Standing in the local ATT store, with my elbow on the counter, and what do I spot? - Page 2

Standing in the local ATT store, with my elbow on the counter, and what do I spot?

This is a discussion on Standing in the local ATT store, with my elbow on the counter, and what do I spot? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hey billpocz: You can start all the "dialogs" you want, they are not interested. I have better conversations with a cement wall....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Standing in the local ATT store, with my elbow on the counter, and what do I spot?

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    hey billpocz: You can start all the "dialogs" you want, they are not interested. I have better conversations with a cement wall.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Since the sign was there you might as well try spitting into a nearby lake to raise the water level--you are not going to change anybody's mind and you are just wasting your time. Next time you go into the store you tell them that you are not coming back since they do not respect your responsible, legal and constitutional right to bear arms.
    Read up a little more on this forum. There are plenty of accounts of folks doing just that: changing minds. Most though, that report success, use a different tact than do you.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    hey billpocz: You can start all the "dialogs" you want, they are not interested. I have better conversations with a cement wall.
    Not to sound disrespectful or rude or anything (AND MODS, if it seems that way,please edit my post as you see fit)

Kelcarry, If we do not at least TRY to get certain things changed, this board would cease to exist as would our 2A rights. We have kept our rights because of people FIGHTING FOR THEM. Not fighting with force, but with pen,paper and VOICE. THEY may not be interested, but there are PLENTLY of success stories on this site, you only need look for them. Please try to SUPPORT the people who are trying to change the views of the people who post these gun free zone signs. Most places that post no gun signs will at least READ your letters, and some will even CHANGE POLICY in some cases. WE NEED TO TRY or WE WILL LOSE. If everyone followed your "cant fight city hall" comments/thinking, we would have lost our 2A a LONG time ago. I apologize if this sounds rude in any way, but it is my opinion and ONLY my opinion. (LOOK AT THE UK, COULD BE US)
    Respectfully, Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

GDM.... verizon?

anyway thats what i have and i go in the local verizon store alot, they do some sponsorship with the local baseball team that i announce for, they have actually asked me to stay around one time when there was a suspicous person. We had called the local and the guy ended up being wanted for a robbery in another city.
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by billpocz View Post
    ps: Today's Tip of the Day: Make sure that your phone numbers are saved to your phone and not your SIM card!!! I have to re-enter all of mine - a real PITA!
    I find it best to save to both that way if your phone gets smashed/broken you still have them on the chip... Better yet if you can sync with your computer.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

Well in NC if you see a sign in the window you better not take it in with you because then you have committed a Felony, as for the phone conversation you can get an iphone that automatically syncs all your contacts with your outlook and if you lose your phone you can do a remote wipe and find it on GPS

Quote Originally Posted by jjkjr View Post
    GDM.... verizon?
    Nope.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I'm with Sprint and I pay a small fee to have my contacts synced with their server. I am surprised AT&T does not have this service.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Who cares what the sign says if it has no legal status. CC means CC. The only people who should know you have a gun should be you or some perp who picked on the wrong guy. Not pointing any fingers so don't take it as such but I run into a lot of people who just have to tell me about their new pride and joy and show me where they carry it. No way would I give up the tactical advantage of CC.

I'm not pissed or even concerned about NPE. If they don't know I have it they won't ask me to leave. BTW if they do ask you to leave because of CC and you don't, well expect a free ride down town.
    For the stength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack. - R. Kipling

Romans 1:22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

VIP Member
    Not all AT&T stores are owned by AT&T. It is possible that this is a contract store.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

PM
    My contact list is in the phone, and I have typed them into a data base on the 'puter. I agree that having to put them in when the provider can not sync them with a new phone is a pain!! been there done that in the last year; on the other hand, I did remove un-needed/unwanted contact!?!

As for gunbuster --- in KS not good to walk pass one --- could lose permit.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    If you have internet service with your T-mobile phone plan they will sync your phone at no extra cost. Photos, video, contacts and messages. Oh and I have yet to see a T-mobile store with a no firearms sign.

FWIW I wouldn't worry too much about the sign... you are in your legal right. If you are made in the store and they ask you to leave then you say "ok" and take your business elsewhere.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinNEPA View Post
    Not to sound disrespectful or rude or anything (AND MODS, if it seems that way,please edit my post as you see fit)

Kelcarry, If we do not at least TRY to get certain things changed, this board would cease to exist as would our 2A rights. We have kept our rights because of people FIGHTING FOR THEM. Not fighting with force, but with pen,paper and VOICE. THEY may not be interested, but there are PLENTLY of success stories on this site, you only need look for them. Please try to SUPPORT the people who are trying to change the views of the people who post these gun free zone signs. Most places that post no gun signs will at least READ your letters, and some will even CHANGE POLICY in some cases. WE NEED TO TRY or WE WILL LOSE. If everyone followed your "cant fight city hall" comments/thinking, we would have lost our 2A a LONG time ago. I apologize if this sounds rude in any way, but it is my opinion and ONLY my opinion. (LOOK AT THE UK, COULD BE US)
    Respectfully, Steve

I agree completely. You have a 50/50 chance when you try. If you succeed, you've gained everything, if you are unsuccessful, you've lost nothing because you didn't have it to begin with. Good luck in your efforts.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links