How does your wife/girlfriend carry concealed?

This is a discussion on How does your wife/girlfriend carry concealed? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm trying to slowly ease my wife into the idea of carrying concealed, but i can already see a potential problem. She only weights a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How does your wife/girlfriend carry concealed?

How does your wife/girlfriend carry concealed?

I'm trying to slowly ease my wife into the idea of carrying concealed, but i can already see a potential problem. She only weights a 120 lbs. She is very thin and likes to wear form fitting clothes. I know a purse is always an option, but I don't like the idea of carrying off body. So this question if for you ladies who are here and for the men whose better half carry, how do you/they carry?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    My significant other is 4' 10" 103 lbs. and she carries a S&W 642 in her purse. Not the best choice but it's better than nothing. She refuses to wear a holster "because it makes he clothes fit funny".

LOOK for the post by a lady named 357mag - petite and concealing a full size 1911 5th post from top

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...cealed-45.html
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

My wife has been a real 'slacker' when it comes to CCW. She's got a new Glock-26 and a Tommy's Gun Pack and doesn't use it. Instead she also has a very thin leather pouch in which the KelTec .32 'just' fits in...that's what she carries...if I remind her. She just doesn't think much about CCW, especially when I have my firearm. I'll remind her and she just says, "You have yours along, we're fine!"
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sometimes purse carry is the best option.

My wife carries all the time just like me with one exception...she gets to carry at work. Over all, I can sum up how she carries in two words......very easily!

When I'm CC'ing, I do so by wearing a jacket or loose sweater. I carry my Ladysmith in a cross-draw belt holster, worn on my strong side.

That said, I usually OC (except when removing the jacket would just be too cold).

Then, I'm not a petite 120lb anything, and haven't been for years.

The little woman (5'2"/105 lbs) carries a M&P 9c in a High slide OWB from SGH (site sponsor) @ 4 O'clock.

Side Guard Holsters - OWB Holsters

She likes to wear a dress jacket or a less formal flannel cover shirt when out & about.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

my gf is WAAAY too crazy to carry. her temper has a hair trigger as it is, i feel no need to arm her
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfunk View Post
    my gf is WAAAY too crazy to carry. her temper has a hair trigger as it is, i feel no need to arm her

BOT: My wife alternates between purse and SOB. It's tough to conceal with some women's clothing, and they sem to have o make more compromises for clothing than we do.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

My other half always carries in one of her "concealed carry purses". Plus it gives me something new to get her for those special moments.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post

BOT: My wife alternates between purse and SOB. It's tough to conceal with some women's clothing, and they sem to have o make more compromises for clothing than we do.
    I'm experiencing things the other way around. My wife carries so easily, and it disappears. I was pretty much jealous at first, but in the long run, it makes things easier on me. We're still looking for the perfect holster though.

my wife wears some pretty form fitting cloths as well so she carries in her purse. but her purse is more like a hand bag. i've seen her practice draw and she's pretty quick with it. and she's pretty conscious about the possibility of a purse snatching. plus when i walk with her i walk on the side she keeps her purse to help thwart the possibility. combined with her situational awareness... well lets just put it this way, i've never seen someone with so much SA.

My wife carries in a concealed carry purse. She actually likes the style of the purse, so that's not a problem. She has wardrobe issues with carrying on her person. I guess a purse is better than not at all.

My wife is also petite. She uses a belly band for her LCP and a spare mag. Loose cover shirt conceals it well.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links