Seeking Holster for S&W 438 Bodyguard

This is a discussion on Seeking Holster for S&W 438 Bodyguard within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a brand-new Smith & Wesson Model 438 Bodyguard today...mainly for pocket carry when I'm in a hurry. Any advice in regard to ...

Thread: Seeking Holster for S&W 438 Bodyguard

Seeking Holster for S&W 438 Bodyguard

I picked up a brand-new Smith & Wesson Model 438 Bodyguard today...mainly for pocket carry when I'm in a hurry. Any advice in regard to holsters would be appreciated, especially a POCKET HOLSTER! Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

I also bought the 438 Bodyguard. Here is the holster I use for it, the FIST #46. Gives you the option of crossdraw or strongside carry. This is a good holster. I have been pocket carrying this revolver sometimes as well but I do not have a holster for pocket carry.
    FIST, INC.
    Last edited by wmhawth; November 28th, 2009 at 12:14 AM.

Mika's Pocket Holsters - Custom Made Pocket Holsters, Waistband Holsters, Vest Holsters, Tactical Pocket Mirrors And Much More.

Mika's: when only the best will do. The wait is long at the moment, but the pocket holster is worth the wait. Price is right too.
    "Improvise, adapt, overcome."

I pocket carry an LCR with a Desantis Nemesis and Superfly...Works Great!

The superfly has an extra flap that can be attached to help prevent printing and it is also made with a more tackier material.

I prefer the superfly except when I wear jeans and then I use the Nemesis. It's a little thinner and my jeans are bit on the snug side.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsetrader View Post
    Mika's Pocket Holsters - Custom Made Pocket Holsters, Waistband Holsters, Vest Holsters, Tactical Pocket Mirrors And Much More.

Mika's: when only the best will do. The wait is long at the moment, but the pocket holster is worth the wait. Price is right too.
    I ordered one 3 weeks ago, don't expect to have it till the end of January. Also at which time he expects turn around to come down to 2-3 weeks.

cmb
    I make my own get it when I want it, leather from a craft store and spider wire fishing line,

I have the 649 Bodyguard and mine rides in a Mika as well. The round cut is better for jeans and the square for slacks, I have one of each for this very reason. It is a great holster for the money. If you need it right away I would order the Nemisis, I carry my Guardians in them and they work good as well. I don't like leather for pocket carry, it is to much retention. I don't want to have to push the holster off the gun. YMMV

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

VIP Member
    I ordered a Milt Sparks PCH-R. It’s listed under ‘Products/All Other Holsters’ and it shows it with a Body Guard installed. Very nice looking and yes, I opted for the Shark Skin.
    Milt Sparks Holsters
    Regards,
    Dan
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Nice snubby. Everyone needs one!

Let me second the Fist holsters...and Fist has a great pocket holster with a 'thumb push'... Fist Pocket Holster
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Adding my suggestion to the list - the Pocket Packer Premium by Wild Bill's Concealment Holsters.

I've been using mine for close to 10 years now, first for a steel J-frame and now for 6+ years a lightweight, shrouded-hammer J-frame. Depending on fit and the material of the slacks I'm wearing, I may not need the snap-on flat panel to minimize printing, but it's sure worth having. This holster has never, ever come out of my pocket unless I wanted it to, and it allows a good grip on the gun while in the holster in your pocket. The price is quite reasonable at $50, considering the sturdiness of the holster.

I simply have not needed to look for another pocket holster for my snubs since I got this one.

FWIW, I've used the DeSantis Nemesis for close to 4 years now, carrying it a few times a month, hardly extreme duty. It's ready for replacement, as the 'stickiness' of its outer texture seems to have gone away. The holster occasionally comes out of the pocket with the gun, in spite of a thumb push. But - hardly a major investment to replace it.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    I got an Uncle Mike's Sidekick size 4, for quick delivery...then ordered a Mika pocket holster....Any of the leather pocket holsters already mentioned are great, but will have some wait time.... I still use my UM occasionally depending on the application...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

To all that responded: a great, big THANK YOU! I'll be checking out each and every suggestion and probably will end up buying one of each! Thanks again.

Links