first concealed carry days

This is a discussion on first concealed carry days within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i've had my permit for a month or so but finally got my holster. i ordered a crossbreed holster and belt with the velcro clips ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first concealed carry days

first concealed carry days

i've had my permit for a month or so but finally got my holster. i ordered a crossbreed holster and belt with the velcro clips for the belt. first off, with the velco clips and belt you can't see anything at all. it works great. this combo conceals my glock 19 very well.

sunday was the first day i carried. we left the house to go to some friends house for a bit then off to the in laws for lunch. before we left i told the wife to check and see if she could see the gun, i was wearing blue jeans and a t-shirt. i was worried about the t-shirt being to tight. well we were over at the in laws for about 2 hours then we went home. no one over there said anything at all about noticing the gun. when we got home i asked if she could tell that i was carrying. she asked me when did i put it on and i told her i had it on all day. she said that she never noticed it. i felt good after that.

monday i wore it to work. i work for a distribution company that calls on grocery stores so i'm in and out of stores all day and i have to talk to store personal and managers all day along with helping out customers all day. i spent all day going in and out of about 10 stores and talked to several employees, a couple of managers, a few customers, even a few people that i work with were in the stores. nobody noticed a thing all day or at least nobody said anything to me. tuesday was more of the same as monday.

wal mart is one of the accounts that i have so i walked around the store, went walking around the backroom and talked to employees back there and that was one of the stores that i had to talk to the manager at. oh, and no ammo still.

thursday i am going to my parents house for thanksgiving and there is going to be about 15 of my famliy members there getting up close and personal. i've told my parents that i was getting my chl but not that i have started carrying. i'm wanting to see if anybody there notices.

i think this will help save my back a little also. i have been trying to bend at the knees now when i'm bending over or picking things up so i won't print as much. just another added benefit of carrying.

2. Remove Ads

congrats DropTop of your first days of carrying! sounds like you've got the right gun/holster/positioning going for ya. It's always funny how when you first get your holster/gun combo you instinctively ask your wife/girlfriend if you can see this print and then you try your holster in a million positions with different cover garments. Haha I remember my girlfriend laughing all day when my MTAC came in. O well. Congrats buddy!
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

1st congratulations on your decision to start carrying and on getting your permit you get alot less paranoid about printing the more you do it. If you got one of those touchy feely families be careful how you hug em. How would your family react if they noticed?

Congrats on the good experiences so far. Stay alert and always be mindful of the responsibilities of CC and you're gonna settle in fine. I've carried for so long now 20+ years, that I have almost forgotten about the jitters and inquisitive feeling associated with being new to CC. Stay with it, it gets easier and easier every day. Soon enough you'll feel perfectly at ease and all the questions about printing and if someone sees it, yada yada will disappear completely. Make sure to get plenty of range time to become proficient with your weapon too. Stay safe!

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Congrats Be armed and stay safe.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Welcome
    I also am new to CC, about 3 months now. I really do not think about it now. My first carry was to my in-laws. I carried at 4:30 and did not like it. Everytime I bent over I was printing, so I switched to appendix. I perfer this method of carry with my Glock 27.
    Now my days are filled with my baby and I making our daily routine around town. The only problem is to keep a mental list of places I can and can not enter. So, far this a not a problem as I am unemployed and broke, so I stay home alot! I am getting good at dry firing!!!!

Congrats on your first day! Glad things went well. Always carry, always conceal and always ready.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Soon it will become as natural a carrying your wallet or watch.

Stay armed...now take a course and practice...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by chrise2004 View Post
    It's always funny how when you first get your holster/gun combo you instinctively ask your wife/girlfriend if you can see this print and then you try your holster in a million positions with different cover garments. Haha I remember my girlfriend laughing all day when my MTAC came in.
    haha +1
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by DropTop View Post
    i think this will help save my back a little also. i have been trying to bend at the knees now when i'm bending over or picking things up so i won't print as much. just another added benefit of carrying.
    I notice that when I am carrying my posture improves! I think it is partially feeling the gun grip in my ribs (4-5:00 position IWB) and partially the confidence boost.

A side benefit in addition to better posture may be the fact that standing tall may project an aire that may keep someone from hasseling you. Has anyone else noticed the posture/confidence thing?

Good job and good holster, pistol combination it sounds like. After awhile you will realize that pretty much nobody cares or is looking. Even the cops. I ate lunch in a restaurant recently and there happened to be about 10 cops there too. It was one of those Chinese lunch buffets so you go back and forth to the food. I passed their tables about 5 times and not a peep out of any of them. They weren't looking and they didn't care.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Rider View Post
    If you got one of those touchy feely families be careful how you hug em. How would your family react if they noticed?
    i don't think they will mind. most of them have been around guns alot. my dad is retired from the army so he shouldn't mind but you never really know. i think i'm going to have the bigger issues with my wifes side of the family. i feel they are going to think that i'm going over board for carrying around the house and me carrying everyday and everywhere i can. i already have the feeling that my wife feels that away. i just have to get them to understand that it's better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have and also that BG don't call for an appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by chrise2004 View Post
    It's always funny how when you first get your holster/gun combo you instinctively ask your wife/girlfriend if you can see this print and then you try your holster in a million positions with different cover garments.
    ........Does this gun make me look fat??

Quote Originally Posted by DropTop View Post
    monday i wore it to work.
    I'm assuming your work doesn't have a no weapons/ firearms policy. Unfortunately, mine does, I can keep it in my vehicle due to state law but don't chance it.

VIP Member
    Glad to hear you are adjusting to carrying without too many problems...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links