Why Carry - Page 7

Why Carry

This is a discussion on Why Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tell your friends/family members that you carry a gun because you are an honest, law abiding American citizen. FBI statistics make it clear that those ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Why Carry

Tell your friends/family members that you carry a gun because you are an honest, law abiding American citizen. FBI statistics make it clear that those who possess CC licenses are members of the most law abiding group in the nation. Or, you can tell your liberal friends that you carry a gun in order to protect yourself from the criminal classes the left has spent the past 60 years creating. Both of these reasons are perfectly true. But then the nice thing is, you don't NEED a reason!

Talking Wow

As the starter of this thread want to say a huge thanks for your thoughts and input it worked. Had a second discussion and the ostrich poked his head out of the sand and even expressed some curiosity. Ask if he could come to range with me next time and see what I am doing.
    The gun fight you really win is the gunfight you avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by volfan View Post
    As the starter of this thread want to say a huge thanks for your thoughts and input it worked. Had a second discussion and the ostrich poked his head out of the sand and even expressed some curiosity. Ask if he could come to range with me next time and see what I am doing.
    Right on, maybe the person you're refering to has thought about it a little bit and you've sparked a little interest. I believe a lot of people fear the unknown and then avoid those activities unless they have someone that they trust and available to show them. Even if they had an interest at one time, the thought may have easily passed if they don't know where to start. Glad to hear! Keep us updated. We could use another Pro 2A'er.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

My mother and i were discussing me getting my CCW permit today and she (she likes to shoot but we rarely have time to get out) said that she would love to get one too, she just dosent have a good CCW, aside from her 6" .357 large frame.

Later on I was showing her some choices of CCWs if she was serious and my sister, who is 15, came in and asked what we were doing. She likes to shoot too and knows my facination with guns and she asked me what was with the "lil guys". I told her we were looking at compact pistols for concealed carry. She thought for a second and asked, "Why would you want to carry a gun [in this town]" We live in a small town where there isnt much violent crime aside from domestic disputes no one ever hears about. I told her it would make me feel alot better when she, or a girlfriend, or even friends are wit me if i had just that little extra piece of mind.

I had to remind her if the scare we had in Vegas earlier this year in a parking garage. We came out of the elevator and there were two guys, of questionable reputation, standing off to the side of it and when they saw us they immediatly stopped what they were doing/talking/whatever and watched us, intently, all the way to the car. She didnt notice and I didnt say anything till we were well out of the garage so not to freak her out but i was about having kittens right there.

She and I make a couple trips a year to various citys visiting family or going to see concerts, and a couple times (earlier this year in Las Vegas, for one) I was a bit nervous out walkin around. Stopping for gas in a strange neighborhood is another one that erks me for some reason. Not to say that Im constantly suspicious of every one all around me. Just when I have that feeling I would like a little piece of mind.
    Last edited by HardcoreSlot; December 27th, 2009 at 07:43 AM. Reason: structure and grammer

on another note, if I am out hunting and get stopped by a game warden, ill be damned if I get dinged for not OC my pistol when i have bibs and parka and all that crap on..

Hardcore, thats one of the reasons I have a CPL, I can't always guarentee that the pistpl will be exposed while out and about.

I really don't know why all of you guys waste so many words when you can reduce it to this:

WHY DO WE CARRY?

"In case we need to shoot someone"

Done.

KG

I have a perfect body. It's in the trunk and starting to stink.

NEVADA CCW INSTRUCTOR/UTAH CCW INSTRUCTOR
    kurt@teamdigit.com www.teamdigit.com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links