I am P'd off!!

I am P'd off!!

This is a discussion on I am P'd off!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I sent out my FL CCW app back in July or August, and had to resend my certificate about a month back. I was hoping ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am P'd off!!

I am P'd off!!

I sent out my FL CCW app back in July or August, and had to resend my certificate about a month back. I was hoping to get my license by the time I go to FL in Dec. since they no longer accept NV and I can't use my UT. Anyway, I called today to check up on it, and the lady said it was still being reviewed and that an arrest came back on my fingerprints! I was like ***! I have never been arrested, and have two CCW's with no issue. So I have no clue what is going on, but it looks like I won't be getting it in time for FL, which means I'll be armless. I also need to somehow check up on this arrest thing when I go there...

I am P'd off!!

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    fingerprint matching sure isn't fool proof...I'd bet they confused yours with another.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

I'm thinking they either mixed up my fingerprint card with someone elses, or it is not my prints that got flagged with an arrest, but my name. I have a cousin with the same name that was arrested one spring break in Daytona Beach. But that was for a disorderly conduct charge (spring break stupidity) that was dropped, so I don't know if that would even impede a person (if it was the person applying who got arrested) from getting a CCW.

VIP Member
    I'll bet it got flagged from your cousin's arrest, since ya'll have the same name...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I am sorry for what you are going through. Get it straightened out. This year, my UT ccw was pulled. I received a registered letter from BCI stating I had an arrest warrant. WHAT!!! It turns out the guy they wanted lives in the same town, different age, first name one letter off, different middle name and same last name. It was sloppy work by the DA.

Quote Originally Posted by G19inLV View Post
    which means I'll be armless.
    Stay away from the deep end then.... JK

Sorry to hear the bad news. Time to break out the none lethal defensive tools. Stay safe.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

At the rate that the ccw's are being issued there are bound to be screw ups. Hope you get the permit soon.

Uggggghhhh sorry man. Hopefully they'll get it straightened out and to you fast. I'm sending mine off here in a few weeks. Hope it all works out!
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

I can feel your pain. After moving to this community I was turned down for a teaching job in the local school district, no reason given. (clean record, just retired from USMC after 30yrs AD, and no problems). I drove to work 27 miles one way for 10 years to teach in the next county. After retiring 2 years ago, I found that I had been mistaken for another man in town with same name (one letter off!)and that he had a record. Nobody ever bothered to look at home address or social security number.

I drove 50 miles a day to work for ten years because some idiot had the wrong person.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    I can feel your pain. After moving to this community I was turned down for a teaching job in the local school district, no reason given. (clean record, just retired from USMC after 30yrs AD, and no problems). I drove to work 27 miles one way for 10 years to teach in the next county. After retiring 2 years ago, I found that I had been mistaken for another man in town with same name (one letter off!)and that he had a record. Nobody ever bothered to look at home address or social security number.

I drove 50 miles a day to work for ten years because some idiot had the wrong person.
    Yea, that's MUCH worse. Sorry to hear that.

Even if that is the reason, that they mixed up me and my cousin, I should still get it. It was a stupid spring break thing and he was released the next morning when he saw the judge. I don't even think he was charged with anything, or if they did charge him, it was very minor. They just let him go. No bail, court, etc.

Can certainly understand your frustration. But shiat happens. No need to be completely unarmed though. Some Fox Labs 5.2 OC along with a couple spyderco delicas and you are still well armed (assuming you know how to use them).
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by G19inLV View Post
    Yea, that's MUCH worse. Sorry to hear that.

Even if that is the reason, that they mixed up me and my cousin, I should still get it. It was a stupid spring break thing and he was released the next morning when he saw the judge. I don't even think he was charged with anything, or if they did charge him, it was very minor. They just let him go. No bail, court, etc.
    The record still may show an arrest. This could be the hang up.

Good luck, this should get resolved pretty quickly.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    reminds me of when my wife and i tried to get our first mortgage...theres a problem with my wifes credit the guy says...seems she has late payments with lane bryant stores...

i point to my 94 pound wife and say..."does she look like she spends much time or money in a large womans store?"...

he says.."i'll draft a letter that its a mistake and we'll get it cleared up."

All is not lost...you can still keep a pistola in your glove box, so traveling throughout the state while 'armed' is not impossible.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by pcon View Post
    fingerprint matching sure isn't fool proof...I'd bet they confused yours with another.
    +1 and it's funny that since it's not fool-proof that it's allowed as evidence in court. It's allowed all based on "likelihood" and since the government does not require that everyone within our borders (illegals and all) submit fingerprints, there's a lot of folks that have the potential to match yours, mine, and others.

Here's your reprieve of information: Contact Florida and request that they immediately send you a copy of their findings (must have the location of the arrest and the arresting agency on it!) so you may address the issue promptly. Have it faxed to you if you can so the process will be faster. Remember, they're human too and a smudge on a print card can be enough to screw it all up...want to bet that they pulled the arrest on prints alone and didn't match it to any other information on YOU?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links