Support Taco Cabana, they support our CHL effort.

This is a discussion on Support Taco Cabana, they support our CHL effort. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I stopped at a Taco Cabana in Houston with my wife and son. After several months of conceal carry in Texas, this is my first ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support Taco Cabana, they support our CHL effort.

Support Taco Cabana, they support our CHL effort.

I stopped at a Taco Cabana in Houston with my wife and son. After several months of conceal carry in Texas, this is my first time to encounter a 30.06 sign. Granted, it wasn't posted per the letter of the law, specifically wasn't letters of 1" height. But, I locked my pistol in the Tahoe and went in without incident.

A few days later, I typed up the letter below and emailed it to the customer service email. Only a few days later I got the response below, and now I am happy to say sometimes a kind (but decisive) letter can get some very positive results.

The letter I wrote seems a little long for the response I got, but I expected much more resistance; so I tried to impress the fact that us CHL owners are law abiding citizens, several times. Not to toot my own horn, but I think this could be my future 'form letter' when I see a 30.06 sign, one of those "insert restaurant name here" things.

The response email with my email as a history:

Hello Chris,

First of all, allow me to apologize on behalf of Taco Cabana.

We appreciate you, our guest, and it is our intention that each experience be a pleasant one.

“The 30.06 sign should not have been posted at our stores.

Taco Cabana does not prohibit lawfully concealed handguns on our premises – only unlicensed weapons.”

I will have our legal department contact this store and have them remove the sign.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us again, should the need arise.

Thank you,

Diana Smith

Taco Cabana Customer Services

(800) 580-8668 <toll free>

Visit our website at Taco Cabana : Home

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 9:13 PM
    Name: Chris

Email: kd5tms@hotmail.com

Comments:

Re: Store #250

I must first say that I enjoy eating at your restaurants. I enjoy the selection on your menu and have always had a pleasant time. But, as a law abiding citizen, I hold the safety of my family paramount. I was suprised to see this particular store posting a sign as per Section 30.06 of the Texas code on trespassing by a holder of a concealed hand gun licensed under Section 411 Subchapter H. As a law abiding citizen (and thus a CHL holder), Texas has confirmed my right to keep and bear arms in public to better defend myself and my family. I am saddened that this establishment feels that as a CHL holder, I must leave my protection (my concealed hand gun) where it will be of least use to me. Yes, odds are I will not need such protection, but in this day and age, the odds of having a flat tire are about the same, yet I keep a spare tire, just in case. Upon seeing the sign, I did respect the wishes of the general manager, Fanchon Nash, and secured my legal handgun in my vehicle. We then enjoyed our dinner without incident. If this is a decision of the general manager, and each manager has the choice of a "30.06 sign", then I hope you will urge him/her to allow us lawful citizens (as CHL holders, we are by definition law abiding) the right to exercise our 2nd Amendment while enjoying our meal and time together. If it is general company policy, I am sorry to say that I will no longer purchase meals from Taco Cabana as long as I see a "30.06" sign posted. I will also tell my friends, who are also lawful citizens, that Taco Cabana feels it is necessary to disarm those of us who are responsible enough to have earned a CHL license in the state of Texas in their establishments. I do hope company policy will come around to help us exercise our Constitutionally protected right to protect ourselves from those that would wish us harm. Thank you for reading my comment, and look forward to being able to eat in a Taco Cabana again soon.

2. Remove Ads

Every litle bit counts. Maybe more businesses will catch on.

mkh
    One step at a time.

Way to go.

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    First off, welcome to the Forum.

I thought your letter was excellent. Well-reasoned, articulate, and persuasive. You maintained a calm demeanor. I was also impressed with their reply.

Well done. In my view, exceptionally well done.

VIP Member
    Outstanding!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

My wife and I love Taco Cabana. When we lived in San Antonio, we would go in to eat there at least twice per week.

I will definitely show Taco Cabana my appreciation and support by buying at least one meal per day when I go back to SA (I visit SA every couple of years to check some property I own there).

Great letter; I commend your initiative. Thank you for sharing.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Welcome to the Forum!

Great letter! Thanks for sharing it and the response.

We have four Taco Cabanas in metro Albuquerque. I'll see if they are 2A supportive too (and try the menu - my wife & I are new here and still looking for good places to eat).
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

great response by a responsible corporate citizen.

I'm going to make it a point to eat there next time I'm in Texas.

All responses are not like that, but that was a great one.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Great News...I thought Taco Cabana was a long time anti.....
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Awesome!!!

Great job. I eat there from time to time, but I will be looking for them more often now. Thanks for writing the letter on my behalf also.
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

I love it when things like this happen, we are the most law abiding citizens and yet some times get treated like we are the bad guys.

In my State signs carry no weight, but I know some States they do.

One question, I've read many letters like this and yet to see any of them point out or ask if they want us dis-armed, then are they taking the responsibility of our safety? I saw somewhere a story about a lady in a Taco Bell drive-thru that got shot and sued them and won. Because Taco Bell "was" responsible for the safety of their customers!

My thinking is if that is the case, then wouldn't it make them realize that it is in everyones best interest to allow the good guys to carry?
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

This response was a welcome break from the usual mumbo jumbo that basically boils down to "Tough luck, we don't like guns." Excellent job.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I definitely remember from times past that TC was hard core anti. Something about ALL their stores in TX being posted. Maybe they've had a change in heart/leadership.

I've eaten there a couple times in the past, but it's been years. Don't have them in my hood, so only when I visit the relatives, and not often then, since they feed me so well!

IIRC they serve alcohol there, and you can get it in the drive thru!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Wish we had a Taco Cabanna, all we have is Taco Bell and folks around here think it's real Mexican food, lol!!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links