let us carry inside "the fence" either. I never bring mine to work with me, even in the p-lot. Don't want any chances of it getting taken from the truck. I would suggest that if you don't, start keeping your weapon in a lock box of some kind, secured to your vehicle.
    Be Safe,
    Chuck

As I was leaving I was getting it from my lock box and holstering it. Our security are the police.
    The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

VIP Member
    Sounds like you did all you could... Good thing you have off-duty police for security...I don't see how you could be charged for brandishing a gun, while it's in a holster...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Links