the truth and only the truth - Page 2

the truth and only the truth

This is a discussion on the truth and only the truth within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I avoid places that I can not carry. When I do have to go some place like the DMV I do so unarmed....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the truth and only the truth

I avoid places that I can not carry. When I do have to go some place like the DMV I do so unarmed.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I personally havent been anywhere (for exception of DMV, which I only set foot in when I must renew the DL every so many years) yet that I have found a no-guns sign or legally mandated NO CARRY areas, not even my BANK. Yes I do have a drink every so often but it is a planned thing like with a friend, but if I am carrying (which is a daily 24/7 thing) Ill drink my normal coffee or water, never a beer, shot, etc. I have even carried into a court house because THEY ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO HAVE LOCKERS FOR JUST SUCH THINGS (but before you walk through the metal detector you must INFORM the officer about it) since 2002 or 2003 here because in that area, I REFUSE to leave it in the car, too many thefts...
    ~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

When possible, I avoid places that I cannot CC...but in FL, going into posted place (I've never spotted a sign yet), I continue CC on my way as signs in FL mean absolutely nothing.

I would not suggest CC'ing anyplace illegal as this could cause you to lose your ability to continue doing so.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    I avoid places that I can not carry. When I do have to go some place like the DMV I do so unarmed.
    Agreed! I carry where and when it's legal to do so, and I try to avoid those places where I can't.

Carrying is a privilege (even though it should be a right), and one that I don't care to risk losing.
    Proud NRA & MCRGO Member

"The handgun would not be my choice of weapon if I knew I was going to a fight....I'd choose a rifle, a shotgun, an RPG or an atomic bomb instead."

I don't carry anywhere!!!! I am a pacifist......just for the record.

VIP Member
    I'm like a lot of others.. I carry where and when it's legal...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I carry whenever and where ever legal. End of story.
    The only thing I'll add is that if you carry illegally, you make it tough on everyone who carries legally. You give ammo to the brady bunch and their ilk.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

V10
    I don't actually CC but figured I'd jump in on this anyway.

I've never intentionally violated a firearm restriction (wouldn't be able to even if I wanted since I OC) but there has been a few times that I've been a bit confused on what to do.

For instance, when there is a bank INSIDE of the grocery store or when I get a call to pick up my brother at his college and I'm already on the road with my firearm in my car. Having to go to the ATM late at night is always a little nerve racking... I mean of all the times and places I feel vulnerable!

I've learned to do my best to plan for these things and prepare accordingly. The bank inside the grocery store still confuses me though. Does the grocery store supersede the fact that there's a bank inside? I looked for postings but have never seen any... if I have to go to that particular store I try to wait til after the bank portion of it is closed... and I did so with an LEO posted at the store front once... either he didn't notice... or didn't think about it.... or maybe it's perfectly legal. I JUST DON"T KNOW!
    Sorry 'bout that... He's trained to attack shopping carts for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by bornlucky View Post
    O.K. now le's get the real scoup!
    How many CC and still break the rules.
    If I am CC and see a sign at the mall I still go in.
    If I am CC do I have a drink at dinner( I have yet to do this because I am broke ,no job, no luxuries).
    I stop and leave my weapon in the car when I go to a federal building, school, maybe bank and so on.
    Do you think I am wrong?
    If you are breaking the rules, especially knowingly, then yes you are wrong.
    And worst of all you are giving ammo to the anti's to use against the REST of us who DO obey the rules.
    Which frankly pisses me off.
    No offense.

Quote Originally Posted by tiwee View Post
    I follow the cc law because of Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    Best logic Ive seen...

VIP Member
    If I know something is illegal, I don't do it. If I am uncertain and have to think about it, I don't do it.

It is easy enough to get in trouble with an innocent mistake, gun related or otherwise, why push the odds. Murphy always wins.

VIP Member
    If I know something is illegal, I don't do it. If I am uncertain and have to think about it, I don't do it.

It is easy enough to get in trouble with an innocent mistake, gun related or otherwise, why push the odds. Murphy always wins.

Quote Originally Posted by bornlucky View Post
    If I am CC do I have a drink at dinner( I have yet to do this because I am broke ,no job, no luxuries).
    Do you think I am wrong?
    Am I the only one who thinks that refering to carrying while drinking is EXTREMELY stupid! I am sorry, but even if it were legal to do so this is just incredibly foolish and irresponsible!

Am I miss reading this?
    Pray for our nations leaders!

JD
    Administrator
    Closed after staff deliberation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links