Gunshops with no loaded weapon signs??

This is a discussion on Gunshops with no loaded weapon signs?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have seen them at a number of gun shops in my area. Signs say "no loaded weapons allowed in store" Now does that include ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gunshops with no loaded weapon signs??

Gunshops with no loaded weapon signs??

I have seen them at a number of gun shops in my area. Signs say "no loaded weapons allowed in store"

Now does that include my CC weapon?? I would think not but figured I would ask as it does seem somewhat confusing and I am sure I am not the only person to scratch their head at those signs.

And if that is what it means I certainly would not go to a gun shop that is not ok with CC'ing.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

To me, a No loaded gun means no loaded guns, concealed or not. It's just a safety measure. I know here 99% of the gun shops don't mind but there is one close to the house that has a metal detector and he kindly asks if you would check your weapon when you walk in. Which is understandable because anyone here can carry concealed, including irresponsible people. Also this particular shop has been robbed 6 times in the past 2 years. He is way over priced so I don't bother going in there anyway. If it were me I would bring it in an still carry, how would they know if it's concealed?
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Gander Mountain, here in NY, posts a sign that says "All Firearms Must Be Checked at Counter, except for Valid Permit Holders"

You might want to check with the manager of the store for clarification.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    To me, a No loaded gun means no loaded guns, concealed or not. It's just a safety measure. I know here 99% of the gun shops don't mind but there is one close to the house that has a metal detector and he kindly asks if you would check your weapon when you walk in. Which is understandable because anyone here can carry concealed, including irresponsible people. Also this particular shop has been robbed 6 times in the past 2 years. He is way over priced so I don't bother going in there anyway. If it were me I would bring it in an still carry, how would they know if it's concealed?
    Wow check your firearm?? Sounds like a lot of handling too me. I would feel very very uncomfortable pulling out my firearm in public checking it in and then rearming before I leave. And all under the eye of any misfit in the store or outside looking through the window.

And being a strong 2A supporter I try to avoid anyplace that wants me to disarm. I would hate to add the local gun shops to my black list.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

This thread seems to pop up about every two weeks or so, with the vast majority of posters saying "I'd never patronize a gun shop that doesn't allow legal carry."

Which, in Jacksonville, would eliminate Shooters, Gun Gallery and Bullseye (all posted no loaded firearms). I don't know about the shops on the west side such as Wild West.

The only shop I know that ISN'T posted in Jax is Gander Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMyRight2 View Post
    I have seen them at a number of gun shops in my area. Signs say "no loaded weapons allowed in store"

Now does that include my CC weapon?? I would think not but figured I would ask as it does seem somewhat confusing and I am sure I am not the only person to scratch their head at those signs.

And if that is what it means I certainly would not go to a gun shop that is not ok with CC'ing.
    It's funny in Indy. One of our gun shops right in the middle of the hood has a sign that says "unload, lock up and come in" next to a sign that says something to the effect "Masked gunmen will be shot by every employee in the store, twice"

however, across town in, well... less of a ghetto no sign and I never disarm. No one there does. In the small shop even further out of town no one is ever unarmed in there.

I think here at least the shops go off the crime in the area as an indicator.
    They can't take your right to own a firearm. They can ask with force and you can answer any way you choose.

I like the sign in the window of the shop I frequent: "Those who choose to exercise their Second Amendment right here are more than welcome. The owner does."
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

These days, with the prices so high, if I found a good deal at a no loaded guns store. I'd still shop their.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMyRight2 View Post
    Wow check your firearm?? Sounds like a lot of handling too me. I would feel very very uncomfortable pulling out my firearm in public checking it in and then rearming before I leave. And all under the eye of any misfit in the store or outside looking through the window.

And being a strong 2A supporter I try to avoid anyplace that wants me to disarm. I would hate to add the local gun shops to my black list.
    Your absolutely right, I would never check my firearm especially in a gun shop. That's why I don't go there. The guy is a Jerk anyway, so it's not a loss. Theirs about 30 gun shops in a 20 mile radius of me that compete for business so I really don't care about Bob and his crappy shop, I would never give him my gun and I have told him that. If I REALLY needed to go there I would leave it in the car.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

No Weapon signs just tell me to stay out..period!
    "Brains before Bullets"

VIP Member
    ALL gun shops around here have signs on the doors/windows. They all say the same thing, NO LOADED GUNS IN THE STORE.....does not apply to CFP holders.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    What part of "No loaded weapons" and your concealed (and loaded) weapons is confusing?
    Gun stores have the right to protect themselves from crime also, and I have no problem leaving mine in the car when I enter one. I figure the store owner is prepared to stop a crime as wel as I am. I find this hardly a reason NOT to shop there.

Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    Kinda ironic

I thought a shop about 45 mins from me was the exception. I went to walk in a noticed the sign a while back. I asked the guy at the counter if this meant legally concealed arms as well and he said yes. I was honestly suprised. I politely said thank you appologized for being in his place of business and told him my wallet went with my rights.

I take that to mean if you are bringing in a firearm to the gunsmith or to sell make sure it is unloaded.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links