To CC or not that is the question!

This is a discussion on To CC or not that is the question! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was just wondering today how many members carry at all times. I should say do you carry when you are doing yard work, little ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To CC or not that is the question!

I was just wondering today how many members carry at all times. I should say do you carry when you are doing yard work, little odd and ends around the house (outside) etc, etc..
    I was cleaning leaves around the house and I was CC and I thought am I over doing the CC thing. The way I see it is that you should always be ready,BG are not going to send an e-mail as to when their are going to snap!

I OC at all times when In my house, out walking the dogs, doing yard work etc (sometimes CC, depends on the holster and gun I want to use/carry that day). I USUALLY CC when I go to the store or its raining/snowing and I have to be outside otherwise I OC (Not as much though) - So to answer you, I am CC or OC ALL DAY AND NIGHT, when I sleep it is less than arms reach away. My routine - Wake up put it on and it stays there, go to bed it comes off and goes on the night stand or safe.
    ~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Sorry for another post, but jsut to mention this - There are literally DOZENS of these threads running here. But its nice to have a fresh take by other members,especially new ones.
    ~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

i carry everywhere legal...and remember 100% of home invasions happen in the home lol
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

I can't carry at a school; I presently work in a high school. Outside of the school's "criminals are safe zone", I am always armed or can reach my firearm that will always be less than an arm's length away.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I carry whenever legally possible, at home I am either wearing my weapon or it is within arms reach.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    I'm a most of the time CC'er. Doing in the house chores this morning and haven't put it on yet, but I tend to CC most of my waking hours.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Open carry at home 100%. Concealed everywhere else.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

When people stop being harmed while at home that is when I will consider unarming while at home. But until then if I have clothes on, I have a firearm, at least one on me at all times. Most of the time it is OC around the house.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Wherever and whenever it's legal to do so. I see no reason not to if I can.

Now then, I do not always carry at home, but it is within arms reach at all times unless I'm in the shower.
    Last edited by Katana; November 21st, 2009 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Added info
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Several years ago, i was approached in my front yard by a man who saw me mow my grass and the neighbor's across the street. He said he wanted to do both yards to make some money. I told him this was my yard and the neighbor hired me years ago. He got angrier and came closer to me. All I had between us was my mower and the daily companion in my pocket. Got to love those J frames. I settled him down with some fast talk about how mean and stingy the neighbor is and told him I owed the neighbor some money and was working it off. He wandered off never to be seen again. Moral of the story, carry your gun. Mine was never drawn or presented in any way, but it was a comfort to have with me.

If I'm awake, I have my LCP in my pocket. When I'm out side in the yard same thing. Once I leave the house I have either my 9mm, or my .45 and my LCP on me at all times where it's legal to CC. IMO CC is a full time responsibility and not one to take lightly. If we could know when trouble was gonna happen, it would be best to avoid it altogether. But we all know how that works.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    I can't carry at work either...but when I'm not there, I'm either carrying or have one within arms reach...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I try to carry 100% of the time. It is too bad that my job doesn't allow me to carry while I am at work. Nor can I carry on base where I live. But when I leave the base on the gun goes and it stays on. Not to much longer and my family and I will be moving. At that time I will carry 100% of the time. Depends on the day if it will be cc or oc. And at night it is only half an arms length away.

I'm convinced that failing to carry wherever legal "dulls the senses and lowers the readiness" to respond correctly when necessary. I always CC where it is legal and OC around home or the farm if I feel like it. I find that I know exactly how to draw more quickly if I CC though. That is why 98% of the time it is CC because I'm so familiar with the position my Glock 30 is "resting" in the Crossbreed SuperTuck holster.
    "No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation" General Douglas MacArthur

Glock 30, S&W model 29-2 44 magnum, Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 magnum, S&W 38 special airweight, NAA 22 mag, PF9, and 1 patriotic wife with her CC permit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links