My latest screwup...

My latest screwup...

This is a discussion on My latest screwup... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After a wonderful Thanksgiving meal last night, a bunch of family wanted to go for an after-dark stroll. I was finally cajoled into going along ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My latest screwup...

VIP Member

Unhappy My latest screwup...

After a wonderful Thanksgiving meal last night, a bunch of family wanted to go for an after-dark stroll. I was finally cajoled into going along and grabbed the usuals - keys/phone/G19 rig/chapstick and even had the presence of mind to grab a flashlight.

About half a mile into the walk it occurs to me that I forgot my wallet ! Yup, I was cc'ing without my permit!! ARRGGHHH!!!

Fortunately, the walk was uneventful - but I felt absolutely nekkid. It was the first time in 3 years of civilian carry that I pulled that stunt. Hopefully never again! I'm not Catholic (Baptist), but I felt the need to bring this to confession...

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Funny how odd that can make you feel isn't it?
    "Don't Tread on Me"

I've done it a couple times, both walking and driving --- but I immediately turned around and went back and got it. My permit is too valuable to risk an infraction against, even a minor one.

-Seawolf
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IDPA Member & RSO, KSRA Life Member, NRA Life Member, NRA Firearms Instructor & RSO, KS CCH Instructor (www.thekasdg.com)

I've permitted without a CC before. Not for long mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by seawolf1956 View Post
    i've done it a couple times, both walking and driving --- but i immediately turned around and went back and got it. My permit is too valuable to risk an infraction against, even a minor one.-seawolf
    +100 h/d
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Did the very same thing today!! When I realized I had no wallet I felt like the whole world was watching me. I shortened my walk and retreated back to the homefront.....What is it with us Baptist?
    Most people go through life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem! Ronald Reagan

Senior Moderator
    In truth, I dont see it as a big deal. Yes, I know you are supposed to have it.

The one person I have encounted that didnt have it, took me about 10 seconds to check to see that he did have it. I gave him a warning and a small lecture about having it with him at all times when he carried. He knew that, he had just spaced it.

Not a big deal to me.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

The one person I have encounted that didnt have it, took me about 10 seconds to check to see that he did have it. I gave him a warning and a small lecture about having it with him at all times when he carried. He knew that, he had just spaced it.

Not a big deal to me.
    Way to go as an officer, realizing people make mistakes, but unfortunately not all PO's are like you!

VIP Member
    I've been carrying for quite awhile and it happens to all of us. I take my dogs out every morning and occasionally I remember it after I'm already heading back to the house. It still bugs me but that's life.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Thankfully, in Texas you no longer have to fear getting your CHL revoked for this oversight. Just as of this year - thank goodness.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

Not a big deal to me.
    It's good to hear that you have some leeway to work with -- I think it's safe to assume that some jurisdictions and/or officers are looking for any excuse to revoke a permit or make an arrest. There are so many reasons why this should not be an issue.

In Florida it's only a $15 fine, if you don't have your permit on you...

Senior Moderator
    Any officer has "officer discretion". The young punks just haven't figured out how to use it.

You can verify a permit over the radio in short time. You don't revoke a drivers license if someone forgets it when they are driving, whats the point of making an issue of a permit?

Unless of course, you are an anti gun idiot.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

"Hopefully never again! I'm not Catholic (Baptist), but I felt the need to bring this to confession... "

I'm not a priest but I feel the need to give you a penance. Say three "Our Father's" and send me your G19, go, and sin no more :)
    pro-CZ's, pro-AR's, anti-CZAR's

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cz2075bd View Post
    "Hopefully never again! I'm not Catholic (Baptist), but I felt the need to bring this to confession... "

I'm not a priest but I feel the need to give you a penance. Say three "Our Father's" and send me your G19, go, and sin no more :)
    LOL. Good one - thanks. I think I'll hang on to the G19 though. It's the only thing that I can shoot straight...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links