Man acquitted in Va. Beach of double shooting at cafe

This is a discussion on Man acquitted in Va. Beach of double shooting at cafe within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is why you carry. Innocent night at a club (is there such a thing?) and next thing you know you have shots fired at ...

Thread: Man acquitted in Va. Beach of double shooting at cafe

Man acquitted in Va. Beach of double shooting at cafe

This is why you carry. Innocent night at a club (is there such a thing?) and next thing you know you have shots fired at you.

Man acquitted in Va. Beach of double shooting at cafe | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

2. Remove Ads

One of the key points (IMO) to this story is that even in what appears to be a righteous shoot in which the bad guy shot first, this guy still had to go through the legal system for 10 months. I am also sure he had to spend thousands of dollars on his defense.

let that sink in

let it sink in good

Agreed Treo.

Many people, in general and here at DC.com, do not get this....as being a fact of life, law and punishment.

Very likely and most often rather than not this is the result of a 'good' shooting, for the victim.
    Detained, arrested, jailed, bail set, a criminal case brought forth should any person including the BG die (in some states this is _mandatory_) and eventually if he is able to maintain and not go broke...the GG/victim is found 'not guilty'. After having already served time and been real world penalized and victimized, twice.

Folks should think on this and let it 'sink in...and sink in good'.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Many people, in general and here at DC.com, do not get this....as being a fact of life, law and punishment.
    I didn't really want to come right out W/it but I have noticed that there are a few folks here that appear to be a little quick on the draw. I thought a little dose of reality might help

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I didn't really want to come right out W/it but I have noticed that there are a few folks here that appear to be a little quick on the draw. I thought a little dose of reality might help
    It should. Another thing is that if one kills a gang member he risks having the gang come after him. There is almost no defense if a gang decides to get you as you don't know who, when or where.

Regards,
    Jerry

All things considered it's still better to weather a legal battle for 10 mos than to loose your life and have the rest of your family suffer the implications for the rest of theirs. While I agree with not being too quick on the draw I also understand your draw had better be quick enough.
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. Richard Henry Lee 1788

one of the comments on the story page..

one of the comments on the story page suggest that he took the gun into the bar. From the way I read it he armed himself after eh got in the car, but it doesn't say for sure. He obviously did make an effort to retreat. The only reason he did not leave the scene was because he had friends inside. I understand going to get the car, but perhaps he should have waited for his friend to exit with him, of course it appears the stabbing may have been part of the initial shove that started the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by qdoggydogg View Post
    Innocent night at a club (is there such a thing?) . . .
    Why can't there be an innocent night at a club?

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey av8eer: To answer your question in your last post, remember the word oxymoron--that's why.

Links