Federal Concealed Carry - Page 2

Federal Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on Federal Concealed Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am opposed to a Fed CCW license. If they can tell the states they have to recognize it, they can tell the states that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I am opposed to a Fed CCW license. If they can tell the states they have to recognize it, they can tell the states that they cannot recognize others.

As to the danger on a military post does anyone know of an armed attack, except maybe a family member, on a military base in the last 50 years? Boy that is spooky. One attack in history, and I'm afraid to go unarmed.

Regards,
    Jerry

Armed attack on a military base? Ft Hood a couple of weeks ago... the sniper attack at Ft Bragg in 1995 (1 dead, 20 wounded)... 3 wounded at a Navy reserve base in Texas according to cnn Dec 1 1995... Ft Lewis Wash 2 dead July 2009...

Senior Moderator
    As to the danger on a military post does anyone know of an armed attack, except maybe a family member, on a military base in the last 50 years? Boy that is spooky. One attack in history, and I'm afraid to go unarmed.
    Are you serious?
    There are many examples.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Are you serious?
    There are many examples.
    Scorpion has given several examples, but that is not "many" considering the number of bases. If there are in fact many then can you provide the information that leads you to that conclusion?

I do appreciate the information.
    Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    Scorpion has given several examples, but that is not "many" considering the number of bases. If there are in fact many then can you provide the information that leads you to that conclusion?

I do appreciate the information.
    Regards,
    Jerry
    If concealed carry was based directly on the immediate likelihood of being a victim of violent crime, I suspect most of us wouldn't carry at all. We don't carry because we expect to be attacked at all times, we carry in case of that unlikely scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by speedfeed View Post
    Oh well, I guess I'll have to trust security forces to protect me, I'm the type that would carry unauthorized if I were in a job outside the military, but here they frown on that type of thing a bit too much.
    Definately, if caught UCMJ would hit hard to make an example of you. It would ceratinly get a spin " The next Hassan (dont use MAJ. in front of that POS name) tragedy MASCAL averted. Good thing is whoever caught you would get an award and a friggin post CG coin.
    Led By Love Of Country

Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post
    If concealed carry was based directly on the immediate likelihood of being a victim of violent crime, I suspect most of us wouldn't carry at all. We don't carry because we expect to be attacked at all times, we carry in case of that unlikely scenario.
    That is correct. However, there are degrees of danger or liklihood of being attacked. I am of the opinion that military bases are the safest places in the country that many of us frequent.

I live 50 miles from the closest base, and a VA hospital. When I go I hate to leave my gun at home due to the travel distance, but I do.
    I have zero concern as to the danger when I get to the VA or post.

I lived on military bases almost 22 years, and was not concerned with robbery. I also do not remember any robberies, muggings, or shootings during that time.

Regards,
    Jerry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links