Rendering aid

This is a discussion on Rendering aid within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by FLSquirrelHunter +100 This is a human, not a squirrel. I don't want to kill, I want to stop from being killed. Nothing ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rendering aid

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by FLSquirrelHunter View Post
    +100

This is a human, not a squirrel. I don't want to kill, I want to stop from being killed. Nothing more.
    When threatened with death or great bodily harm you are justified in the use of lethal force to prevent just such injury.

While the intent is to stop the antagonist from inflicting such damage the fastest way to do that is with multiple hits to the Vital organs or Central nervous system.

Which when done properly will accomplish both stopping him/her and giving him/her a dirt nap.

My life and the lives of my loved ones, hell even the life of squirrel is worth far more than that of a dirt bag trying to inflict/threaton someone with lethal injury.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

2. Remove Ads

This is a human, not a squirrel.
    But most squirrels don't attack you with bad intent. I have much more respect for a squirrel tugging on nuts in my yard than armed scum who rob me. All life has the same intrinsic value. Nothing makes a human have more 'power of life' than an ant. Just like a 2010 Ferrari and a 1993 Honda, both have the same 12 volt battery to start them up.

If I am ever shot/critically injured and laying there...and you are not a paramedic or a doctor...don't move me - don't try to save me - don't grab my head and ask me if I'm OK....Just call 911 for me and tell them to hurry up!
    So, if I'm an CLS/TLS trained RMA do you want me to watch you die?

I would call 911 I wouldn't touch him. He might live and try to sue me or charges might be brought upon me and and they might say I was trying to change the crime seen. Good idea about taking pictures might help out if someone takes the weapon or moves it.
    Uly
    Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.

-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    So, if I'm an CLS/TLS trained RMA do you want me to watch you die?
    No, I want you to watch me not bother to answer your smart ass question.

I would call 911. the victim (BG)should have neveer put me in that position

no.....

i would also hope that my shooting skills and ontarget round count would save the taxpays some cash....

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by zlzgrom86 View Post
    But most squirrels don't attack you with bad intent.
    Dang Florida Squirrels ..............

"There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

Also....do me a huge favor.
    If I am ever shot/critically injured and laying there...and you are not a paramedic or a doctor...don't move me - don't try to save me - don't grab my head and ask me if I'm OK....Just call 911 for me and tell them to hurry up!
    Even though your intentions may be good....leave me alone. The road to Hell is paved with your good intentions.
    I don't want any unqualified bystander killing me with their good intentions before the Medics arrive. God bless the Paramedics.

Why thank you very much! I have been a paramedic for 18 years, and worked in Bedford/Stuyvesant and East New York during the drug war years of the 1990's. What you have just written is sage level advice. If you don't know what you are doing, the chance you will do more harm than good is incredible!

The hardest thing for me to do was to render aid to my father during a suspected heart attack, I had an enormous adrenaline dump simply because I was terribly worried about him. We were at home, and I was the only paramedic between him and the hospital. All worked out in the end, but it was truly the most difficult thing i have ever done. Why do I bring this up? If I, a trained and experienced individual, found it difficult to render aid under those circumstances, I would find it hard that anyone who just had to defend themselves to the level of discharging their sidearm, would be useful other than to secure the scene, and to make sure there are no other BGs looking for retribution.

JMHO, YMMV!

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    There is no legal requirement to render aid.

There may be legal liability if you screw something up. Most good samaritan laws only protect health care professionals. Once you start aid, you cannot stop until the person is turned over to someone more qualified or dead.

In a word NO!

If it is a friend/coworker/family member, or other non-violent accident, I will assist as my skill set allows.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Macklin View Post
    DO NOT leave the scene, but secure yourself at the scene. Leaving the scene id fleeing, flight equals guilt.

Don't "hover" over the body. But don't go far, just get cover by the nearest mail box, parked car, street light post, but stay there.
    VERY true. You flee, and you're the guilty party and will have a tough time in court proving different. Stand where you are. If you do not feel the threat is ended, even if he's on the ground, keep him at gunpoint. If he makes another threatening move - you know what to do. If he is no longer a threat, SAFETY/HOLSTER YOUR WEAPON and calmly wait on LEOs. Be sure Dispatch has your full description as the victim, and the responding officers know you are armed. Try to prevent anyone from disturbing the scene/evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    There is no legal requirement to render aid.

There may be legal liability if you screw something up. Most good samaritan laws only protect health care professionals. Once you start aid, you cannot stop until the person is turned over to someone more qualified or dead.

In a word NO!

If it is a friend/coworker/family member, or other non-violent accident, I will assist as my skill set allows.
    If I shot someone, I'm not touching them. Seriously, if he just tried to kill me, I am doing nothing but waiting for LEO's to show up. You wouldn't coddle a rabid dog before death if you had to shoot it. After all, it still might bite.

If anything I could see it being used against you. "See? He knew he was in the wrong so he tried to help the man he shot"

I am armchairing here; I've never had to shoot someone, and I hope I never do. But if someone is trying to take my life I see no reason to help or do ANYTHING but wait for the LEO's to show up after I shoot in fear for my life.
    $cris@caferacer>wakeup.sh
    sudo apt-get install caffeine
    Password:
    Unpacking...
    Caffeine installed correctly
    $cris@caferacer>startday.sh

Interesting question. I'm ashamed to say that I have not considered this in any defensive shooting scenario I've imagined taking place.

As a medically trained firefighter/EMT, I believe it is my duty to provide whatever aid I may be capable of once the threat is neutralized. Hmmmm. May be pretty tough to do.
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

Not unless the offender was completely subdued. I don't care how big the hole is in his chest, if he can move his arms he can still be considered a threat.
    And since I don't carry handcuffs, he's going to have to wait until a person who does arrives on the scene.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    No, I want you to watch me not bother to answer your smart ass question.
    +1!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links