Will be applying for a PA non-resident permit!

This is a discussion on Will be applying for a PA non-resident permit! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Drove from South Carolina to Florida for Thansgiving dinner and to help celebrate my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary, drivning through Georgia is a pain! Since ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will be applying for a PA non-resident permit!

Drove from South Carolina to Florida for Thansgiving dinner and to help celebrate my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary, drivning through Georgia is a pain! Since I don't have reciprocity in GA, I had to disarm, unload and lock up my firearms, what a hassel! I had one already lock in a case in my truck box, seperate from ammunition, had to stop before crossing into GA and dowith the other. Once in Florida I rearmed and contunued on to the villages where my in-laws live. Same routine on the way home yesterday, never again!

Be sure to apply with Centre County.
    Samwolf

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

WHAT ???!!! Georgia allows unlicensed open carry in a vehicle, visible or in glove box.. See:OpenCarry.org - State Information For Georgia If I'm wrong, please correct me ASAP, since I'm going there within two weeks. Thanks.
    "Improvise, adapt, overcome."

I applied to PA about 18 months ago. PA was giving a lot of grief to reciprocol permits so for $20 and 10 day wait I have a PA non resident.

Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    I applied to PA about 18 months ago. PA was giving a lot of grief to reciprocol permits so for $20 and 10 day wait I have a PA non resident.
    I wish SC offered the same non-resident consideration. But at least I can move the gun from my belt to my console or glove box as I drive through and remain legal.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

"This code section does not forbid the carrying of a loaded handgun in any private motor vehicle by a person who is not licensed, but also who is not prohibited from possessing a firearm, in an open manner and totally exposed to view. For those who are not listed as ineligible for a license (found below in the "Firearm License Carrying" section) may also place the gun anywhere inside the vehicle." quoted from www.Georgiapacking.org/law.php Found under section entitled "Long Version" , Heading entitled "concealed weapons , 2nd paragraph.

Am I missing anything ?
    Last edited by Horsetrader; November 29th, 2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: to add source

The only thing you had to do was put your gun on the seat. Georgia law states that your gun has to be visible on the seat.

I called the GA state attorney general, and was told it had to be unloaded, locked in a trunk etc, and seperate from ammo. The open carry & concealed carry issue has been discussed here recently (http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...a-florida.html) which is why I called the AG, it seems to me the open carry and concealed carry only apply to GA residents in the AG's opinion.

ONLY applies to GA residents ? OUCH !

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Pa is so easy to get so why not just go on and get it and you're covered. Takes around 10 days.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Pa. supposedly accepts my Kentucky CC license, but given my knowledge of Pa State Troopers and their frequent delusions of Godhood, I decided to get the Pa license. Twenty some dollars and 2 weeks later I was done.

I'm doing the same on Monday.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Florida has a reciprocy with Ga. (as well as SC, NC, AL, etc.) which means my FL CWP is good in Ga. also, or else there would be no reciprocal agreement. I did see where Nv is no longer on FLs reciprocal list.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsetrader View Post
    WHAT ???!!! Georgia allows unlicensed open carry in a vehicle, visible or in glove box.. See:OpenCarry.org - State Information For Georgia If I'm wrong, please correct me ASAP, since I'm going there within two weeks. Thanks.

he is ineligible to receive a GA license(doesnt meet the residency requirement) with that said he could open carry but with current case law the courts have held that it is impossible
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    he is ineligible to receive a GA license(doesnt meet the residency requirement) with that said he could open carry but with current case law the courts have held that it is impossible
    Bingo. That will be my problem in two weeks visiting the Blairsville area. Another state where I have to lock up, unloaded in the trunk. CRAP.

Here I researched the state law and then got got tripped up by the court case law.......thanks guys for the good info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links