RK gunshow officially posted NO CONCEALED CARRY!

This is a discussion on RK gunshow officially posted NO CONCEALED CARRY! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Time to add the RK gunshows (RK Shows Inc.) to the boycott/do not patronize list. Went to the show today in Springfield, Mo. only to ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RK gunshow officially posted NO CONCEALED CARRY!

Time to add the RK gunshows (RK Shows Inc.) to the boycott/do not patronize list.

Went to the show today in Springfield, Mo. only to discover that it was posted NO CONCEALED CARRY. Please do not patronize ANY of their events. The folks checking in firearms are a bigger hazard than CCW holders, not to mention that they simply won't be able to stop an active shooter without massive life loss without responsible folks carrying.

Write, call, email them that we will band together and boycot them until they stop this nonsense.

R.K. Shows, Inc.

PO Box 334

Manchester, IA 52057

Phone: 563-927-8176

Fax: 563-927-8207

e-Mail: kehrli8@n-connect.net

Most places that involve a lot of people handling guns do not want guns & live ammo in the same hands at the same time. It's a sensible policy IMO. YMMV.

I'm no "gun-show purveyor from way back"... but all the gun shows I've been to won't allow 'armed firearms'. I haven't pressed if that statement considers a 'concealed handgun' an armed firearm or not...

I went to one in Austin, walked past a guy on his cell and heard his side of the conversation... "Man, I can't believe they do back ground checks here.."

Yikes!

Besides... I've felt pretty secure at gun shows. Now, out here in Port Arthur, it's the commute that I'm concerned about.

VIP Member
    Given the amount of numb skulls with CCWs, I certainly understand their thinking, not to mention the general stupidity of most of the attendees. Their liability insurance probably goes way down for having that sign. Nope, I can't blame them.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I am annoyed that I can't be trusted at a gun show to safely carry, but I understand this sign posting more than many other businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by diverdown247 View Post
    The folks checking in firearms are a bigger hazard than CCW holders, not to mention that they simply won't be able to stop an active shooter without massive life loss without responsible folks carrying.
    As for the fact that an active shooter would be able to openly slaughter without resistance . . . something tells me a quite a few vendors would very quickly be loaded and prepared to fire within mere seconds.
    Glock 26 w/ CTAC IWB

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far" - Theodore Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    I too am in the boat that thinks loaded firearms (eve ccw) in a place with that much careless gun handling is a poor combination. I don't think it should be illegal, more that the organizers can choose what they wish and enforce it how they see fit.

If you don't like it, don't go. Gun shows are overpriced anyway...
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

VIP Member
    It's been a while since I attended a gun show here in my area so I don't know if the policies have changed. Frankly, most of the stuff I would see at the shows was over priced junk so I don't bother.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    There is a new show upcoming here in TN for the mid-south region that IS going to let HCP/CCW holders carry in, so long as they don't unholster their weapon for ANY reason. Knowing one of the promoters, I'm sure this will be strictly enforced, as it should, but at least we won't have to disarm!

From the website:

"Firearms Policies

* Any firearm brought into the Expo that you intend to sell, trade or have fitted for a holster or other accessories must be brought UNLOADED and must be CHECKED AT THE DOOR to have the action cleared and secured by the Event Staff.

* Handgun Carry Permit Holders, your carry weapons MUST BE KEPT HOLSTERED at all times with no exceptions. If you choose to carry on the Expo premises, you understand that you assume sole liability for any damages or injuries that may occur through the discharge of your weapon, whether accidental or intentional.

* If at any point you decide that you might want to have your carry weapon evaluated for trade, sale or fitted for holsters or other gear, you MUST RETURN TO THE FRONT DESK and have your weapon made safe and the action secured by the Event Staff. You may not do this yourself anywhere on our premises.

* LOADED FIREARMS MAY NOT BE HANDLED at any time on the premises. You will be ejected from the Expo without question, refund or recourse if you are found to be handling a loaded firearm on premises. Keep your carry weapon holstered!!!"

Here's the link to the show if anyone is interested:

Mid-South Guns And Gear Expo - Mid-South Guns And Gear Expo
    "Don't Tread on Me"

I've seen the signs at R.K. gunshows in my area. It never really bothered me, though. And like another poster indicated here, I'm sure there would be multiple vendors loaded up and ready to go in seconds if some nutjob started shooting. I feel pretty safe at gunshows w/o my carry gun on me.

I do boycott some businesses in my area for not allowing concealed carry, but I think it actually makes sense at gun shows.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    In Charleston SC all the gun shows I have been at clearly ban loaded firearms and loose ammunition; if you bring a firearm you must present it to a uniformed officer for the plastic safety tie. Lots of people, lots of guns, lots of ammo---IMO, considering pro and con, safety and a ban trumps CC and I agree with you Rob P. Cannot argue with your concern diverdown247; I would think your opinion does not give you an opportunity to attend as many gun shows as you might want to--but I applaud your adamant posture.

Write, call, email them that we will band together and boycot them until they stop this nonsense.
    Nope, ain't gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent. This is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Stick to that line of thinking and soon you won't be going to ANY gun shows. At the gun shows I've been to in NC and SC, loaded firearms are NOT allowed, and I agree 150%. Yes, you know you passed the criteria to carry a concealed weapon, but the cops at the show don't. Would you rather be stopped at the entrance and have to show your permit before entering? Or be frisked at the same time? Or have a specially colored stamp on your hand? Loaded weapons in the hands of the attendees are an accident waiting to happen. Given some of the imbecilic gun-handling stories I've heard in these gun forums, that accident WOULD HAPPEN, sooner or later. Think about it, a single gunshot and 10-20 CWPers are drawn down and looking for trouble. It'd take the cops three days to sort it out. And where would that gunshot go? We've all been to these shows. They're so crowded that there isn't even anywhere to try out aiming a potential purchase that doesn't sweep someone. That accidental shot IS going to hit someone.

Nope, the show that DOES allow concealed carry is the one I'm NOT going to.

VIP Member
    I agree, I feel more comfortable with the 'no loaded firearms' at the gun shows I've been to, lately. Too many nuts improperly handling firearms to suit me, besides being way over priced...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

that's my number one reason I don't go to gun shows....here's my others:
    I don't wanna buy other ppls crap.
    I don't want hot sauce or jerky.
    I don;t want a $1 butterfly knife for $20.
    I don;t want a natzi bayonette from 1939.
    I don't like crowds of ppl who want a $20 butterfly knfe,natzi crap or jerky.....
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

The gun shows`here have pretty good jerky.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I went to my last gun show in Orlando about 6-7 years ago...no more!
    I support two gun shops that make deals at gun show look silly.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links