Gunshops with no loaded weapon signs??

This is a discussion on Gunshops with no loaded weapon signs?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While working behind the counter and being close to two negligent discharges, the owner put up the no loaded guns in store sign. It has ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gunshops with no loaded weapon signs??

While working behind the counter and being close to two negligent discharges, the owner put up the no loaded guns in store sign. It has nothing to do with the Constitution. It has EVERYTHING to do with idiots with loaded guns and their finger depressing the trigger. Oh, I forgot the one discharge in the parking lot. Being my usual sarcastic-smarmy self, I walked outside and said in a sing-song voice, "I smell gunpowder."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Leopard125 View Post
    Kinda ironic
    yup, that's what he told me. Last time they came in through the roof and stole ton's of stuff. It's at the end of a dirt road with a bout 20 different routes out of the place if you have 4wd. No one has ever been caught that has broken into the place, it's no where near a police station and by the time the cops get there they are long gone on the trails in the woods.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

That sign doesn't apply to me in Florida.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    yup, that's what he told me. Last time they came in through the roof and stole ton's of stuff. It's at the end of a dirt road with a bout 20 different routes out of the place if you have 4wd. No one has ever been caught that has broken into the place, it's no where near a police station and by the time the cops get there they are long gone on the trails in the woods.
    Sounds like about the worst location for a gun shop I've ever seen or heard of.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

We seem to be getting about a 50/50 split in answers here. Any shop owners with one of those signs in here??

I myself was assuming it was for firearms being brought in to be sold,repaired or whatever. I was hoping it was not for the CC'ers.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

I myself was assuming it was for firearms being brought in to be sold,repaired or whatever. I was hoping it was not for the CC'ers.
    I always take it to mean my concealed weapon stays holstered and if I want to bring in a weapon for repair or to check the fit of a holster it needs to be unloaded.

Having said that the only way you're going to know for sure is to ask the person that posted the signs.

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Sounds like about the worst location for a gun shop I've ever seen or heard of.

yes sir, it's an old wooden building in farm country, the guy is old and stubborn and will not move or sell the place. It used to be at the center of town a long time ago but the town slowly disappeared and the only thing that remains is a bunch of old barns that the forest is slowly consuming, theirs nothing around for miles, it's the perfect place to rob, obviously lol. The guys a jerk and everything is overpriced, I don't know how or why he stays in business. I drive a lifted jeep wrangler on 35" tires, if I wanted to rob that place I could be gone in those woods 20 miles away by time the police got there.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

VIP Member
    yes sir, it's an old wooden building in farm country, the guy is old and stubborn and will not move or sell the place. It used to be at the center of town a long time ago but the town slowly disappeared and the only thing that remains is a bunch of old barns that the forest is slowly consuming, theirs nothing around for miles, it's the perfect place to rob, obviously lol. The guys a jerk and everything is overpriced, I don't know how or why he stays in business. I drive a lifted jeep wrangler on 35" tires, if I wanted to rob that place I could be gone in those woods 20 miles away by time the police got there.
    Maybe it was you.....somebody call the cops.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

haha

Seriously though if there was something I really wanted at a good price and there was a no loaded sign I would still shop there. The only thing that stops me from going there is an a-hole of an owner, that I refuse to give my business to.

I gun store I go to the most has that sign and he doesn't have it because of CCW holders. It's there because people DO bring loaded firearms in sometimes. I know of one incident where a guy brought in a single action revolver for consignment with a live round in 4 chambers and 2 empty cases in the other 2.

To me, a No loaded gun means no loaded guns, concealed or not. It's just a safety measure. I know here 99% of the gun shops don't mind but there is one close to the house that has a metal detector and he kindly asks if you would check your weapon when you walk in. Which is understandable because anyone here can carry concealed, including irresponsible people. Also this particular shop has been robbed 6 times in the past 2 years. He is way over priced so I don't bother going in there anyway. If it were me I would bring it in an still carry, how would they know if it's concealed?

They staff isn't armed??
    What's funny, is that I never feel safer than I do at a store where the staff is all armed and I'm pretty sure many patrons are too. I almost don't feel the need to even lock my car.

there armed (well he's armed, 1 employee, the owner) but it's never been robbed during hours, never gave the staff a fighting chance.

You don't understand, there is no street lighting, it's way back on a dirt road in the mountains with no houses, businesses etc... around. It's an easy target and it's packed full of stuff people want. the only way you could protect it is if you lived there. The owner is 72 Years old, I don't think he gives a crap anymore.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    The Memphis area gun shops allow loaded guns as long as you have a permit and they stay holstered. All post signs prohibiting handling your loaded weapon in the store.
    Proud NRA member

Most Gun shops here in Nazi Maryland have signs that state only uniformed LEO can carry in the store.

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMyRight2 View Post
    Signs say "no loaded weapons allowed in store"

Now does that include my CC weapon??
    Is your CC Loaded?

Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links