53 days and couting

This is a discussion on 53 days and couting within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ok guys heres the deal. It's been 53 days since i turned in my application for my LTCF. So i goes down to 10th n ...

Thread: 53 days and couting

53 days and couting

ok guys heres the deal. It's been 53 days since i turned in my application for my LTCF. So i goes down to 10th n spring garden today to see what the hold up was.The lady took my drivers license and went to go check the status..She comes 5 mins later and tells me i should be expectin my letter within the upcoming weeks. My whole things is well damn you just told me it takes up to 8 weeks and its still not ready...the way i understand it it after 45 days it should be automatically approved. if I turned it in on oct. 9 and todays date is dec. 1..thats day 53 right? ***

IM IN PHILA,PA
    XD 9 sc
    Ruger p95

2. Remove Ads

Sorry, no sympathy from me...I had to wait 83 days. I don't know the law in PA though, in CO its 90 days.

The fact that she said letter and not license woulda made me nervous. But that's just me.

It took me over 9 months in Florida because I just kept getting "letters" saying they needed this and that. I wondered what the money I paid for the background check was for since I ultimately ended up having to get all my records and send them in. But finally got it!

Good luck and I hope all works out for you!
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMyRight2 View Post
    The fact that she said letter and not license woulda made me nervous. But that's just me.

It took me over 9 months in Florida because I just kept getting "letters" saying they needed this and that. I wondered what the money I paid for the background check was for since I ultimately ended up having to get all my records and send them in. But finally got it!

Good luck and I hope all works out for you!
    because here we get a letter telling us when to come get our licenses.
    XD 9 sc
    Ruger p95

Quote Originally Posted by pretty ruger View Post
    because here we get a letter telling us when to come get our licenses.
    Ahhh makes sense then.Here we just get the card in the mail.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    53 days and you're upset? Maybe you didn't tke into account the number of people applying for permits these days.

In Fl you're told to expect to wait 90 days to receive your CWP. They were so backlogged after Obama was elected that the state had to hire extra people to process applications (Talk about a job stimulas program!). Still, I got mine in August, almost exactly 90 days after I mailed my application in. One "secret" to getting a permit on time is to make sure the Ts are crossed and the Is are dotted exactly how the application requests. One omitted item or error and you go to the back of the line, no collecting $200.

You think you've got it bad? ;)

Sc's SLED says they've had budget cuts and can't hire more people to process applications... it took about 11 weeks from what I'm seeing.

How About 9 Months?

My permit in NY State - where it is not as difficult to get a CCW as people think but is a long wait - took 9 months. This is standard).

(Or was: This was BEFORE the recent upsurge in applications for CCW; I was down at the Pistol Permit Office a little while ago. There are so many applications for permits they've run out of filing cabinet space. They're piled all over the tops of most of the cabinets now. Think the wait is over a year at least)

It's taking 3-4 months in Louisiana
    Gun control is two hands on a 500 Smith/Wesson

In Wayne County PA it took 45 days. When I moved to Pike county it took less then 28 days. Out of state VA and FL took even less time.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion12 View Post
    You think you've got it bad? ;)

Sc's SLED says they've had budget cuts and can't hire more people to process applications... it took about 11 weeks from what I'm seeing.

LOL yea they did just the opposite. Instead of hiring people they let one go! So they only have 1 person processing ALL Apps... Derrrr is all i can say about SC logic...
    "I would rather be Judged by 12, Than to be Carried by 6"

Links