BOB users

This is a discussion on BOB users within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you using a BOB...what "essential items do you have in there. How much extra ammo do you pack? Do you store your ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BOB users

BOB users

For those of you using a BOB...what "essential items do you have in there. How much extra ammo do you pack? Do you store your handgun in a holster in there or at least have a holster in it? i am thinking it would be a good idea to have a paddle holster for quick deployment if need be in there or attached to the gun. Also a good medium sized flashlight and first aid etc. Give me suggestions. I think old Santa may bring me a bag.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Here is a neat little place that I found and have done business with before.

A lot of this stuff you can do yourself though.

SurvivorMall.com - Home Survival Kits

Doesn't hurt to check it out though.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Well Thumper...based on that reference, I guess mine is a "get me home" bag. A handgun, light, knife(s), multitool, ammo, blankets, first aid, etc. Maybe I should gear it toward that as my request. Make my BOB an at home thing. That would be way too much to keep in my vehicle.

Please no flames about keeping a gun in my vehicle....I am weighing the risks and considering them.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

all the info you could need.
    Zombie Squad • View forum - Bug Out Gear

VIP Member
    I have several 'go bags'. Their contents vary depending on use.

The one I use the most has a spare 1911, holster & magazines. It also has a cleaning kit, spare Surefire light, extra batteries, Glock field knife & trauma first aid kit. This bag does NOT stay in the truck!

I also have a cold weather 'go bag' that has winter stuff in it. Extra clothes, socks, water, power bars, extra jacket & boots. I also have a bunch of Hot Hands warmers in it. This bag is only in the colder half of the years & it stays in the truck for half the year. This is the largest bag.

My summer 'go bag' has same contents as above, but with warm weather clothes.

My summer & winter bags I have used frequently when work unexpectedly keeps me over night away from home.

Another bag I use is for travel when I have a long gun aboard....it's setup for shotgun, Winchester 94 or AR. Contents are related to the long gun that is being carried. I keep extra .30-30 rounds, shot shells, buck shot & AR magazines. Cleaning kit for all three & spare parts for the AR.

The last bag I keep year round has a large first aid kit, 2 surplus blankets, flares, rope, gloves & rappelling harness. (The last item I actually needed one time & DIDN'T have one! A car had gone off an embankment & I had to tie one using rope. If it happens again, I don't need to waste time coming up with a makeshift one.) This bag is in the tool box in the truck all the time.

I split the bags up this way to avoid one HEAVY bag, instead I can grab just what I need & not lug everything at once.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

lots of good info, i really need one in my tornado shelter.
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

VIP Member
    I thought I was fairly prepared and organized until I entered this thread. Sorta reminds me of the tempo following the Cuban Missile Crisis.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I would shy away from ready made kits as much of the stuff in the kits you probably have at home anyway and many things tend to be low quality. Google Ron Hood and John D. McCann. , HOODS WOODS, Two Wolves Outdoor, www.bepreparedtosurvive.com

I have a 72 hour kit for my family. I includes food , water and clothing. As well as extra ammo and a knife or two. Also have sleeping gear and the ability to make more water.

What does BOB stand for? I guess its some kind of survival bag.

Bug
    Out
    Bag

BOB

Talking

I wasn't sure what a B O B was until I went to the site that Thumper suggested and looked at all the stuff you need for a B O B. Yeah I got one but we call it a motor home.

Jim

I like how goawayfarm is thinking. My problem is a limited budget to stock multiple bags. When my finances are better...I might go with his approach. I am leaning toward leaving an extra handgun in the truck. I am in the line of putting people BACK in prison after they think they are free (probation/parole). I have worked from one end of the state to the other and can run in to former "clients" and families at any time. I need something for defense 24/7 for the times I may run out and forget my EDC or have a malfunction, etc. I am considering a vehicle safe, for that fact. Mine will be a sort of Emergency situation/active shooter bag.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Well Thumper...based on that reference, I guess mine is a "get me home" bag. A handgun, light, knife(s), multitool, ammo, blankets, first aid, etc. Maybe I should gear it toward that as my request. Make my BOB an at home thing. That would be way too much to keep in my vehicle.

Please no flames about keeping a gun in my vehicle....I am weighing the risks and considering them.
    That is a comprehensive list and if you took it all you might just want a motor home!

Nobody said you couldn't just use the list for ideas though.

My BOB is a Maxpedition Malaga Gearslinger and I do have a spare gun in it.

ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links