Wondered if this would work

This is a discussion on Wondered if this would work within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; THIS is according to an NYC born and raised there for a while person, namely me... WHY WOULD YOU MOVE TO THAT SEWER(because the word ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wondered if this would work

THIS is according to an NYC born and raised there for a while person, namely me... WHY WOULD YOU MOVE TO THAT SEWER(because the word I would use should never be mentioned on a family forum) HOLE? Live in PA and commute on the days your client needs protection OR get client to sign for 24/7 protection and live with them to cover your want to carry while not with client. Only 2 options, IMHO and as for the 24/7 thing,dont know if that works for you or not. Just a thought.
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

2. Remove Ads

I would study a different form of martial arts.

While I’ll agree some forms are better than others, none of them are worth moving to NYC.

Don’t get me wrong, I love NYC for its shows, shopping, and food, but I could not imagine going there unarmed.

And I figure that just because you apply for a security job, you still won’t see a gun permit for at least six months.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom357 View Post
    According to the Aikido Yoshinkan Foundation (formerly the International Yoshinkan Aikido Foundation founded by Gozo Shioda), there are 32 registered dojos around the US. Some of these are in gun-friendly states. All of these were founded following Gozo and/or Yasuhisa Shioda. If all you are looking for is Yoshinkan Aikido, there are many other dojos to check out, that don't require you moving to one of the most gun-unfriendly cities in the country.
    Yeah I was going down that list and a lot of them are out of business too. I don't know why AYF hasn't taken them off.

Also, I was considering NYC because my mom has friends there who are gonna help me find a job and an apartment and she wasn't comfortable with me going to an unfamiliar area without knowing someone. She can be a bit overprotective, but I love her anyway

I've been unarmed for 21 years, I hope 22 won't kill me *knock on wood*
    Last edited by BRTCP88; December 10th, 2009 at 01:19 PM.
    Ron Paul 2012

There are three kinds of Yankees: Yankees, Damn Yankees, and Floridians

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    As a former bodyguard, (CPS),
    And a former resident of NY State, I gotta tell you, there is no such thing as a "bodyguard license". If you work for an armed security company you MAY be able to get a permit, but no guarantee, and you won't have any ability to carry of duty. To the state you are just another non LEO.
    Most bodyguards obtain multi state CCWS, and/or go through attorneys and politicians to attempt to get permits where they are working. Without mony or connections, it's tough.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Only other way is to carry large sums cash or jewerly or prescrition drugs. or other high dollar items. IMHO Stay in Texas.
    Geez, I guess in NYC, and too many other places too, they think money, jewelry, perscription drugs are more valuable than a human life!! Where is the logic in that??? Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by BRTCP88 View Post
    Also, I was considering NYC because my mom ... wasn't comfortable with me going to an unfamiliar area without knowing someone. She can be a bit overprotective, but I love her anyway
    She's overprotective, yet wants you to go to one of the most dangerous cities in the country, where you can't protect yourself ?

I think it's time to find a new mom .

New York City? A self-absorbed, arrogant, leftist, radical gun-grabber like Bloomberg has re-purchased the mayors office and you are considering that Marxist dictatorship as a HOME??!! You HAVE NO rights in NY! Just start from there when asking questions about your rights. Or rather, you have the right to do what that leftist thug TELLS you to do...for your own good, of course. Move to a small town in the bible belt where actual Americans still have a few rights.

I don't plan on staying there permanently. You have to have a first degree black belt to become a teacher and that's what I wanting to do. It takes five years to do it, so it's about the same as going to college and I wouldn't be able to carry at University of Florida either.

I've lived in small southern towns my whole life and I love 'em, but the big city is fun too.
    Ron Paul 2012

Quote Originally Posted by coriantan View Post
    I'm not sure permits can be had in NYC. Super Anti gun city.
    I just read the other day that NYC alone has issued approximately 40,000 CCL's.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I would never go to New York without a Glock... pointed at my head, that is...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Hey guys, thought you'd be relieved to know that I'm not going to NYC. The place that I was supposed to work asked to conduct an interview via skype, but never set a time. So now I'm looking at doing a live-in internship at the Democratic school in Santa Fe NM, there's a dojo there which teaches Doshinkan Aikido which is derived from Yoshinkan but I think adapted more for modern street self-defense scenarios.

So I saw that you can only carry one gun in NM, does that mean at a time, or you're restricted to only the one that you took the course with? Like if I have a glock 19 and a 26, can I carry the 19 somedays and the 26 somedays, or do I have to always carry the 19? What if it was a Glock 19 and a S&W 642? Do I have to stay in the same caliber?
    Ron Paul 2012

thats like moving from polar oposites of the spectrum. Good luck with that

Quote Originally Posted by kellyII View Post
    thats like moving from polar oposites of the spectrum. Good luck with that
    Well, actually, I live in FL. I was considering NYC because it had a Yoshinkan Dojo and I wanted to see what living in a big city was like after spending all my life in the rural South, LOL. Then when NYC fell through I looked again and found out about Doshinkan and the dojo in Santa Fe.
    Ron Paul 2012

I went to the state website and they said you cannot carry a higher caliber than what you took the course with, but you can carry a lower one. But they also had a sample license and it had a pistol and revolver listed on it. Can you qualify with one of each? Can you re-qualify with a larger caliber if you want to change later on?
    Last edited by BRTCP88; December 27th, 2009 at 10:00 PM. Reason: corrected the wording
    Ron Paul 2012

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links