Defensive Carry banner

Cici's Pizza in NC

10K views 76 replies 50 participants last post by  yale 
#1 ·
In talking to a friend of mine over the weekend he shared his conversation with me about visiting a Cici's Pizza near the Charlotte NC area. Cici's has a "Sign" stating no weapons guns or knives picture. He removed his firearm and locked it up in his vehicle. Upon entering he asked to speak to the manager on duty. He point blank asked the manager why the sign was up and why he as a CCW holder in the state couldn't practice his 2nd amendment rights. The manager told him that he understood his concerns and that it was a corporate rule. He went on to say that many others had addressed the same concern to him. The manager said it was his take that because of the small children in the restaurant it was corporates reason behind the sign. He went on to say if it was my call (meaning the managers) he would allow conceal carry for safety of his own, his staff and others within the establishment. The manager offered corporates home office telephone number and told him he could contact them for more details. I will let you know what type of reply the home office gives when I hear back from him.

#32 ·
I'm guessing the Gunbusters sign was older than the manager. Probably a stock response that sounded better than, "I don't know and I never thought about it."

But why would any of you subject yourselves to that kind of gastric abuse?

I have a cast iron stomach and I can (and have) downed things that the health department wouldn't touch, but every time I (used to) eat at CiCis, I would have a belly ache for hours after.

BTW not posted around SE VA as I remember.

#34 ·
Ci Ci's is freekin sweet! Cheap as heck and pizza buffet? I'm there!

no signs on the cincinnati, western hills, harrison, or blue ash Ci Ci's in Ohio.

+1 on the manager defusing the situation by shoving the blame on the business... Shame Shame :nono:

#35 ·
I contacted Cici's Corporate myself with a email. I am posting the responce I got from them. Rather interesting I think.

weapons signs

I have a question if I may. Why does your restaurants post no weapons signs

even for licensed conceal carry holders on the front doors? It was brought
to
my attention by a friend of mine that visited a restaurant in the Charlotte
NC
area over the weekend. He is a licensed in the State of North Carolina and
had
to turn around and leave because of the sign. Can you give a reason for the

sign.

Kind regards

This is the reply I got below.

Dear Mr. Duncan,

Thank you for your inquiry. I can understand your friend's frustration and
I apologize that he was disappointed in his visit.

CiCi's Corporate has not issued a ban on concealed handguns. We do offer
our guests a family friendly environment and as such, many of our
franchisees feel that it is not an environment which is conducive to
carrying handguns. There are many children in our stores and families
often feel uncomfortable when guests choose to carry their weapons inside.
However, the store you mentioned is a franchised unit and the sign on the
door was placed there by that store owner, not CiCi's corporate.

As a CHL holder myself, I can understand your friend's stance. However, in
all CHL classes we are taught to obey any legally posted signs. As a store
owner, they do have the right not to allow weapons in their stores.

We have several stores in the Charlotte area. If you will be so kind as to
reply and tell me which store he visited I will be glad to forward your
comments to the Franchisee and our Regional Operations Manager so that they
may address these issues, further.

Please visit with us in the near future and allow us to offer you
exceptional service. It will be our pleasure to have you as our guests.

Sincerely,

Pam Goodgion
CiCi's Pizza

#37 ·
If they do good on their word it will be addressed... not by allowing CHL but probably free coupons or something... Talking to business people is like talking to a defiant child... in 1 ear and out the other.

The only way they will listen is if it will hit them in the pocket book

#39 ·
Years ago I used to be a member of the Grass Roots of NC. There were cards you could fill out and leave with the management of a establishment concerning "not allowing" legal concealed weapons. Since then I let my membership expire. Wish I had kept one so I could duplicate the wording on my own card format.

#40 ·
Stevi B's is a CiCi's clone done better so if you have one in the area, give it a shot as an alternative. Better quality, more variety, similar pricing. No signs, that I have ever seen anyways. (my opinion of course)

#46 ·
CiCi's isn't posted in Maryland, either, but since the chance of anyone eating there having a valid carry permit is next to none, I guess it's moot.

#53 ·
Oh my GOD you mean there's children at CiCi's? NO WAY! What do you imagine the owners are doing to keep children safe from firearms in holsters in the rest of the free world?

#56 ·
ALL restaurants are posted "No Smoking" in Ohio, sometimes you have to get up close to the sign to see if it's "No Smoking" or "No Guns"! Very few of the latter here, and the number is actually going down. Kinko's actually UNposted. Don't know why and I have no intention of asking them.

#55 ·
I choose not to spend my money in establishments with no weapons signs. I also tell the manager or owner that someone with ill intents to break the law will certainly have less regard for their sign. Do they think a would be robber/shooter will read their sign and turn around and go somewhere else to commit their crime? They do not need to be worried about law abiding citizens...they should welcome their patronage.

#57 ·
Ok, my wife and I went by CiCi's in Springfield, Mo over the past few days.

No signage and both managers had no idea about a "no carry" policy from Corporate.

Feel free to return to the posted location and ask to see that policy in writing. If the manager can't provide it, ask for a letter from him/her stating that it's a corporate policy so you can address the issue with their corporate office.

I'll bet you won't get either because he/she knows it's not a corporate policy and won't want to get into trouble.

#59 ·
Ok this is the last email response I got from Pam @ Cici's. She spoke to the owner of the franchise of the stores in question. Here is what she said....

Mr. Duncan,

Thank you for your reply. I spoke to the Franchisee, Mark Hattrich, who said that although he respects your right to carry a concealed weapon, he has had numerous guests voice concern and he has chosen to post the signs on his stores. He understands that there are some who will be disappointed by this decision but as the business owner, he made it considering the best interest of all of his guests.

#60 ·
Ok this is the last email response I got from Pam @ Cici's. She spoke to the owner of the franchise of the stores in question. Here is what she said....

Mr. Duncan,

Thank you for your reply. I spoke to the Franchisee, Mark Hattrich, who said that although he respects your right to carry a concealed weapon, he has had numerous guests voice concern and he has chosen to post the signs on his stores. He understands that there are some who will be disappointed by this decision but as the business owner, he made it considering the best interest of all of his guests.
Close but no cigar. Not all of his guest, just the one's that complained. I've got a local pizza spot that my CCP instructor recommended. OC'd in there the other day without a raised eyebrow. It's a bit pricey , but GOOOOOOOD!!! My money goes to them now. Mama's Pizza and Pasta.

#63 ·
They were so concerned about the nice man sitting there eating dinner and not bothering anybody. Oh the horror! Maybe I'll start complaining about rude children and bad hairdos, see if they can make them stay in the car...
(purposely did not mention minorities, since that seems to provoke another kind of gut reaction around these parts, although I think it makes a valid point)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.