I guess I did a good job of CC today

This is a discussion on I guess I did a good job of CC today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A friend of mine from work asked me Friday if I could come over and replace some components in his projection HD TV. He had ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I guess I did a good job of CC today

I guess I did a good job of CC today

A friend of mine from work asked me Friday if I could come over and replace some components in his projection HD TV. He had purchased a kit to repair a common problem with the model TV he owns and since I am an electronics tech where we work, and repair monitors and the like all the time, he asked if I would do it for a small fee. I agreed because I knew it wouldn't be a hard fix.

Now, I open carry a lot, but if I am going to someone's house I will conceal out of respect for them and so as not to alarm anyone who might be there who might be Hoplaphobic. So I concealed the Glock 23 on my right hip with an un-tucked shirt.

My friend knows I carry and has seen me OC several times. He knows I am a staunch 2A supporter and that I am rarely if ever without my sidearm. So, after repairing his TV and testing it as I was gathering my tools and getting ready to head home he commented on the fact that I was not armed and how that surprised him. I lifted my un-tucked shirt to reveal the G23 and he was even more shocked that I had it on the whole time and he was not able to tell.

So, I guess I did pretty well at concealing today.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    That'll do.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Yep, You passed the test...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Gold star for you +1

I wouldn't have shown it. I would have said I didn't think you wanted it in your house. Good job. Nice to find out how good you are.
    Semper Fi

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Good job. Oh and uh, er, could you fix my TV, too??
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    If I'm not mistaken, here in SC, one must notify if going into someone's home. Any here from SC please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Thanks
    SCGunLover1

VIP Member
    Right on Mike!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by scgunlover1 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, here in SC, one must notify if going into someone's home. Any here from SC please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Thanks
    I don't know about that, but I was told by someone from SC that you could get in trouble if your gun was accidentally revealed in public.

BTW, I once had our gunshop owner if I was carrying, I was.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    I wouldn't have shown it. I would have said I didn't think you wanted it in your house. Semper Fi
    +1...I would have said the same thing and not shown it. Without showing it and stating that "I didn't think you wanted it in your house" doesn't confirm or deny whether or not you actually DID bring it with you and leaves him in the dark. Sort of a "don't ask, don't tell" situation since he didn't actually ASK if you had it with you.

My thoughts are that you did a TERRIBLE job of concealing today. You revealed your weapon when you DID NOT HAVE TO. My feelings on this are that you don't bring out the smoke wagon unless it is to be employed for its intended purpose. No one should know if you are carrying or not, even those who know you carry all day, every day, everywhere you go.

Semper Fi,

Keith

VIP Member
    According to Handgunlaw.us you are correct. However since Mike lives in TN it is not a requirement there, so he was well within the law.

South Carolina CCW Law

SECTION 23-31-225. Carrying concealed weapons into residences or dwellings.

No person who holds a permit issued pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23 may carry a concealable weapon into the residence or dwelling place of another person without the express permission of the owner or person in legal control or possession, as appropriate. A person who violates this provision is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than one thousand dollars or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both, at the discretion of the court and have his permit revoked for five years.
    Samwolf

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

The fact that he was looking for it and thought that your were unarmed is a great test, and you get an "A"...nice!
    So you're still using the Glock, eh?...that also gives you some 'extra credit'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

And I am sure you moving around and bending over. Good job.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Remember, he said a "friend" asked him to help, so showing the weapon was not a real threat
    Oh, +1 on fixing my TV also!
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links