Deep Conceal "AirMarshal" holster set-up

This is a discussion on Deep Conceal "AirMarshal" holster set-up within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just purchased a "air marshal" holster for medium and large auto's from deepconceal.com. I have been looking for a comfortable holster rig that is similar ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep Conceal "AirMarshal" holster set-up

Deep Conceal "AirMarshal" holster set-up

Just purchased a "air marshal" holster for medium and large auto's from deepconceal.com. I have been looking for a comfortable holster rig that is similar to a shoulder holster with much less bulk. I think this will fit the need.
    Just curious if anyone else out there has used this holster or have heard about the company.

Once I get it and try it out, I will do a personal review of the holster for all on the forum.

This is thier web site: Deep Conceal, The Best Little Holster you will Never See

Thanks and Stay Safe!

http://deepconceal.com/
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It looks pretty nice for my 438 when the temps aren't too high. Thanks for the link.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    It looks pretty nice for my 438 when the temps aren't too high. Thanks for the link.
    your welcome,

I thought it looked like a nice set-up.... If the air marshal's are wearing them, they must be pretty comfortable.

cmb
    ARe the Air Marshal's wearing them or is it designed for those types of needs... I was under the impression an air marshal would carry OWB under a suit coat or IWB Tucked.

Anyway it looks like the kangaroo carry, I have thought about this mainly for the comfort factor (belly bands just don't work for me). Not sure about speed to draw. I am happy with IWB tuckable so I'll wait before adding anymore holsters to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by cmb View Post
    ARe the Air Marshal's wearing them or is it designed for those types of needs... I was under the impression an air marshal would carry OWB under a suit coat or IWB Tucked.

Anyway it looks like the kangaroo carry, I have thought about this mainly for the comfort factor (belly bands just don't work for me). Not sure about speed to draw. I am happy with IWB tuckable so I'll wait before adding anymore holsters to my collection.
    From what I could find out they say that some marshal's and /or pilots prefer this holster due to it's concealment features and ease of drawing from the sitting position.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWFD View Post
    From what I could find out they say that some marshal's and /or pilots prefer this holster due to it's concealment features and ease of drawing from the sitting position.
    Nice product, but it doesn't appear easy to draw from no matter what position I could imagine being in. I would have to half way undress to get to that and need at least five seconds with the hijacker's heads turned to put it into play. I'd stick with an IWB tuckable. Maybe a straight drop on the weak side cross draw for being seated. SmartCarry would be another option. My 2˘

VIP Member
    More to say... My only reservation is that I seldom wear an undershirt and the usual elastic/Velcro tends to irritate the skin and wears out quickly. Seriously, I believe a quality bra manufacture could come up with something far more comfortable and durable. This would bring a whole new meaning to Victoria’s or (Victor’s) Secret.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

It looks like the firearm would poke into the rib cage. Looks like it would wear very quickly, but at that price if it turns out to be comfortable it would be cheap to replace. It is probably difficult to holster the firearm.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    My buddies who are air marshall's are using the Galco Sky Marshall because it sits very low but is quickly accessable (not as fast though as an IWB that sits a bit higher) Yet, this new holster looks to be another good tool in the box of deep concealment. I will get one and probably use it for a small handgun.

VIP Member
    That’s a pretty nice rig ‘Galco Sky Marshall’. I looked at a vendor site to see if was provisioned for j-frame but I couldn’t tell. The next time I have a spare hour, I’ll try and access the Galco web site which I believe is the dead-last slowest site on the internet. YMNotV
    ~ Stephen King

Holstering a sidearm is NEVER a speed contest. I could care less if it took a bit more concentration and two hands to holster, so long as the draw is fast, smooth, and snag free.

Looks good for office dwelling desk jockeys, extended road trips, or anytime you are not real active.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I'd be concerned about sweat damaging the carry weapon over a period of time. I service my handguns often, but the salts from the body would wreak havoc in no time.
    Ritalin - So much easier than parenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    That’s a pretty nice rig ‘Galco Sky Marshall’. I looked at a vendor site to see if was provisioned for j-frame but I couldn’t tell. The next time I have a spare hour, I’ll try and access the Galco web site which I believe is the dead-last slowest site on the internet. YMNotV
    I have a J-frame (model 60) and tried a Galco IWB (not the sky Marshall). I hated it, felt like I was trying to put a walnut inside my waist band. I just went with a OWB Galco.

VIP Member
    Yes, Galco leather is cut pretty thick and I'm not as keen on IWB as I use to be. This particular version appears to be quite slim. Overall, I like pocket or shoulder styles and at least one good OWB. Unfortunately, the whole process usually means a lot of trial & error and subsequent returns. Recently, I was quite bored so I ordered a couple of custom rigs (seemed like a good idea at the time) so, I'm the hanger for those with my toes crossed.
    ~ Stephen King

I understand the whole trail & error, that's why most of us have a holster drawer full of sometimes used holsters. For IWB I love the MTAC (semi-auto only). The 1911 single stack seems the best for IWB, although my P229 works very well in the MTAC. I just can't arm-up to the revolvers for an EDC. Less fire power and harder to carry enough re-loads. I'd like to try the whole shoulder rig thing but I hate to put out the $$$ to find out I hate it. I also can't practice at the range except when I'm the only one around with a horizional shoulder rig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links