the truth and only the truth

This is a discussion on the truth and only the truth within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; O.K. now le's get the real scoup! How many CC and still break the rules. If I am CC and see a sign at the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

O.K. now le's get the real scoup!
    How many CC and still break the rules.
    If I am CC and see a sign at the mall I still go in.
    If I am CC do I have a drink at dinner( I have yet to do this because I am broke ,no job, no luxuries).
    I stop and leave my weapon in the car when I go to a federal building, school, maybe bank and so on.
    Do you think I am wrong?
    Inserted by Staff:

As a reminder...
    General Rules:

10. Discussion of illegal activities except in reporting the actions of others is not allowed. Discussion for the purpose of promoting these activities may subject the poster to being banned. Admission of illegal activity on your part will be removed or the poster will given the opportunity to edit their admission out of the post. Anyone quoting or referencing deleted or edited posts will have their posts edited/removed as well. In short, DO NOT use this forum to admit to breaking the law.

Don't know where in MO you're located and I realize that in MO you're really not breaking the law as signs in MO bear no force unless you refuse to leave when asked, I'd suggest you DO NOT come into KS and do that. Here, if you walk past a sign you're breaking the law so I don't do it.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I carry pretty much everywhere, but the one thing I absolutely do not do is drink while carrying. I also did not carry last time I had surgery.

VIP Member
    I carry whenever and where ever legal. End of story.

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    I follow the cc law because of Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

Since the signs mean nothing here in FL, I tend not to look for them. Did see the back of one that said I wasn't supposed to carry (after) in a theater, but unless they ask me to leave, no law broken.

Have I ever walked through the bar area to use the restroom at a restaurant? I'll take the 5th on that one. What do they want me to do, leave my weapon under the dinner napkin? Other than that, I try to follow the letter of the law ... to the point of parking in the lot across from the post office to disarm, then walking across the lawn rather than carry on their property.

The closest I came to intentionally breaking the rules is when a choir sang in the mall in GA. I was in the mall, heard the music, and headed toward it. I knew I was carrying and so stayed away from the crowd of listeners, but probably should have just avoided the area -- or found an officer to declare to.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    +1 .

I too "TRUTHFULLY" only carry when its legal. I do not break the rules and make sure that anytime I have my firearm I am within the bounds of Tx law. I am not rich, nor will the LEO's give me any help if I am caught breaking the law. I will go to jail. Carrying illegally (even for an instant) in a location that is clearly prohibited, is just not worth time in the slammer or the fines that will follow.

Distinguished Member
    Fortunately, I don't go to any places where it is illegal to carry.

I never set foot on Federal property, Oregon has no gun-free school laws and CHL holders are exempt from the fed rule, and signs do not hold weight of law.

The truth and only the truth...

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Well put.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

I have not knowingly broken any laws while CC'ing.

I follow the law to the best of my ability, hence, I disarm when I am required to do so.
    Last edited by CenCal; November 23rd, 2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: typo

Uh................. This is the internet.
    Every law you (we) confess to breaking, can and WILL be held against you (us) in a court of law.
    Although we have a right to an attorney, why do something to need one??? (No offense against the attorney's here.)

If (you) make an incriminating post here, and a prosecutor wants to find it, and he has the political power to do so, he (she) will get your posts and use them against you. (Are you familiar with the word Subpoena? Perhaps "Computer Forensics?" (That's legal hacking for the prosecutor's office.))

I know that we are relatively safe here on this forum, but I said once, "There is no way Obama could be elected without a valid birth certificate." And many more comments I said could never happen, and yet they did.
    The old saying comes to mind just now, "As goes GM, so goes the country."

Remember, the new head of DHS recently re-defined what a terrorist is. (I think most us us would fall under that very broad definition.)
    Think about it.

Things said on the internet NEVER DIE.

Having said that, I always carry where legal to do so.
    I disarm where illegal to carry.
    PERIOD. (That's the Honest to God Truth.)
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter View Post
    Uh................. This is the internet.
    Every law you (we) confess to breaking, can and WILL be held against you (us) in a court of law.
    Although we have a right to an attorney, why do something to need one??? (No offense against the attorney's here.)

If (you) make an incriminating post here, and a prosecutor wants to find it, and he has the political power to do so, he (she) will get your posts and use them against you. (Are you familiar with the word Subpoena? Perhaps "Computer Forensics?" (That's legal hacking for the prosecutor's office.))

I know that we are relatively safe here on this forum, but I said once, "There is no way Obama could be elected without a valid birth certificate." And many more comments I said could never happen, and yet they did.
    The old saying comes to mind just now, "As goes GM, so goes the country."

Remember, the new head of DHS recently re-defined what a terrorist is. (I think most us us would fall under that very broad definition.)
    Think about it.

Things said on the internet NEVER DIE.

Having said that, I always carry where legal to do so.
    I disarm where illegal to carry.
    PERIOD. (That's the Honest to God Truth.)
    Well put.
    I am relatively new to CC and I am trying to get honest answers to everyday carry. I live in MO and if the sign is not addressed correctly I can CC in their place. I can and will leave if asked to do so. I DO NOT carry in any other location that has the right posting. I do not want to lose my CC privaleges!
    Thank you all for your honest posting.

I carry when and where it's legal 100% of the time.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Since receiving my CWP some two years ago, I have been adamant about following the laws of the states that I carry. I also stress this in classes at our local club. Not only because of the personal costs if I'm found guilty of violating these laws; but more importantly, how the media and those against gun ownership will take an incident to show us as "crazies." We cannot afford to stand beside brothers/sisters that flagrantly violate CC laws no matter what we may personally think.
    "A strong body makes a mind strong. As to the exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the Body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind . . . Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."
    --Thomas Jefferson August 1785

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiwee View Post
    I follow the cc law because of Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzman View Post
    +1 .

I too "TRUTHFULLY" only carry when its legal. I do not break the rules and make sure that anytime I have my firearm I am within the bounds of Tx law. I am not rich, nor will the LEO's give me any help if I am caught breaking the law. I will go to jail. Carrying illegally (even for an instant) in a location that is clearly prohibited, is just not worth time in the slammer or the fines that will follow.

YEP!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Fortunately, I don't go to any places where it is illegal to carry.

I never set foot on Federal property, Oregon has no gun-free school laws and CHL holders are exempt from the fed rule, and signs do not hold weight of law.

The truth and only the truth...

Sounds like oregon has some wise delegates in this matter

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links