Finally got to CC!

Finally got to CC!

This is a discussion on Finally got to CC! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had my MN carry permit for maybe 4-5 months now. But last weekend was the first time going somewhere in MN and being able ...

Thread: Finally got to CC!

Talking Finally got to CC!

I've had my MN carry permit for maybe 4-5 months now. But last weekend was the first time going somewhere in MN and being able to carry! Otherwise I've OCed quite a few times at Wal-Mart and a few other places in Onalska, WI.

Went to MoA Saturday. Carried CC for my first time. Carried the Ruger LCP in pocket holster in my front right pocket. Had to move the phone to my pocket with my keys, but it worked out fine. Pretty much forgot the gun was there, until I put my hands in my pocket and was holding onto it. Love the feeling of being able to actually hold onto my gun, with nobody around me knowing!

My fiance doesn't like me open carrying for the mere fact that people can see it and it draws attention. But she was fine with me carrying concealed this weekend. We drove from Wisconsin so the gun was in a case until we got to the mall. The mall was the first stop, else I would have put it in my pocket sooner. About an hour into the shopping she asked me if I even had it with me. I guess she didn't see me pull it out as soon as we parked and load it!

We stayed in a hotel Saturday night, then Sunday morning drove to Cabela's before coming home. Had the gun in my pocket from the time we left the hotel room until the time we left Cabela's (at which point I unloaded it and put it back into the case because the next stop was home).

Anyways, was a very nice weekend finally getting to carry a concealed weapon. Everything just felt right! So much less stressful than OCing like I have to here in WI. Now to do it again when I take a vacation to Orlando in February!
    Last edited by logan; December 7th, 2009 at 01:56 PM.
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

You will learn more and more to dress around the gun. You will learn that you always print less than you think you do.

You may also learn that the courts may put a lot of emphasis on the INTENT of a "no guns" sign than on the actual wording or placement. A mall can't ban guns? Well, you just try that out one day. A mall is not a "landlord" and you are not "tenant". You might want to talk to your local D.A. and find out the truth before you end up quoting all that law from a holding tank.

Good luck!

VIP Member
    Well done on your first carry.

They get easier.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Sucks to live in WI.
    You'll rock, with a 357 Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Spike32 View Post
    Sucks to live in WI.
    Yup
    Logan - NRA Member

Congrats logan! Now all you have to do is run for Governor and change all that.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Congrats

Great Job on the CC!

Congrats. I agree about the LCP, mine rides in my front pocket at all times. Great little advantage maker if it has to be.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Wisconsin and Illinois are in a different country.

Even California has CCW. Limited but capable. What do we have to do to get Illinois and Wisconsin to join the rest of the U.S.? Why don't we just give King Richard Chicago as his country and separate the rest of us from them? I have no explanation for Wisconsin. Maybe it's a border thing. Look at Indiana. I know a lot of people who work in Chicago and live in Indiana.

Congrats on the CC, but is there no chance of moving?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by logan View Post
    Love the feeling of being able to actually hold onto my gun, with nobody around me knowing!
    hmmmm I would be careful on your wording... LOL just don't fondle it or people might think you are a perv.

oh and back on topic, congrats. you will begin to feel naked with out it the ccw that is,

Quote Originally Posted by Keltyke View Post
    You will learn more and more to dress around the gun. You will learn that you always print less than you think you do.

You may also learn that the courts may put a lot of emphasis on the INTENT of a "no guns" sign than on the actual wording or placement. A mall can't ban guns? Well, you just try that out one day. A mall is not a "landlord" and you are not "tenant". You might want to talk to your local D.A. and find out the truth before you end up quoting all that law from a holding tank.

Good luck!
    Actually, as a MN carry permit instructor, I can speak to this.

MN has one of the best-worded carry laws in the nation. The courts don't have any wiggle room for intent whatsoever, because there is absolutely no penalty for merely carrying in a signed environment.

A mall may not ban guns in MN, actually. Malls are landlords by definition. Individual stores may ban guns, if they like. MOA is a running joke. We just laugh and conceal.

-Mark
    NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, RTBAV, RSO)
    MN Carry Permit Instructor (MADFI)

Hang in there. I recall when the wife ran into the room wondering what I was shouting and dancing about......Kansas had just won the right to CC. I was elated! Still waiting on WI. It will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Congrats on the CC, but is there no chance of moving?
    I had thought about moving to the other side of the Mississippi River to MN...but then my drive to work would be even further. I need to find a job in MN and move there for it...or maybe even Utah!

But the chances of moving are probably pretty slim...I'm young and have no money saved up...living paycheck to paycheck.
    Logan - NRA Member

Links