Anybody know anything about this outfit?

This is a discussion on Anybody know anything about this outfit? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Had a friend try to get me to sign on with the American Self-Defense Institute. Supposed to be some sort of 24 hour lawyer on ...

Thread: Anybody know anything about this outfit?

Had a friend try to get me to sign on with the American Self-Defense Institute. Supposed to be some sort of 24 hour lawyer on call thing if you have to defend yourself. Anybody know anything about them?

Eric

Administrator

Here Is A Link

Honestly...I don't know anything about American Self~Defense Institute but, here is the link if folks want to visit the site and find out what it's about for themselves.

CLICK HERE TO GO THERE

I'm not sure exactly what specific legal help you get for your $49.00 if ever involved in any self-defensive shooting situation but, I'll give give everybody one tidbit of legal help for free.
    Keep your dadblamed mouth shut.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Sounds like prepaid legal.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

interesting, i'd rather go to a real lawyer and avoid the bargain brand advice though.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

1943 - 2009
    Well, I've read over this site pretty thoroughly and they seem to me to be legitimate. They say a member has 24/7 access to legal advice and a lawyer so I assume they mean someone who has been admitted to the Bar, not just a paralegal. (Yeah, I know what happens when you A**sume)!

I did sign up to receive a sample newsletter, so I'll wait to see what that contains before I make any decisions about whether to join or not.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I think it says access to 24 hour legal advice and access to a "team" that includes a lawyer...

I think you would be better off forming a relationship with a local lawyer who can help you. Many will give you a cell phone number to contact them, so long as you have a good jugment to only use it in a true emergency.

Ironically, I wonder if belonging to such an organization would come up at trial... Do you look prepared or do you look like you were planning to shoot someone?
    DDGator (Duane)
    www.RealWorldCarryGear.com

1943 - 2009
    I think it says access to 24 hour legal advice and access to a "team" that includes a lawyer...
    Yes, that's exactly what the site says. The point I was making is that the site says that a lawyer, as opposed to a paralegal or 3rd year law student, was available for advice.

I think you would be better off forming a relationship with a local lawyer who can help you.
    I agree completely. If I needed a mouthpiece, I'd rather deal with one that is local instead of three time zones away.

Ironically, I wonder if belonging to such an organization would come up at trial... Do you look prepared or do you look like you were planning to shoot someone?
    That's a good point. A gung-ho prosecutor could very well try this tactic.

Like I said previously, the ASDI appears legitimate. but I'll withhold judgement (and my money) for now.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Sponsored Links