Car Gun... - Page 2

Car Gun...

This is a discussion on Car Gun... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 10thmtn Been discussed before... If you get caught by surprise while you are in your vehicle...well, you aren't going to outdraw an ...

View Poll Results: One or Two Guns while in your car?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • One gun only. I can draw while seated.

80 50.31%
  • One gun only. It's unholstered and nearby while driving.

24 15.09%
  • Second gun in the glovebox or middle console.

36 22.64%
  • Second gun in a homemade holder/holster.

9 5.66%
  • Why only 1 or 2 guns? I have five in my car !!

10 6.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Gun...

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Been discussed before...

If you get caught by surprise while you are in your vehicle...well, you aren't going to outdraw an already drawn gun. Best bet may be to feign compliance, get out, and then do what you need to do depending on the situation.

My $0.012's worth ($0.02 minus taxes)
    If in this situation, feign compliance, and then fake a heart attack. Clutch the chest, breath loudly; peeing in your pants or barfing is a nice touch. This way, you can "double up" and get your CCW out before the BG figures out whats happening.

I am a LEO in a rural area, 30% of the on my own time, one handgun with spare mag. The rest of the time with my "Go Bag", it has a small nine, two spare mags for it and a spare mag for the one on my belt. That gives me 50 to 75 rounds with two handguns. Also always a long gun in the car or truck, 8 round 12 ga or a AR with minium 2- twenty round spar mags.

I keep a holstered revolver hidden inside my driver's side door pouch, because, with every other door around Dayton, Ohio, having those gun-ban signs on them, you may as well keep your gun inside your car, unless you know where you are going and where and when you can take a gun in, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    My thoughts - I do not want to leave my guns anywhere where they are not secure. A vehicle is not secure - even with a lock box - since the whole vehicle can be stolen in seconds.
    - Same here. I did buy a COM safe for my car, but I only plan on using it when I have to go into a location that will not allow me to carry on premises (Post Office, School, etc.).

If I'm going to be in the car for a substantial portion of that day, I carry in crossdraw. If not, I carry at 0300 and loosen the seat belt.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

I keep one in every car. I specifically bought dups for that purpose. Now if I could only get the wife to pack a little heat!!!

KCGator
    Glock 23, 26, 27, 30, & 36
    Kahr PM9, PM40, & PM45
    Springfield Armory XD9SC & XD40SC
    Taurus 85GRY2UL
    Beretta PX4 Storm SC 9mm
    Keltec P3AT & NAA 22LLR

always carry crossdrawer,so when driving no problem at all!

The Glock Is always with me posted or not. I usually place my weapon in the center console while driving the pick up and that is where it stays until I get home and then back into the holster. I'm not too worried about car security I never ever leave it alone in the vehicle...
    Better to have and not need then to need and not have!!!!
    EDC G22+Clips=SECURITY

As I posted in the BOB thread in this forum, I feel that having a long arm someplace near me is a good thing. For this reason I like to keep a shotgun in my trunk. Currently its a double barrel 16 gauge with buck shot right next to it.

At some point I plan on getting one of the maverick 88s and a folding stock so I have one that I dont care about back there thats smaller, and has a bit more firepower than my side by side.

I've also had an SKS back there before when I was going to be out in the boonies for a long time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links