A liberal news guy gets it!

This is a discussion on A liberal news guy gets it! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by swiftyjuan Now, I don't agree with much of what the NRA advocates. For example, I can't think of a single reason anyone ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A liberal news guy gets it!

Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan View Post
    Now, I don't agree with much of what the NRA advocates. For example, I can't think of a single reason anyone -- other than law enforcement -- needs an assault rifle.
    The NRA is the one that "get's it." They're fighting for 2A and like us, are sick of all the anti's trying to be our mommies. What's it to them, what single reason THEY can think of for anyone to have an "assault" rifle. By the way, the word assault just scares people but like someone's sig on this forum says, "Assault is a behavior, not a device." Hell, I have a Ruger #1, 375 H &H mag. that could assault someone, but not all by itself. We're responsible people, we don't need mommies. I don't know why in the world anyone would want a VW Bug either because I wouldn'thave one. But I sure wouldn't try to stop anyone from getting one. It's NONE of my business. And, I'm sure people have been killed in and by them too. You know, the dreaded "Assault Beetles."
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

2. Remove Ads

Wow, you know that things have finally got bad, when the libs can't move and stay and work and play away from the diversity that they advocate and love so much, being so in touch. Maybe, they will also want to control our borders and have illegal aliens obey police orders.

To some, he gets it, to others, he doesn't. But I think its pretty safe to say that in either case its a positive step.

Alex!

VIP Member
    I was in Fresno once...spent a month there one nite.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    He doesn't "get it" at all.
    Like most Liberals that are self centered, he only agrees with something that he all of a sudden decides that it to his benefit to be armed, because he scared. For him its an embarrasing matter of convience.

He is still an anti gun idiot. He is dangerous. We have some here on this board like him. He simply isn't smart enough to grasp the big picture because his thought processes have been contaminated with liberal propaganda for too long.[/QUOTE]

He does, a little. What he "gets" is that gun control doesn't reduce crime, and in fact makes it easier for the criminals. It just MIGHT get him to question other "facts" that he has so readily accepted as well. It may not be much, but it's a start.

You're not going to get an instant change. This is a tiny first step - and in Fresno, of all places. We SHOULD be happy about it.

Like most Liberals that are self centered, he only agrees with something that he all of a sudden decides that it to his benefit to be armed, because he scared. For him its an embarrasing matter of convience.

He is still an anti gun idiot.He is dangerous. We have some here on this board like him. He simply isn't smart enough to grasp the big picture because his thought processes have been contaminated with liberal propaganda for too long.
    +1 you are right on...It boils down to the same liberal crap..Do as I say not as I do....

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    Lets keep the heat on them, eventually they will learn, usually the hard way......But then the best lessons learned are always the hard ones.
    yup^
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

He is still an anti gun idiot.He is dangerous. We have some here on this board like him. He simply isn't smart enough to grasp the big picture because his thought processes have been contaminated with liberal propaganda for too long.
    Well at least something changed his mind. Some people don't have the ability to change their mind even when they realize the other side is right. The will depend their stand to the end no matter what they see or learn. Opposing viewpoints sometimes never sink in even if they are obviously right.

Not everyone reaches the conclusion at the same time. Most behavior is learned and some people have to overcome an old mindset. It goes both ways.....

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    Well at least something changed his mind. Some people don't have the ability to change their mind even when they realize the other side is right. The will depend their stand to the end no matter what they see or learn. Opposing viewpoints sometimes never sink in even if they are obviously right.

Not everyone reaches the conclusion at the same time. Most behavior is learned and some people have to overcome an old mindset. It goes both ways.....
    Well said.
    Seems like some members here would be quicker with the hangmans noose than some of his liberal friends.
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

Agreed.
    The right to to own a gun is something he doesn't have his head around yet
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Quote Originally Posted by Dihappy View Post
    Well said.
    Seems like some members here would be quicker with the hangmans noose than some of his liberal friends.
    Yeah, I've noticed that.

Give him *some* credit. The guy changed his mind on one part of the issue. With a little luck, and some others around him to nudge him, he may see the rest.

But if he's stomped on because he isn't there yet, he'll never get there.

Sheesh.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Quote Originally Posted by Divebum47 View Post
    No, he does not "get it". All he gets is that he can use a portion of the law to his benefit, and does not give one small damn about anyone else.
    I feel weird defending the liberal :) But, he did say that "every responsible adult should consider carrying a firearm"

Doesn't sound like an elitist who is looking for something to benefit himself but not others.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Wow! That's refreshing. There may be hope after all............
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    Doesn't sound like an elitist who is looking for something to benefit himself but not others.
    Have you read the whole article?

Here Mr. Enlightenment makes this statement...

Now, I don't agree with much of what the NRA advocates. For example, I can't think of a single reason anyone -- other than law enforcement -- needs an assault rifle.

Meaning that he thinks that ONLY law enforcement needs assault weapons.

Meaning that some liberal author that cant even properly describe what a real assault weapon is, wants to prevent ME from having one because he doesn't like the way they look.

But I believe in a person's right to defend himself. I believe, too, that an armed society is a polite society.

Sure...I can defend myself as long as it docent shoot to fast,too many, or is black.

That sounds pretty "elitist" to me.

With "friends" like that, who needs enemies?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Hotguns, I get what you are saying. And that jumped out at me as well. But the rest of it was a pleasant surprise. I see it as a foothold, not a victory. You have to start somewhere. And for folks who have been surrounded by the anti agenda, that seems like a pretty good start.

IIRC, Gary Kleck started out by just questioning the validity of the anti statistics. Neither pro nor anti as far as I know. He has since produced some rather pro gun statistics about defensive use of firearms. All because he started questioning and then started looking into it himself.

Heck, getting into CC and OC has changed my attitude towards black guns. I used to be one of the, as long as it's not mine guys. Don't get me wrong, I never see myself owning one for personal reasons. But I'll fight for others rights to own them. It's a slippery slope I'm no longer willing to start down without a fight. Maybe it's a start for him, who knows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links