Biker either badly OCing or very badly CCing

This is a discussion on Biker either badly OCing or very badly CCing within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was driving today when I noticed that the biker in front of me a ways was carrying. I changed lanes and got beside and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was driving today when I noticed that the biker in front of me a ways was carrying. I changed lanes and got beside and slightly behind him just to see if I could identify what his firearm of choice was.

It struck me that I couldn't figure out if this guy was intending to CC or OC. I mean, it was tucked inside his bands at 6 o'clock with a mounted belt clip, but it was sort of half open and half tucked under his shirt and jacket.

The way i figure it, this guy would be in real trouble if he OCing and ended up snagging his firearm on his shirt in an attempt to draw. That, or he has yet to realize that when speeding around on a motorcycle the back of your shirt tends to flap about and drift upwards... making the 6 o'clock position a terrible place to conceal. Based on his holstering method I'm inclined to think it was the latter.

I really felt like rolling down the window and asking the guy what his deal was... but my curiosity was ultimately over-ridden by sensibility.

It's still kinda bugging me though.... what was he try'n do
    Sorry 'bout that... He's trained to attack shopping carts for some reason.

Senior Moderator
    Not to mention that if he did hit the dirt at a high rate of speed that the gun in the 6:00 postition could really mess him up for life...if he lives through it.

I've seen a few guns inadvertently exposed when someone was riding a motorcycle, some of them just dont seem to think much about it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Not to mention that if he did hit the dirt at a high rate of speed that the gun in the 6:00 postition could really mess him up for life...if he lives through it.
    ha. That's exactly what I told my brother, who was riding shock gun
    Sorry 'bout that... He's trained to attack shopping carts for some reason.

Ive seen many riders carry at 6 o'clock and usually the same thing you describe is what happens. Ive only told maybe 2 riders about it, only because I KNEW them.
    ~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

I'm a biker and I always carry on my 6. But I'm also not the type to just go ride with only a shirt. I will always have on either my leather jacket or leather vest. Which both allow me to have perfect access. I found that riding with it on my strong side makes it extremely noticable. Then again, I carry a G19 so it's pretty obvious when I carry it anywhere other than my 6 or my vest inside pocket.

My Kimber UC II rides nicely in my right side vest pocket.
    Keeps my throttle hand free and is a ******* lot easier to access.
    "We're surrounded? Good, now we can kill the ******** in any direction."
    ~ Colonel Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

When I ride my weapon is in the same place it always is, IWB at my 3:00. I don't pay any mind to the wind lifting my shirt when I ride as WA is an open carry state. When I am on long rides and wearing my road jacket, I prefer OC as it is much more accesable in riging gear.
    Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

Ruger SR9 - Crossbreed STD
    Savage 10FP

When I ride it's at 3:00 and well covered, in my vest pocket, or in a pouch. I sure wouldn't cover at 6 o'clock, that just couldn't be good on a long ride.

I carry at 9 o'clock and sometimes the wind is exceptional and will raise my shirt,I just keep pulling it down,it's not a problem when it's cool enough to wear my vest
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    mine is at 4:00 iwb regardless of whether i'm riding or driving...the only thing i have to be cautious about is at high speeds my shirt gets lifted...i was on i75 at 80 mph one day and realized i had been riding possibly for quite a while with my firearm exposed...ooops...i usually tuck the hem of the shirt under the belt clip when i'm riding just to keep the shirt down...even if i leave it that way off the bike it doesnt really look like much of anything...

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    3:00 for IWB or 9:00 crossdraw for bellyband. The bellyband can go up higher and can be hidden under my jacket (its under one of the armor pieces so no printing issues and less injury if I get thrown.)
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

VIP Member
    I used to carry @ 4:00, but got tired of fighting to keep my shirt/jacket down. 6:00 isn't an option on most Harleys with forward controls. Now I carry the G19 in the breast pocket of my leather jacket, or I downsize to a 637 in my pants pocket in the summer.

Motorcycles and cc'ing is a world unto it's own, with all kind of unique issues.

VIP Member
    When on my bike, I carry at about 3-4 o'clock IWB, and will tuck my shirt under my belt to keep it concealed.
    I should mention that when un my bike, I carry my snub .38.
    Last edited by shooterX; November 24th, 2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: additional comment

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I wear a armored riding jacket when I ride, so my 9 o'clock carry is never exposed. 6 o'clock is not a good idea if you're just wearing a t-shirt or whatever...No sense in announcing your CC to the world driving behind you!
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

I see this alot in VA..

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links