when is it inconvenient to carry

This is a discussion on when is it inconvenient to carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; CC at a nudist camp. Read option three: Concealed carry at nudist camp - THR...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: when is it inconvenient to carry

Question Look at this

CC at a nudist camp. Read option three: Concealed carry at nudist camp - THR

2. Remove Ads

Restaurants that serve alcohol in Va. It's a little hard to do the Va. tuck when I'm pocket carrying.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

they changed the way they search jails cuz that has happened hate to post something i cant remember but i THINK someone hid a small gun under fat rolls for 3 days in jail around here

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    "when is it inconvenient to carry"

For me, I'd say pretty much all the time. IMO, life is full of inconveniences and self defense is one of um that's worth dealing with 24/7. FWIW

GBK
    That would be my viewpoint as well, it's almost always an inconvenience. However, it's supposed to be comforting, not comfortable.

After I've been carrying so long though, I've just learned to deal with it. The alternative might be a whole lot more uncomfortable.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

In a capsized boat in 10 feet of water.
    The People Think the Constitution Protects Their Rights;
    Government See IT as an Obstacle to be Over-come.

Inconvenient around Dayton, Ohio, because of every other door having those gun-ban signs; and too many sensitive Doprah watchers who will scream and pee and run if they see a gun, possibly for good reason around here, I fear. Still, we can carry them, concealed, inside our parks and along the bikeways, which I did as soon as I got my license to do so.

A Smartcarry holster, or a small pocket gun, will allow you to carry just about anywhere without scaring the sheep.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

It's pretty inconvenient to carry at a gym. I don't trust any gym locker as a secure location for my firearm, so I have to leave it locked in the car.

If I could just figure out how to carry while I'm working out....
    Proud NRA & MCRGO Member

"The handgun would not be my choice of weapon if I knew I was going to a fight....I'd choose a rifle, a shotgun, an RPG or an atomic bomb instead."

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    I don't usually get hung up on the occasions that I cannot carry. I like movies, but can't carry in most theaters. I go to church, but can't carry there. I occasionally take a class at the community college, but it is not legal to carry there. I can't carry a gun at work.
    This is annoying but it is not the end of the world. A handgun is a tool to be used by the hand that is controlled by the mind. The mind is the weapon. Alertness and the willingness to prevail is the real "weapon" we should all carry with us no matter what other "tools" we have on us.
    A wise man once told me that just because I did not have a gun with me, did not mean I was unarmed.
    Good luck.
    This is a good point. I have been working on a higher sense of awareness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltyke View Post
    ……………….. At the pool, simply use a little pocket-type holster and stick it in your "stuff" bag………………..
    I would never leave a gun in our towel bag since we go to a huge pool and we’re often away form out stuff and out of site for 50 minutes at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    "when is it inconvenient to carry"

For me, I'd say pretty much all the time. IMO, life is full of inconveniences and self defense is one of um that's worth dealing with 24/7. FWIW
    GBK
    That’s my goal, to deal with the inconveniences. I don’t find it inconvenient to carry most of the time. But like I mentioned when I jog I do see that I will have to come up with a plan, fanny-pak or something. I think there is no solution for the pool. Other than this I’m really not aware of any other time that I will have to forego carrying. I still have about another week before I get my permit so I was trying to plan ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    ………………………. On another thread I mentioned the MountainSmith Vibe II fanny pack. I came home yesterday after another 16 miler wearing the pack while carrying my G36. In my opinion...one of the best deals around at about $24. Plus you have room for a cell phone, your CCW permit and a little cash.
    On longer trail runs I usually wear a hydration backpack that has waist and chest straps to secure the load and keep it from bouncing around. There are several good brands out there, but my favorites are the packs made by Camelback. These come in different sizes and configurations you'll have to choose form to fit your particular circumstances. Even though weapon access in a backpack is not fast, you at least have it available. I find that with a little practice I can pop off the pack and be ready to rock 'n roll in less than 5 seconds………………
    I'll check those out, thanks for the tip :)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLSquirrelHunter View Post
    Canoeing when it's hot is inconvenient for carry. Snubby 357 was an irritating shape (especially portaging around fallen trees). PM9 recoil spring rusted. P3AT is flat and light, doesn't appear affected by water (when cleaned after the trips) but it's mighty small compared to the size of the gators. Small (concealed) gun in pocket plus (exposed) divers knife on leg makes a good combination ... and the knife is handy for fishing, too.
    I was wondering about these situations myself. I figured I would just get a really heavy duty Ziploc bag. For PDAs you can buy a special water proof pouch. I bet it would work for small pistols also.
    Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    it's always incovenient to carry. in a perfect world, there would be no need to worry about carrying a firearm, train with it, buy holsters for it, buy ammo for it, or apply for all the proper paperwork. i wish it wasn't necessary, but since my safety is my responsibility alone, i put up with it.
    it's never inconvenient to carry. unless i'm going somewhere where carrying is prohibited by law, i'm armed. the places that are prohibited in PA are few and far between, and i rarely have need to go to them, aside from public schools. courthouses, national parks, military bases, and post offices are the only places where guns are illegal to carry. as far as courthouses are concerned, you may still bring your gun, you just need to check them in with the deputies or security while you're in the building.
    I was just curious what situations members had run into where it was really inconvenient to carry. There aren’t many situations that I could imagine but I was trying to plan ahead so that I could find solutions for situations that might come up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    ………………. it's almost always an inconvenience. However, it's supposed to be comforting, not comfortable……………….
    I suppose I’m not talk about “uncomfort”. More so- the situations where carrying would actually prevent you from partaking in the purpose for even being in the situation. Situations where it is legal to carry but where carrying is near impossible without planning ahead such as…… going to the dentists when you know you are going to get a general anesthetic or going bungee jumping or to a swinger party where you might be getting n@ked with strangers……… I don’t know I’m shooting in the dark here. I haven actually gotten my carry license yet so I wasn’t sure what situations I might get into that would need to be planned ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta8045 View Post
    It's pretty inconvenient to carry at a gym. I don't trust any gym locker as a secure location for my firearm, so I have to leave it locked in the car.

If I could just figure out how to carry while I'm working out....
    I would never leave my pistol in a gym locker either. I think its a good idea to try and figure out a way to carry in the gym. I dont mind buying a fanny pack for the morning jog because its just me and the rising sun but in the gym............... I cant do a fanny pack......

Ill have to figure something out. Don't get me wrong. If it comes down to carry or not carry then I'll be loving the fanny pack but if there is a better solution then I'll leave the fanny pack for the Richard Simmons workout bunch!

FYI, it is now legal to carry in our national parks thanks to Obama.

My problem is the summer time to hot. I like to go with out a shirt. Also it's kind of conspicuous to ware a jacket in 130 degree weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
    CC at a nudist camp. Read option three: Concealed carry at nudist camp - THR

There are ways to carry at a nudist camp, but not with a Glock...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Truckinfavis View Post
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,My problem is the summer time to hot. I like to go with out a shirt. ........................
    You go on about your leisure activities and running your daily errands without a shirt on?
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Truckinfavis View Post
    Also it's kind of conspicuous to ware a jacket in 130 degree weather.
    jk about the shirt comment but it looks like you'll be needing the fanny pack too.

Lots of people here on the forum, Carry in Church,, Lots of Church shootings in the news lately.. Some of them even have security teams,, and patrol the parking lots, And if its not a legal sign, You can CC in most malls and theaters.. Yes your mind is the weapon, But if the BG's shooting at me, I would like the tool to shoot back!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links