Belt for CCW - Page 2

Belt for CCW

This is a discussion on Belt for CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Double thick leather!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Belt for CCW

VIP Member
    Double thick leather!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I love my Beltman, and he provides great customer service!

I own eight Galco gun belts. I wear them all.

I know eight sounds like a lot, but I like to match the color and style to what I am wearing.

One of the advantages of Galco is selection. Thre colors and 12 styles.
    Life is for the living, sleep is for the dead.

The key to a good gun belt is that they are made of thicker leather than the average off the rack belt. When you pick one, and there are many good ones out there and compare to what you have been wearing you will immediately see and feel the difference. Also you want it wide enough to accommodate the clips on your holster. You don't want the belt so thin that the holster slips around.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Beltster

Google "Beltster" for something different in a gun belt.

...Skye...

I have a Beltman Horsehide 1.5 and a Wilderness Instructor 1.5 / 5 Stitch. I like the Wilderness better, it is more comfortable.

I picked mine up at the local LEO/Security supply store. Paid $30, wearing it for 2 years now. Looks like a plain Jane 1.5" leather belt. Stiff and still holding it's shape (no sagging points). Picked up a 1" dress belt for those rare occasions I need to wear slacks.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

For jeans, I use these...
    - Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC

For dress pants, I use these...
    Looper Reinforced Holster Belt

Good luck in your search.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

A belly holster

I just bought a belly holster and I find it to be be best carry I've ever used. I carry a Para Carry 12 and a 357 mag at the same time and both conceal well.

A quality leather belt for carrying a gun will be 2 layers of leather stitched together cross grain. As previously mentioned, this is like plywood in that the crossed grain of the 2 pieces of leather will keep either layer from stretching or sagging. There are reports of these belts being worn daily for 5 years with no sag or stretch.

Some of the belt makers are stitching a kydex or similar plastic strip between the 2 layers of leather for additional stiffness.

Some beltmakers will stitch velcro on the inside of the double layered belt for use with IWB holsters that have velcro V clips, such as the Cross Breed SuperTuck holsters and belts.

CrossBreed makes a high quality belt. The Belt Man has rave reviews of his work as well. I bought a belt from a local leather shop for a lower price and it is a good quality, although not quite as nice as my CrossBreed belt.

Depending on what you want out of your belt, you can buy one for as little as $35 or over $150. My personal dream belt is from The Belt Man. Natural Gray Elephant belt. It's a bit beyond my finances right now.

You can also buy a synthetic belt such as the 5.11 tactical belt. They come with good reviews also.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

Two Beltman Belts here. One black, one brown. Both 1-1/4" wide with Velcro insert.

i went to gt's last month and got a 5.11 dress belt. good heavy and stiff made belt. it is made to do the job and is priced right. holds the gun in place.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I have a 1.25" Beltman belt. It has the horsehide exterior and the velcro is sewn to the inside.

Last week, a friend at work was complaining that his MTAC sagged and was uncomfortable. I let him borrow my Beltman belt to try out for a day. That one day, I wore a regular belt with my MTAC and I could really tell a difference!!!! I kept having to pull my pants up and it was really uncomfortable. Needless to say, he ordered a Beltman belt the next day.

This is a pic of the Beltman belt with my K&D Thunderbird Defender holster. Notice how stiff the belt is.

Nice outift Jay1313g. I like it.
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

I was lucky to find a reversable 1 1/2" belt at a men's store that is double thickness and has lasted for 2 years now. That's the only belt I've found in a store that is adequate as a gunbelt.
    I have a Wilderness Instructor, 1 1/2", 5 stitch on order and a true double leather gunbelt coming as part of a package from Little Bear Holsters in Jacksonville.
    Rick

Gun owners' prayer:
    "Dear Lord; if I die please don't let my wife sell my gun collection...........for what I told her it was worth"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links