Florida CCW permit arrived in the mail today...

This is a discussion on Florida CCW permit arrived in the mail today... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Perfect timing to a crappy week. Utah is next and then I'll try to get my home state of Nazifornia....

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Florida CCW permit arrived in the mail today...

  1. #1
    Member Array 2c5s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    31

    Florida CCW permit arrived in the mail today...

    Perfect timing to a crappy week. Utah is next and then I'll try to get my home state of Nazifornia.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    VIP Member Array boricua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,873
    Congratulations!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

  4. #3
    Senior Member Array puncho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    South
    Posts
    521
    Congrats!

  5. #4
    Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,572
    Congrats. California can be highly dependent on your county. I hope that you fare well.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

  6. #5
    Senior Member Array swinokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    935
    Quote Originally Posted by 2c5s View Post
    Perfect timing to a crappy week. Utah is next and then I'll try to get my home state of Nazifornia.
    How long a wait? I'm at 150 days and nada. They keep saying it will be a few more weeks. What a crock. UT did mine in 60 days. VA 30. Wake up FL.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Array chrise2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southern IL
    Posts
    862
    Congrats!!! I'm applying for mine soon!
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

    NRA Member/Supporter

    "Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

  8. #7
    Member Array MaineGlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota
    Posts
    156

    FL Permit

    Understand some states that don’t have as much reciprocity will be a shorter wait. Utah, Florida, and North Dakota (just changed their permits) will take more time. I applied for my FL and didn’t complete the fingerprint card correctly (Forgot to have law enforcement put their address on the back of the card). That is my fault; however they sent me the request to clarify within 45 days. Had I done it right I am guessing that they have speeded up. Besides, all states have seen a surge in requests since the communist democrats took office.

  9. #8
    Senior Member Array swinokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    935
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineGlock View Post
    Understand some states that don’t have as much reciprocity will be a shorter wait. Utah, Florida, and North Dakota (just changed their permits) will take more time. I applied for my FL and didn’t complete the fingerprint card correctly (Forgot to have law enforcement put their address on the back of the card). That is my fault; however they sent me the request to clarify within 45 days. Had I done it right I am guessing that they have speeded up. Besides, all states have seen a surge in requests since the communist democrats took office.
    UT seems to be every bit as popular as FL, but they processed my permit in 60 days. FL cashed my check July 1. Still nothing. They need to do better IMO.

    Not bein sour grapes, just sayin

  10. #9
    Distinguished Member Array maxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West Melbourne, Fl.
    Posts
    1,625
    Congrats. on your permit

  11. #10
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,637
    Congrats, FL is not a little safer!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  12. #11
    New Member Array fyfo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3
    My FL permit took 5 months due to a series of unforseen circumstances. I received my Ohio permit within the 45 day period but wanted the FL because I travel frequently to Georgia and they do not reciprocate with Oh. My fingerprints for FL were taken by the LEO instructors the day of my CCW class but were not taken digitally. I mailed in the packet approx. June 14 and on Aug. 29 received notification from FL that the FBI had reported that my fingerprints were illegible. They sent another fingerprint card with instructions to return by Sept. 29 but as luck would have it, it was damaged in the mail and unusable. I was also out of town a lot for business during this period further lengthening the process. Finally I called FL, asked for an extension and was told that they could not grant an extension but they would send another card and if I did return it, even late, they would probably re-open my application. I was about ready to just forget it but I had already invested $117 in it so I resubmitted on about Oct. 23 and received my FL permit just 2 weeks later. All's well that end's well.

  13. #12
    Senior Member Array swinokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    935
    Quote Originally Posted by fyfo1 View Post
    My FL permit took 5 months due to a series of unforseen circumstances. I received my Ohio permit within the 45 day period but wanted the FL because I travel frequently to Georgia and they do not reciprocate with Oh. My fingerprints for FL were taken by the LEO instructors the day of my CCW class but were not taken digitally. I mailed in the packet approx. June 14 and on Aug. 29 received notification from FL that the FBI had reported that my fingerprints were illegible. They sent another fingerprint card with instructions to return by Sept. 29 but as luck would have it, it was damaged in the mail and unusable. I was also out of town a lot for business during this period further lengthening the process. Finally I called FL, asked for an extension and was told that they could not grant an extension but they would send another card and if I did return it, even late, they would probably re-open my application. I was about ready to just forget it but I had already invested $117 in it so I resubmitted on about Oct. 23 and received my FL permit just 2 weeks later. All's well that end's well.
    FL cashed my check July 1. Still nothing. I called twice and their staff was totally useless in providing any info as to the delay.

    Still waiting. My UT permit came in 58 days. VA 30 days.

  14. #13
    Member Array 2c5s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    31
    Thanks!! I hate to say this but I put my Florida paperwork in the mail the week of October 31 and it showed up the other day. Same with the wife.

  15. #14
    New Member Array JG4660's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 2c5s View Post
    Thanks!! I hate to say this but I put my Florida paperwork in the mail the week of October 31 and it showed up the other day. Same with the wife.
    Hi Everyone new member here...been lurking for a while. I also had a stroke of good luck with mine. I submitted the application on 10/28, my check was cashed on 11/9 and the permit was in my mailbox yesterday...24 days roundtrip. I wasn't expecting it until sometime in Dec from what ive been reading.

    JG

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Got My Permit in the Mail Today - 7 Weeks
    By SigHawk in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: May 8th, 2010, 02:03 PM
  2. Florida non-res permit just arrived
    By ming in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: January 17th, 2010, 07:01 AM
  3. My first day of OC. Just got my permit in the mail today!
    By holstered in forum Open Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: September 30th, 2009, 01:38 PM
  4. Nonresident Florida CCW Permit Has Arrived!
    By calmp9 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: August 12th, 2008, 02:45 PM
  5. Florida permit arrived today.
    By xaircav in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 12th, 2006, 08:45 PM

Search tags for this page

ccw by mail
,

ccw in mail

,
ccw training melbourne, fl
,
florida ccw fingerprint card
,
florida ccw fingerprint problems
,
florida ccw fingerprints
,

florida ccw fingerprints illegible

,

florida ccw mail

,

florida ccw permit

,
melbourne fl ccw classes
,
melbourne, fl ccw
,

where to mail florida ccw application

Click on a term to search for related topics.