Bicycle Carry Options - Page 2

Bicycle Carry Options

This is a discussion on Bicycle Carry Options within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This year, during my very first CCW bicycle ride, I carried my little Ruger LCP inside my fanny pack, attached behind my handle bars, with ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This year, during my very first CCW bicycle ride, I carried my little Ruger LCP inside my fanny pack, attached behind my handle bars, with my radio and paperback book. One of the reasons that I took my CCW class was because of riding the local bikeways around Dayton, Ohio. Bikeways are full of soft suburbanite targets for predators.

Bike carry

I use the local bike trails near here for excersize.
    I have a Colt Mustang in an IWB holster with bike shorts on. There is a long tee shirt over my bike spandex concealing the gun.
    One part of the trail was along side some vacant property which had some wild dogs and vagrant living there. There was a mix of woods and open areas. The area was not patroled becasue of no roads back there. Before I carried, I had a knife, one which can be opened with one hand, in my bike shirt pocket. A wild dog came out of the woods, running at top speed, in front of my bike, I hit it and got knocked off the bike onto the ground. As I was getting up, it came after me. I did what I had to, and I reported it to the cops ,who took away the dog to examine it for rabies (it ws negative). Thats when I started to carry.......
    Since then, the land was bought and developed into a medical/office plaza. However, I still carry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links