Should i wait to carry. - Page 2

Should i wait to carry.

This is a discussion on Should i wait to carry. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Although not an easily concealed gun, if you have a carry rig, go ahead and carry it. Your link to the ammo you have shows ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VIP Member
    Although not an easily concealed gun, if you have a carry rig, go ahead and carry it. Your link to the ammo you have shows it to be soft point bullets. I wouldn't worry about over penetration, soft point is designed for rapid expansion, just won't expand like a hollow point.

I'd carry what I had until I could get something more concealable. Ya never know when you'll need the defensive tool. Good luck.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    I use .38 hollow points in my .357 Smith & Wesson Model 60. .38s are good enough at close carjack-attack or parking lot range. I assume that your Ruger can use them too? Damn that is a tempting little fun gun that is cheaper than a Smith and just as shiny.
    Any revolver built to fire .357 will handle .38.

As to a GP-100 being a "little fun gun" I have a feeling your thinking of a different gun, possibly the SP-101. The GP-100 is anything but little. The gun is built like a tank and not much smaller. Even the SP-101 is built tough, just not as big.

Carry what you can, IF you can. I stand beside the saying better to have and not need than need and not have, but as others have said - IF the mindset is NOT there, DO NOT CARRY until you do have that mind set,because it will be more a danger than a defense. Same for the require skills of USING that tool.
    ~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

VIP Member
    I use to carry a S&W model-28 .357 with wad-cutters all the time. In fact it was my service revolver but even then we realized the over penetration issue. Still, its what I had so its what I used. Today, I wouldn’t hesitate to carry full-house loads if that’s all I had available.
    Regards,
    Dan
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    I use to carry a S&W model-28 .357 with wadcutters all the time. In fact it was my service revolver but even then we realized the over penetration issue. Still, its what I had so its what I used. Today, I wouldn’t hesitate to carry full-house loads if that’s all I had available.
    Regards,
    Dan
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I carry my 4 inch GP 100 some. More in the winter than summer.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links