when walking or standing carrying

This is a discussion on when walking or standing carrying within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Arm rest yes, hand rest no. It's kind of like a passive deterrent against a gun grab....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: when walking or standing carrying

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Arm rest yes, hand rest no. It's kind of like a passive deterrent against a gun grab.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

I very rarely carry owb anymore, but I can't remember that ever being a problem when I carried in a paddleback or pancake holster.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Guilty as well, although not too often. My EDC rides at (appx.) 4:30 posit so resting/placing my arm there isn't much of an option unless I'm sitting or standing in a slightly askewed position.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I'm might but my pf-9 at 4:00 o'clock with it's belt clip screwed to the frame keeps the pistol plastered to me skin tight and it’s so small that I couldn’t possible rest my hand on it.

I don't want to start a flame war. But could part of the problem be ego?

By resting your hand on your firearm you are announcing to the world ~~~~ I have a firearm and it's ready to go.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
    I don't want to start a flame war. But could part of the problem be ego?

By resting your hand on your firearm you are announcing to the world ~~~~ I have a firearm and it's ready to go.

no im not one to be like that. an ego is sumthing i dont care about . i dont do it all the time im use to putting my hands in my pockets, now i dont no what to do with them

I've done it too, but I try not to. I have moved my Crossbreed more to the 4 o'clock position, and it does help. I am always concerned that by resting my hand or arm on the pistol, it will be a give away.
    NRA Life Member
    Irish Diplomacy:
    The ability to tell someone to go to Hell, in such a way that they are looking forward to the trip.

Hard habit to break.
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."
    -- Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

When I worked as an officer years ago I did it all the time, and it is a hard habit to break. I changed the position of the gun,and wore the grip tighter to the body. Seemed to help.

Nope, can't say I do. I can recall when I first started carrying 20 + years back, that on an occasion I would find myself adjusting the rig, but not using it as a prop for my strong arm/elbow. JMO, but that's a habit that needs some immediate attention.. Good luck.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Cross your arms instead so they have a place to be. I broke myself of this habit very quickly...too hard on cover garments and makes you print usually. I make it a habit to avoid touching my firearm casually so that I conceal better. Then again I practice my concealed draw frequently (in private, of course!!), so it's not like I never bother the thing.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

No, I do not rest my arm on my weapon, never have, don't think I ever will. Why would you want to? Definitely blows your concealment...Definitely would interfere if draw was necessary...Definitely is poor weapon control...and on and on....Personally think you should break the habit if you do this...JMHO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Just hook your thumbs in your front pants pocket. That will support your arms. Easy to draw from that position and not threating either.

Semper Fi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links