SA failure on my part!

This is a discussion on SA failure on my part! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It is hard to know just what to say except I think you did very well, and does the dog really bite?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SA failure on my part!

It is hard to know just what to say except I think you did very well, and does the dog really bite?
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Hey, you can't be 100%, 100% of the time, well and not go crazy.

Glad it was just a scare and got you thinking a bit more about SA.

No treats for the pup for a day of two for letting you down like that.
    +1, bad doggie! Bring another pup into the house for a few days....really get him thinking
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ImChad View Post
    Lol, god love my mom, but she'd have been ready. A long time ago, when she was young and foolish, well younger but foolish none the less a man had broke down on the highway and she felt bad and gave him a ride. He said "Lady, don't you worry about picking up a rapist or killer when you gave me a ride" and my mom, under her jacket while it's on her lap pulls the hammer back on her pistol and smugly says "no, did you?"
    Um, no Mrs. ImChad, we will be home by 8:00.... Wow, thats a tough lady there my friend.
    Andy
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

The victim of a crime is not assumed at fault due to a lack of SA. When the BG gets to choose the time and the place, unless you are hold up in your house, SA will only take you so far. You and your dog did fine.

As for the dog, he is just a dog, not spider man, he would never think, with all those people around, he needed to doubt your judgement on the level of alert. Good boy.
    Last edited by Thanis; December 1st, 2009 at 06:58 PM.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

ONe can't see absolutely everything at all times, learn from the 'hole' in your SA and move on.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    You did fine.... As said before, you can't be on max. alert all the time....
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

You did fine, you can't be on high alert 24/7, you handled the situation. I try to ask them a crazy question back to keep them off guard.

I have an Impala with convex mirrors on each of my side mirrors. Between that and the rearview, there isn't a single blind spot on the car. By the time someone is out of the mirror, they are either at the window next to me, or far enough behind me to be in my rearview.

I am on a strict diet. Get to the part what you ordered and how was it?

Quote Originally Posted by jhh3rd View Post
    Were you "lerking" around at McD's earlier in the day by any chance?
    Andy

Don't be too hard on the puppy-dog; huskies weren't bred to be watch or guard dogs, and generally tend not to be at all territorial.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImChad View Post
    Lol, god love my mom, but she'd have been ready. A long time ago, when she was young and foolish, well younger but foolish none the less a man had broke down on the highway and she felt bad and gave him a ride. He said "Lady, don't you worry about picking up a rapist or killer when you gave me a ride" and my mom, under her jacket while it's on her lap pulls the hammer back on her pistol and smugly says "no, did you?"
    That's AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Well, Arko, you've overlooked your two biggest, most obvious mistakes:
    You went to a McD AND you used the drive-through.

If the guy didn't rob you, no doubt your order was shorted ... but you got robbed just the same. For sure, those fries stole a few years off your life-span! I, for one, NEVER go thru the drive-through.
    That's for sure. I don't do it often. I'm too cheap now to pay for garbage very often, but was out, over hungry, and it was close. And the dog likes the chicken nuggets..

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    You only missed one thing. You should have told the drive-up window person that there was a really rough looking character lurking in their drive-up area out of sight and accosting patrons.

The mgr would likely have called for the police to come out and take a looksee.
    Forgot to mention that I DID just that. They didn't seem to give a squat.

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    It is hard to know just what to say except I think you did very well, and does the dog really bite?
    A Husky? Heck no, but he probably didn't know that. Everyone who doesn't know better assumes he's a wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by basher052 View Post
    +1, bad doggie! Bring another pup into the house for a few days....really get him thinking
    That would get my WIFE thinking I wanted another dog!

Quote Originally Posted by thephanatik View Post
    I have an Impala with convex mirrors on each of my side mirrors. Between that and the rearview, there isn't a single blind spot on the car. By the time someone is out of the mirror, they are either at the window next to me, or far enough behind me to be in my rearview.
    I've tried those in the past. I just don't see enough in them to get used to them.

Quote Originally Posted by jhh3rd View Post
    Angus burger, and nuggets for the pup. Bleah. Always regret it after eating there.

Quote Originally Posted by kybandit View Post
    Don't be too hard on the puppy-dog; huskies weren't bred to be watch or guard dogs, and generally tend not to be at all territorial.
    Yup. It's true, and I'm find with that. He's just my buddy, and the "talking too" I mentioned was just tounge in cheek. No doggie feelings were hurt in this situation.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

IMHO, SA is the most important part of personal defense. Without it you won't have a chance.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links