Florida CCW permit arrived in the mail today...

This is a discussion on Florida CCW permit arrived in the mail today... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Perfect timing to a crappy week. Utah is next and then I'll try to get my home state of Nazifornia....

Thread: Florida CCW permit arrived in the mail today...

Florida CCW permit arrived in the mail today...

Perfect timing to a crappy week. Utah is next and then I'll try to get my home state of Nazifornia.

2. Remove Ads

Congratulations!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Congrats!

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Congrats. California can be highly dependent on your county. I hope that you fare well.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Quote Originally Posted by 2c5s View Post
    Perfect timing to a crappy week. Utah is next and then I'll try to get my home state of Nazifornia.
    How long a wait? I'm at 150 days and nada. They keep saying it will be a few more weeks. What a crock. UT did mine in 60 days. VA 30. Wake up FL.

Congrats!!! I'm applying for mine soon!
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

FL Permit

Understand some states that don’t have as much reciprocity will be a shorter wait. Utah, Florida, and North Dakota (just changed their permits) will take more time. I applied for my FL and didn’t complete the fingerprint card correctly (Forgot to have law enforcement put their address on the back of the card). That is my fault; however they sent me the request to clarify within 45 days. Had I done it right I am guessing that they have speeded up. Besides, all states have seen a surge in requests since the communist democrats took office.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineGlock View Post
    Understand some states that don’t have as much reciprocity will be a shorter wait. Utah, Florida, and North Dakota (just changed their permits) will take more time. I applied for my FL and didn’t complete the fingerprint card correctly (Forgot to have law enforcement put their address on the back of the card). That is my fault; however they sent me the request to clarify within 45 days. Had I done it right I am guessing that they have speeded up. Besides, all states have seen a surge in requests since the communist democrats took office.
    UT seems to be every bit as popular as FL, but they processed my permit in 60 days. FL cashed my check July 1. Still nothing. They need to do better IMO.

Not bein sour grapes, just sayin

Distinguished Member Array maxwell's Avatar
    Congrats. on your permit

Congrats, FL is not a little safer!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My FL permit took 5 months due to a series of unforseen circumstances. I received my Ohio permit within the 45 day period but wanted the FL because I travel frequently to Georgia and they do not reciprocate with Oh. My fingerprints for FL were taken by the LEO instructors the day of my CCW class but were not taken digitally. I mailed in the packet approx. June 14 and on Aug. 29 received notification from FL that the FBI had reported that my fingerprints were illegible. They sent another fingerprint card with instructions to return by Sept. 29 but as luck would have it, it was damaged in the mail and unusable. I was also out of town a lot for business during this period further lengthening the process. Finally I called FL, asked for an extension and was told that they could not grant an extension but they would send another card and if I did return it, even late, they would probably re-open my application. I was about ready to just forget it but I had already invested $117 in it so I resubmitted on about Oct. 23 and received my FL permit just 2 weeks later. All's well that end's well.

Quote Originally Posted by fyfo1 View Post
    My FL permit took 5 months due to a series of unforseen circumstances. I received my Ohio permit within the 45 day period but wanted the FL because I travel frequently to Georgia and they do not reciprocate with Oh. My fingerprints for FL were taken by the LEO instructors the day of my CCW class but were not taken digitally. I mailed in the packet approx. June 14 and on Aug. 29 received notification from FL that the FBI had reported that my fingerprints were illegible. They sent another fingerprint card with instructions to return by Sept. 29 but as luck would have it, it was damaged in the mail and unusable. I was also out of town a lot for business during this period further lengthening the process. Finally I called FL, asked for an extension and was told that they could not grant an extension but they would send another card and if I did return it, even late, they would probably re-open my application. I was about ready to just forget it but I had already invested $117 in it so I resubmitted on about Oct. 23 and received my FL permit just 2 weeks later. All's well that end's well.
    FL cashed my check July 1. Still nothing. I called twice and their staff was totally useless in providing any info as to the delay.

Still waiting. My UT permit came in 58 days. VA 30 days.

Thanks!! I hate to say this but I put my Florida paperwork in the mail the week of October 31 and it showed up the other day. Same with the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by 2c5s View Post
    Thanks!! I hate to say this but I put my Florida paperwork in the mail the week of October 31 and it showed up the other day. Same with the wife.
    Hi Everyone new member here...been lurking for a while. I also had a stroke of good luck with mine. I submitted the application on 10/28, my check was cashed on 11/9 and the permit was in my mailbox yesterday...24 days roundtrip. I wasn't expecting it until sometime in Dec from what ive been reading.

JG

Links