Need advice - Page 2

Need advice

This is a discussion on Need advice within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanxs guys. One thing that has bothered me and that is since she hasn't been around guns that I think she is scared about carring. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice

Thanxs guys. One thing that has bothered me and that is since she hasn't been around guns that I think she is scared about carring. but she has said she would like to go hunting. That being said, I'm cofused so.
    And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands... - Macmanus Brothers

Take the lady hunting!
    Give her time and let the world show her the horrors around her. If she is going to work as an EMT she will see some of those horrors. Ask her to tell you about her calls...sooner or later she is going to get one of those calls where it will click and the thought, "this could be me or my children..." will come up.

In the mean time if she wants to go hunting then do what ever you can to take her. Just let her do thing herself until she asks for help. It could be she is using hunting as a trial run to see if she like guns, can handle a gun, or even if she can handle taking an animal's life. If she finds she can't then CC wont matter cause she wont have the mind set to use it.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

I have been married for 6 years, and known my wife for 3 years prior to the fateful day. I introduced her to the fact that I shoot and carry firearms regularly. She was interested and was soon shooting with me, but never really wanted to carry. We bought her a rifle and a couple handguns, and she shot paper regularly and was actually quite good. But she still didn't have the need, desire, drive or commitment to carry.

It wasn't until this past February, when a large man followed her from the supermarket to her car, when she said to me, "I wish I could defend myself. I wish I had my gun."

I would hate for her to have to be scared first, but if thats what it takes.....

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    I've been married 30 years. That's the best advice I could give anyone.
    And don't forget the two magic words..."yes, Dear"
    --
    If I'm repeating myself, or repeating myself differently, it's probably 'cause of the brain cells I've murdered and the selective memory caused by concussions, contusions and confusions. Oh yeah, and that one night in Dallas.

NRA-Life Member
    ATA- Life Member
    --Guns? What guns?--

I guess I'd just ask her if she thought it would be fair to your kids to have them murdered, or motherless because she is too liberal or too afraid to learn about firearms.

VIP Member
    My girlfriend is afraid of guns as she pointed out what happened at Fort Hood. She also has fear that someone could take my gun away from me, and then use it against me or us. Interesting how she has the scenario all worked out in advance. I wouldn’t even try to get her to shoot, much less carry. Some people have absolutely no concept of safety, and for this type of person, its better to just give them a can of pepper spray and hope for the best.
    Regards,
    Dan
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links