Defensive Carry banner

Cici's Pizza in NC

10K views 76 replies 50 participants last post by  yale 
#1 ·
In talking to a friend of mine over the weekend he shared his conversation with me about visiting a Cici's Pizza near the Charlotte NC area. Cici's has a "Sign" stating no weapons guns or knives picture. He removed his firearm and locked it up in his vehicle. Upon entering he asked to speak to the manager on duty. He point blank asked the manager why the sign was up and why he as a CCW holder in the state couldn't practice his 2nd amendment rights. The manager told him that he understood his concerns and that it was a corporate rule. He went on to say that many others had addressed the same concern to him. The manager said it was his take that because of the small children in the restaurant it was corporates reason behind the sign. He went on to say if it was my call (meaning the managers) he would allow conceal carry for safety of his own, his staff and others within the establishment. The manager offered corporates home office telephone number and told him he could contact them for more details. I will let you know what type of reply the home office gives when I hear back from him.

#4 ·
The restaurant he went to was in Charlotte near the university. I am going to Kannapolis later today. I figured I would drive by the store front to see if they have a sign posted. Interesting to hear that the above places didn't have a sign.

#72 ·
How close to the Uni? That may be the reason for the sign. In some states carry is not allowed within a certain distance from schools, all types. My son's daycare mgr isn't happy with me because I asked and received written permission to carry from their corporate office.:danceban:

#6 ·
I have eaten at two CiCi's. One in High Point, NC and in Asheboro, NC and neither one was posted on my last visits.

#13 ·
Well, why would they? Signs are meaningless in FL...:hand1:

I've yet to see a meaningless sign in the last 9 years.:ticking:

#9 ·
None of the CiCi's in the Oklahoma City area are posted, that I have seen (and that would be a fair number of them). Doesn't sound like a "corporate thing" to me...

#10 ·
Just got off the phone with my friend that had the encounter this weekend. Corporate informed him that Cici's is a "franchise" and that the "franchise owners" make the call on allowing conceal carry not corporate. So we figure that the so called manager was either not the real manager or rather just trying to cast the blame on corporate to make the conversation go away. I shared the comments from all that posted of other stores that didn't have the signs. I told him if you must eat Cici's find a store front that allows you to carry.
Thanks to all that commented on the post. Be safe and well during this holiday season. Peace

#11 ·
I, and thousands of others, will be attending the NRA convention in Charlotte next May.

I, and thousands of others, are looking for restaurants to either patronize, or avoid during that time period.

Make sure the management hears about that!

#16 ·
Keep in mind that "Corporate Policy" doesn't have to mean Cici's Pizza corporate. My guess is that a small corporation has purchased several Cici's franchise locations and has put up the no carry signs. Find out who the owner corp is and that is who you need to talk to.

#47 ·
Just what I was thinking.
There is a franchise called "PiP Printing" that I worked at for years.
The owners of this particular one had 4 or 5 branches of the franchise and they were also 'incorporated' themselves for whatever reason. It was something like 'So and So, Inc doing business as PiP Printing'.
The owners can make their own policy in addition to corporate policy.

#19 ·
We have a Cici's near where I live, and I can truthfully say that I have never been there. If a "no firearms" sign is posted, I wouldn't know.

Might have to run by sometime and look.

#20 ·
Forgive my ignorance please.

I've never been to a Cici's before. Are they licensed to serve alcohol? If so. isn't the signage redundant in NC as you can't carry in a licensed establishment there anyway?

#27 ·
Think Chucky Cheese

Gunny, its a family pizza place...games, low cost buffet (but good), ect. No alcohol at all. Its like $4.00 per person to eat and drink.

#22 ·
Just ate at the Cici's in Massilon, OH last Friday evening and it wasn't posted. Made sure before I went in.

Methinks the manager on duty was pulling your leg about it being a corporate issue.

Be Safe,

NosaM

#23 ·
"It's the Corporation's fault", how many times have I heard that line of crap? I'm glad you followed up, now let the management know that you have posted their anti-gun position so all gun owners can see it. Let him know about the NRA's convention and how you will let the membership know to avoid his shop. If he would like to reconsider his position tell him you will be glad to let everyone know that too.

#24 ·
Next time I'm in Hickory, I'll drop by the CiCi's there and check as well. I figure it's probably one of the closer ones to Charlotte so it may be under the same "corporate."

#25 ·
That one is right up the road, I guess I'll have to pay them a visit and share my concerns. Of course I won't spend my money there or at any other place that that infringes on my freedom.

#29 ·
As mentioned earlier I had errands in Kannapolis not too far from the other Cici's in question. They have the small gun and knife picture stenciled on the door as well. I wanted to walk in but they were already getting slammed with a line. I figure if nothing else I will make a call to both stores tomorrow and see what they say. Anyone have any ideas on how to approach them with the conversation?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.