SC CWP'S Soars

This is a discussion on SC CWP'S Soars within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Click on link. Gun culture: Residents load up on permits - Local / Metro - TheState.com...

Thread: SC CWP'S Soars

2. Remove Ads

Good article and video!

Left Charlotte for rural SC 25 years ago and haven't looked back.

Hats off to Abbeville, SC... 1 in every 36 residents have there CPW
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

VIP Member
    Excellent, thanks for posting.

I don't know about now, but a few years Back Indiana was second only to New York for the amount of citizens per total with a permit. New York though. I dont' find it odd that we're second here, I know the majority of my friends pack daily. But New York still baffles me.

I think it's wonderful that more citizens are getting armed. It can only server more purpose of making a criminals job more difficult.
    They can't take your right to own a firearm. They can ask with force and you can answer any way you choose.

VIP Member
    Is it just me, or is a significant percentage of new members here (including me) from SC as well? It makes sense that there is likely a parallel...

SC!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I've noticed that more and more people I meet here in South Texas either have their CHL or are getting it.I believe I am partly responsible for at least 3 of my friends taking a class this weekend
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I live in FL, SC is looking more like a nice vacation spot every day.
    Go SC!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have family in Charleston and Goose Creek and I enjoy all the southern states.

Nothing better than that southern hospitality..

On a side note; I wish they wouldn't say that it's because they think Obama is gonna put restrictions on the CC permits so much. I personally think America wouldnt allow that typ of movement. IMO, there's a huge rise in the CC holders because allot of americans are seeing how through legislation the BGs were winning the battle, due to the restrictions levied on CC permit holders.

In Georgia they just passed an amendment to the code where it's now legal to CC on public transportation. Good move in my opinion. I would've never rode marta before but now, no big deal. Same thing with the State Parks and some other events that restrict CC. The crooks and dirtbags know these restriction too, so IMO, it's like bringing the cattle to the slaughter house. I'm thinking the dirtbags would be in short supply due to the "is he armed, should I look elsewhere for a victim" questions that might plague these maggots, if the support was directed towards the law abiding citizens of america and less restrictions on americas CC laws. No matter what. The mentality of our law makers (THAT WE PUT IN OFFICE, mind you), "we'll just outlaw guns here and there, and for this and that reason" only works in one direction. The good people are disarmed and the dirtbags are still armed. It's a wonder that we're not all just warm and fuzzy all over with visions of bliss from that sound philosophy.

Okay, rant over...

GBK
    Last edited by gottabkiddin; December 9th, 2009 at 07:43 AM. Reason: My once a month rant.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

1. Marion: 1 permit per 30.5 residents

Double digit unemployment and gangs plague Marion County. I'm glad to the good citizens take measures to protect themselves.

Hmmmm...since I live in Darlington County, number THREE in violent crimes per thousand people and am surrounded by three other counties, all of which are in the top FOUR counties that are violent in SC, I guess I made a good choice to arm myself!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    I went by a cafe' the other day here in SC and on the billboard out front of the cafe' read "Sign Up For CWP Classes Here". That's pretty good when cafe's are offering the class.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Links