Encounter with a NC State Trooper (good) - Page 2

Encounter with a NC State Trooper (good)

This is a discussion on Encounter with a NC State Trooper (good) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Great story!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Encounter with a NC State Trooper (good)

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Great story!
    Proud NRA member

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by r0rtiz View Post
    You should contact the department and speak with the watch commander. This particular trooper deserves an "Atta boy."
    Or even better to write a letter. I've actually written letters of thanks to our local Sheriff for outstanding peformance by his deputies (due to my occupation, I bump into them frequently). He puts them in their service jacket for future reference.

When you think of all the grief and false accusations that many LEO's attract, a little well-deserved gratitude seems appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by grifft View Post
    no doubt you were in north carolina. That is the way the north carolina boys are brought up nice and respectful. Yes of course i am from north carolina but know live in florida. How sad
    amen brotha!!!!!!

I was speeding and got stopped by a NC Trooper, showed my license and permit, went back to his car, came back again with a warning. Getting warnings from Highway Patrol is almost unheard of.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

Funny, I have gotten warnings many times (mostly before my CCW and some now after). Just be polite, don't try to BS, have a clean record and it never fails.

I have had a few experiences with NC police, most everyone was very positive. Most didn't seem to care about the CCW at all, but appreciated being told.

I did have one Durham Sheriff pull me over right next to where I work at 7:30AM because my registration was 25 days overdue....I was not carrying, as I cannot at work. The LEO asked me many times if I had any weapons on me or in the car (I was polite and said no every time). He came back to my car are told me no ticket, just get my car registered, then asked me to get out of the car and proceeded to ask me yet again if I had any weapons (again, said no). He then frisked me and looked throughout the interior of my car with his flashlight....

I thought that was completed inappropriate, especially right next to work where everyone could see me (everyone at work knows my car).

Quote Originally Posted by mtb996 View Post
    Funny, I have gotten warnings many times (mostly before my CCW and some now after). Just be polite, don't try to BS, have a clean record and it never fails.

I have had a few experiences with NC police, most everyone was very positive. Most didn't seem to care about the CCW at all, but appreciated being told.

I did have one Durham Sheriff pull me over right next to where I work at 7:30AM because my registration was 25 days overdue....I was not carrying, as I cannot at work. The LEO asked me many times if I had any weapons on me or in the car (I was polite and said no every time). He came back to my car are told me no ticket, just get my car registered, then asked me to get out of the car and proceeded to ask me yet again if I had any weapons (again, said no). He then frisked me and looked throughout the interior of my car with his flashlight....

I thought that was completed inappropriate, especially right next to work where everyone could see me (everyone at work knows my car).
    WAY out of line for him to do that. To me, i think he was using that as an excuse to further look for drugs instead of weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

i agree with writing a letter. thanks for sharing.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Score another one for NC LEO! Gotta love those guys. Since moving here 2 1/2 years ago, we've had one positive experience after another with several facets of NC LE. Happy to hear your encounter went this well, but not that I'd expect any differently! :)
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

( If I have to explain this you'll never get it )

No way did this happen, the Trooper beat you senseless and violated your Civil Rights........admit it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

I have the same pleasant experience in Charlotte, NC over-speading stop at 485.

I have not received my CCW permit at the time; he told me to call the sheriff's dept. because it is ready. I was really stupid over-speading. I did not get any ticket though.

thanks for sharing

I like it! Thanks for sharing the story. It reinforces my conviiction to notify the LEO first.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear that NC State Toopers are on board with CCW.
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we can’t allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links