Best Belly Band for G26 Carry

This is a discussion on Best Belly Band for G26 Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm finding my G26 feeling just a bit heavy in my SmartCarry (wearing it at about 3:30; appendix carry with SmartCarry not comfortable for me). ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sunday

Thread: Best Belly Band for G26 Carry

I'm finding my G26 feeling just a bit heavy in my SmartCarry (wearing it at about 3:30; appendix carry with SmartCarry not comfortable for me). I wonder if anyone has experience with a really good belly band for the G26? I have a Galco belly band and it's OK with the G26 - not as good as the SmartCarry is for me. The Galco belly band is fantastic for when I carry my S&W 642 jframe though.

I'm really looking to see if there is a belly band for the Glock that would feel like it would hold the weight of it AND make it so the Glock stays as close to my body as possible. I'm a little over 6 feet tall and weigh 160. I have not had success with any of the many IWB holsters I've tried - I need to have deep concealment about half the time - but I do have a couple of Don Hume OWB holsters I use but pretty much only for carry to and from the range.

Thanks for any advice.
    Glock 26, Ruger LCR, Glock 19
    Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema. "I don't care. If it doesn't rhyme, it isn't a poem."

While I don't use very often, here's what works great with my G26. I wear mine higher than in the picture...up toward the area where one would wear a shoulder holster.

Gould & Goodrich Body Guard Belly Band Holster Model T72

See if the TRUSS holster looks like it might work for you:

SpecGear TRUSS Holster Tactical Belly Band Undercover Weapon System for Law Enforcement

I bought one after seeing a fellow forum member's recommendation. It didn't quite work for me, but I can see how it would be great for others. Maybe it will work for you.

I am curious about how low you are wearing the smart carry. I am 5'7" 150lb(for comparison). I carry a 26 in a Smartcarry daily. I started at about 12:30 just below the belt. I found that if I situate it at about 11:45 and a little lower (when I zip my pants the but is almost paralel with my zipper) that it is much more comfortable. I am all for you finding what you want. I just thought I would pass on what I have found.

Thanks for the tip I'll try that and see how it works. I usually wear the SmartCarry so the grip of the G26 is about an inch or so down below the top of my pant's waistband so it's not quite below the bottom of my belt.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I am curious about how low you are wearing the smart carry. I am 5'7" 150lb(for comparison). I carry a 26 in a Smartcarry daily. I started at about 12:30 just below the belt. I found that if I situate it at about 11:45 and a little lower (when I zip my pants the but is almost paralel with my zipper) that it is much more comfortable. I am all for you finding what you want. I just thought I would pass on what I have found.
    Glock 26, Ruger LCR, Glock 19
    Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema. "I don't care. If it doesn't rhyme, it isn't a poem."

I used to carry two Glock 29 10mm with a thunderwear in the late 90s. I don't use thunderwear/smartcarry or (Glocks in general) anymore and there are several reasons. This stems from a fire fight I was in where it took way too long to draw from the thunderwear, i.e. by the time I fired one of the Glock 29s, two incoming rounds had already missed. Secondarily the Glock 29 was not controllable after the first round when I returned fire, presumably due to the adrenaline rush. I now carry a modified hi-cap SA CZ in 9mm +P ammo with a vertical Galco shoulder rig. IMO the shoulder rig is concealable as I need and the CZ is better from a steel to target perspective. I won't go back to either the thunderwear/smartcarry or any Glock.
    Last edited by Sunday; December 7th, 2009 at 12:23 AM. Reason: more info
    njr likes this.

Sponsored Links