Defensive Carry banner

Was exposed today

2K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  logan 
#1 ·
So I've been doing pretty well with my concealment but today was quasi-unavoidable due to the circumstance.

I was at the fat store trying on jackets and I found one that looked good. I noticed the pull tag on the zipper was missing so I figured I might get a good discount. I tried it on and it felt good. I decided to slide the zipper up to make sure it wasn't too tight, and it was perfect. I went to slide the zipper down and it was stuck solid. Upon examining it, the zipped had a spring pin that locked it in place and apparently the missing pull tag would unlock it.

The two ladies working were regulars and I've been shopping there for years so we all had a good rapport with each other. I asked one for assistance and after chuckling a bit we tried to get the zipper down but no go. She told me, "Sorry hon, looks likes its going to have to go up and over." Since I was the only customer in the store, I gave it a try there but there was no easy way to do it myself so she assisted me and as the jacket is starting to clear my armpits I feel my shirt go with it and I hear, "Look out now, big daddy is packin'" And of course, all I can do is blush and take the comments while she giggled and I wrestled out of the coat.

I thought about mentioning it to her before hand since I figured I would probably get exposed but from our previous conversations, I figured it would be okay. Plus, I knew the other one carried a snub-nose in her purse from a conversation about crime in the area we had last month. I hadn't told her I carried though.

Worst part was, no discount. They have to put it in the back room and wait for the next DM visit and she does the markdowns. Lame.

See less See more
#4 ·
Great story and it could not have gone any better. Did you ask for her number? (provided neither of you are married)
~Steve

#5 ·
Yep, I can easily see that happening more often than maybe we know. However, I suspect some of those cases are not like… ‘the gangs’ all here’ so whereby you need to announce… ‘By the way, I'm a licensed gun holder so don’t freak-out, Ok?’

#8 ·
That is funny... only because it didn't happen to me! :rofl:

#12 ·
I can remember way back, yeah I'm that old, when in a Robert Hall (men's clothing/suits) store where I was trying on sport coats and noticed that my strong side was severely printing. The salesman came up, he hadn't seen the Colt Trooper otw I was carrying, and asked if I needed alterations. I said yes, but first let me show you my ID, (professional leather double id folder), which had my investigators ID plus my CCW in it. He paled abit but after seeing my handcuffs everything went well.
My wife was laughing at me..she said I TOLD you to wear your snub Colt Agent!

#13 ·
Ouch - hate to admit it, but I remember Robert Hall too.:embarassed:

And I SURE never had a woman say "big daddy's packin' " to ME. All I ever got was "please tell me that's just the tip of the iceberg...."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.