How do you get out at all?

This is a discussion on How do you get out at all? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; reading some of the posts and threads in here a guy starts wondering how some of the members even bring themselves to go outside of ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you get out at all?

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar

How do you get out at all?

reading some of the posts and threads in here a guy starts wondering how some of the members even bring themselves to go outside of their own home...after checking the perimeter...setting the alarm...setting up 7 items in a particular place...practicing the draw and double tap to the chest...

where do you sit in a movie theater?..

are you able to walk down the street without someone walking backward behind you to guard your back?...you know someone could walk right up behind you and take you out before you know what hit you?...the horror!...

i think after you type some of this stuff you really need to take a moment to read it and ask yourself...is this the way i really live?...

just saying...

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    This should be good.

Administrator
    I've brought up the same thing before; at what point does being prepared cross into paranoia?

A lot of what goes on here is pure paranoia, some is just thought processes being displayed on some is the tactical peepee contest.
    I don't allow my preparedness intrude on a normal, happy and healthy life. I do think of a lot of things normal people do not, its just part of me. Some of the stuff people worry about here make me chuckle. They worry about silly things while ignoring the obvious danger.

My profession demands it, and it spills over into my personal life. It is what it is. Its part of my life, yet it is not my life.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Oh yeah. Hey, pass the popcorn.
    "Come Watson, the game is afoot!"

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    I have asked the same questions myself. No I meant to myself.

Pass the popcorn

VIP Member
    Well for me it's............

Oops, gotta go and check the perimeter.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Distinguished Member
    Me, well I answer the door if someone knocks, I pick up the phone even if I don't know the number (home phone I don't even have caller Id) I will look someone in the eye even if I don't know them. Will go out after sundown, don't carry a bug.

I live my life, CCW just lets me do it a little safer, and with a little more confidence.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I agree too, that some folks are prone to overkill (forgive the pun), when it comes to the limits of self protection. Taking reasonable precautions like locking the doors, being aware of your situation while out, is sufficient for protection. Of course, remembering to pack you gun while out helps too!

I'll take some of that popcorn too. Thanks!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Common sense and balance. That's my approach. Aware and alert, not paranoid.

Now I have to go check the tripwires........
    No one ever said it'd be easy.

Forget that! Whats the best caliber to carry in a movie theater. ;)

Senior Moderator
    Its all about perception and its all relative.

Reminds me of the elephant getting his first look at a naked man.

He looks at him and thinks...how in the heck do you breath from that little thing?

To the newbie, I'm quite sure that reading some of the posts on here can be entertaining, and some of it does seem a bit paranoid. What seems paranoid to one member may be a matter of survival to someone else living in totally different conditions.

You also have to remember that we have members from all 50 states and even some other countries here. What may seem completely foreign to someone may be completely natural to someone else.

You just have to learn to sort through it all and pick up what you can.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SigDaddy View Post
    Forget that! Whats the best caliber to carry in a movie theater. ;)
    For shooting at BG on screen?
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    I think HotGuns makes a good point. Many folks here live in urban areas like myself. Many people walk up and down the sidewalk in front of my house on a daily basis. We get a lot of the night crawlers after dark. I'm pretty good at making sure the doors are locked, no valuables are viable thru the window. Each time when I step out I check around before I leave the porch. To someone living in the sticks, that may not be a concern.

I have a friend who is one of the paranoid people.

And let me tell ya he is no fun to go out of the house with. Always worrying about something..too many people here, those guys look scary, oh someone is standing to close. It never ends. And when I am with him I think.."God what a horrible life"
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

...living in the sticks ain't as laid back as you might think.

Have you met any angry racoon/coyote/dog/ mountain lion/crazy-guy-down-the-road/bear/snakes/purplepeopleeaters/ and whatnot that resides out in never-never land?
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links