Carolina Panthers Stadium CCW?

This is a discussion on Carolina Panthers Stadium CCW? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am going to be attending a Panthers game this year and I wondered what the deal was for carrying there in the stadium?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carolina Panthers Stadium CCW?

I am going to be attending a Panthers game this year and I wondered what the deal was for carrying there in the stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by tomcatg View Post
    I am going to be attending a Panthers game this year and I wondered what the deal was for carrying there in the stadium?
    The stadium is in NC, so you'll be out of luck.

Relevant information on where it's prohibited:

• Any public or private school building or bus, campus, grounds, recreation area, athletic fields or other property used or owned by an educational institution.
    • Any assembly where a fee had been charged for admission or where alcoholic beverages are sold and comsumed.

I live in NC. Carrying in the stadium would definitely be prohibited. If RP hadn't told you so first, I would have thought to only mention the part about not carry in a place where a fee had been charged for admission. Good point about the alcohol. I never would have thought of that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RPinSC View Post

• Any public or private school building or bus, campus, grounds, recreation area, athletic fields or other property used or owned by an educational institution.
    Just out of curiosity, what does this have to do with the reason not to carry? I understand the part about the admission. Is the panthers stadium associated with any school?

I'm not trying to make a point here, I'm just curious.
    When in doubt empty the magazine.

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy." - George Washington

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MiloSC View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what does this have to do with the reason not to carry? I understand the part about the admission. Is the panthers stadium associated with any school?

I'm not trying to make a point here, I'm just curious.
    Good question, it appears to not be associated with a school.

stadium/policies-and-information

Prohibited Items

To ensure that all fans have a safe and enjoyable visit to Bank of America Stadium, the following items are not permitted in the stadium:

* Alcoholic beverages
    * Baby seats
    * Backpacks
    * Balloons
    * Beach balls
    * Coolers or containers, including cans and bottles
    * Explosives
    * Fireworks
    * Folding chairs
    * Food and beverages, except two (2) sealed plastic non-flavored water bottles per person
    * Horns, bells, whistles and other noise makers
    * Illegal drugs
    * Large bags of any description
    * Laser pointers
    * Pets, except service animals assisting those with disabilities
    * Strollers
    * Tape recorders
    * Umbrellas
    * Video equipment
    * Weapons of any kind, including those carried with a permit
    * Other items that in the judgment of stadium management pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other patrons.
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

In North Carolina,it doesn`t matter about the stadium being associated with a school.It is illegal to cc anywhere an admission is charged even a movie theater.I`ve never really understood why but that`s the law here.
    My child is a Honor Student at Camp Polk Correctional Facility.

Yep, no carry zone, that is why all NC residents need to join Grassroots of NC. They are working hard to change some of our rediculous gun laws, most have been on the books long before the CCW laws were written. The entire system needs updating by progun people of course!!
    OH, don't try the VA tuck here in NC, you may end up face planted by a popo!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

[QUOTE=Hubadub;1390659It is illegal to cc anywhere an admission is charged even a movie theater.[/QUOTE]

That is pathetic, sounds like you have some work to do there. I know some of the theaters here can draw seedy crowds on the weekends, just one of the reasons I try and go during the week.

That why I go to Blockbuster!! Problem solved!!! But you are right, we have a lot of work so the more people that join Grass Roots the better.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by Hubadub View Post
    In North Carolina,it doesn`t matter about the stadium being associated with a school.It is illegal to cc anywhere an admission is charged even a movie theater.I`ve never really understood why but that`s the law here.

Unfortunately it seems the theory is that if admission is charged, there is probably at least a small to moderate group of people within close proximity. In other words, since there isnt really emphasis placed on accuracy for our CCW permit, they do not trust that a CCW holder could drop a BG and not nail any innocents. And then you also have one of the theories pushed in the university/college debate, and that is the inability to distinguish good guy from bad guy. BG comes in with a gun, good guy drops him, another good guy is confused and thinks GG1 is a BG, drops him, and so on. It's kind of jacked up, and I know many of us would not have an issue with this, but have you ever noticed some of the people picking up CCW permits? You don't have to be a tactical expert or even have much self-awareness, you just have to be able to hit a shadow from 7 yards away and not have a history of felonies or violent crimes. It's almost a shame that we can't have an advanced CCW permit that requires actual training and that sort of thing so that we could be allowed to carry in trickier locations like this.

Quote Originally Posted by murfnamedmsu View Post
    It's kind of jacked up, and I know many of us would not have an issue with this, but have you ever noticed some of the people picking up CCW permits? You don't have to be a tactical expert or even have much self-awareness, you just have to be able to hit a shadow from 7 yards away and not have a history of felonies or violent crimes. It's almost a shame that we can't have an advanced CCW permit that requires actual training and that sort of thing so that we could be allowed to carry in trickier locations like this.
    Yeah, further restriction of your right to keep and bear arms would be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    Yeah, further restriction of your right to keep and bear arms would be a good thing.

Would you care to explain how is it further restriction? If you don't take the extra course then you'd carry just like you do now. It's the exact same amount of restriction. If you take the hypothetical course, you would be able to carry in places like theaters. Maybe you aren't familiar with the fight NC put up against the CCW bill. I'm not saying that's okay, but the point is they aren't going to allow carry in places like theaters and universities without extensive training, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by murfnamedmsu View Post
    Would you care to explain how is it further restriction? If you don't take the extra course then you'd carry just like you do now. It's the exact same amount of restriction. If you take the hypothetical course, you would be able to carry in places like theaters. Maybe you aren't familiar with the fight NC put up against the CCW bill. I'm not saying that's okay, but the point is they aren't going to allow carry in places like theaters and universities without extensive training, if at all.
    You already have to take a class to be allowed access to your RKBA. Your state has ridiculous restrictions on where and when you are allowed to exercise your RKBA. You're wishing for another class to exempt you from some of those ridiculous restrictions. You say you want additional training to be required. Another hoop to jump through. Further restriction.

Well, there's what I think is right, and then there is realism. If you have an idea as to how we can go about getting all of these (agreed, idiotic) restrictions removed, then please let me know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links