Current info on CT & ME CC?

This is a discussion on Current info on CT & ME CC? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm planing to head out to Connecticut and Maine next year, and would like to know if anyone can give me some info on their ...

Thread: Current info on CT & ME CC?

Current info on CT & ME CC?

I'm planing to head out to Connecticut and Maine next year, and would like to know if anyone can give me some info on their currant CC status.

How hard is it now to get a permit? Anything I should watch out for in the application, law, LEOs, or sheep?
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

2. Remove Ads

Not sure about Maine.

Call DPS in Ct. 860-685-8123 for your out of state pistol permit package.

Easy one to get, make sure you send ALL the required info. Good luck!
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

CT's easy to get. I have one. sorry but I don't know about Main.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

CC in CT

In response to your question, CC in CT is not "hard", just v slow. Basically, you pass a course and get prints. In the class I attended,
    about 85 - 90% passed.

Well seeing as how that's where I reside I can tell you it is quite easy I am recieving mine tomorrow. It might take quite awhile though the standard time for residents is 30 days it has taken almost 2 months to get mine. God only knows when you would recieve yours. They have been very understaffed due to budget cuts and such in the state. Here is a link to the site you just print off the application no ordering it State Police: Licenses & Permits: Weapons Permits & Professional Licensing
    Good luck stay armed and safe.
    Buena Fortuna
    Live in yellow or die in white.

AFAIK, my experience is atypical; but the (ongoing) saga of my efforts to obtain a non-resident Maine CHL is here (starting @ post #9)
    Last edited by rhenriksen; November 24th, 2009 at 01:02 AM. Reason: added post #

Both are easy to get, but may take some time. CT was only 30 days, Maine was 90 days, but this was over a year ago. It may be much longer now.
    I'd get your paperwork together ASAP. Handgunlaw.us has the links to the applications.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Quote Originally Posted by mamakennedy View Post
    I'm planing to head out to Connecticut and Maine next year, and would like to know if anyone can give me some info on their currant CC status.

How hard is it now to get a permit? Anything I should watch out for in the application, law, LEOs, or sheep?
    Check Handgunlaw.us for information on all states CC laws.
    I carry a bible and a gun. Your Point?

Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")

VIP Member
    I live in CT and have a ME as well. ME took about 60 days a few years back. Follow the links above fill in the paperwork and it is straight forward.

Links