Does your CCW false-trigger inventory-control systems?

This is a discussion on Does your CCW false-trigger inventory-control systems? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When i was in high school we went to lowes with the shop teacher.and every time we where there we would pull the RFID's off ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does your CCW false-trigger inventory-control systems?

???????????Funny????????????

When i was in high school we went to lowes with the shop teacher.and every time we where there we would pull the RFID's off of stuff and slip them in the hood of his coat .so he would get stoped.it was funny he had no clue . my ? is do you have a prankster with you .or do you have one stuck to the bottom of your shoe that you may have steped on???????????
    Guns dont kill people. people kill people
    Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

This happened to me once when I had a new wallet. As others have said, there was a tag hidden under a flap of fabric.

It had happened to me several times, and I finally got tired of it and decided to figure out what was doing it. I started taking things out of my pockets, handing it to my son to hold, and walking through the sensors again. After about 6 trips through the sensors (and setting off the alarm), a store clerk came over to see what was going on. I explained the situation, and they played along.

Again, as others have said, you have a tag somewhere -- holster maybe? Those sensors are digital -- nothing's going to set them off that can't communicate digitally.

I purchased a pair of jeans from Ross; they didn't have a RFID system that detected a problem in them when I purchased them, but Walmart did when I wore them the first time in the door.

The RFID tag was INSIDE the waist band!

Quote Originally Posted by ldsnet View Post
    I purchased a pair of jeans from Ross; they didn't have a RFID system that detected a problem in them when I purchased them, but Walmart did when I wore them the first time in the door.

Haha nice.
    Last edited by logan; December 14th, 2009 at 04:56 PM.
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

I guess I should of read the last post..

Forget it.. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ldsnet View Post

Dude, how often did you change those pants?

Glad you found it, that would have driven me nuts too.
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Sounding Alarms

I had Cardiac Stents put into me on March 16, 2008 and no issues, I had an MRI done at 730 am on April 28, 2008 and then the fun began.

After my MRI, I went to our local Walmart to go to Subway well I have to enter the store and guess what, I set off there theft devices going into the store. After being thrown against the wall and a full body cavity search they couldn't find what set it off. I figured it was just my magnetic personality but that wasn't it.

I set off the detectors walking out again well again they could find no bicycles, Ammo, 50" LCD Televisions etc on me so they let me go. I did get one of the greeters phone numbers shes 80 but the smile is were its at. Body cavity search, word gets around you get fans, what can I say?

Now the fun begins, Later I had nothing better to do in life but to go back to the Walmart in question and proceed to really get the other entrance of greeters undies in a bundle. I set off the detectors on the opposite side of the store, new crew maybe more numbers.

OK wasn't a fluke, now I am concerned ( not really) I can't believe this could be so much fun, the body cavity searches, the sheer embarassment, the guilty looks I give people etc etc. To answer some of the probible questions New pants (3 years old) New Jacket ( 1 year old) New underware (Wasn't wearing any helps speed up the body cavity searches), Shoes (Old) Socks (Old) Wallet (15years) Belt (Old).

The next day I called my Cardiologist asking about the MRI vs Stents equals fun at Walmart. He clearly stated that its not possible because the stents are drug coated etc and etc and etc again.

I couldn't let it go, I did some research and the theft systems need a specific frequency of magnetic energy to set them off (could I be so lucky). I went across town to our other Walmart. Here we go again.

Maybe Walmart, m a y b e others. There is a mall with numerous stores with theft devices, MC Sports, Boston Store, Office Max and on and on a vertual plethera of entertainment for the shopping masses. Well I set off the majority of them. Am I gifted or what.

Further investigation by the MRI tech and the Radiologist and the company that made the stents, as well as numerous wierd and bazzar tests, guess what they found out. It was my new magnetic stents setting off all the theft detectors as well as other things that detect various explosive devices and on and on. I will cover that another day.

The moral of the story is even the unthought of, the its not possibles, and just plain good luck can set those off.

Currently, the magnetic power (Personality) has worn off as of September sometime, but what a fun ride. I have another MRI scheduled on the 7th of January 2010, wish me luck.
    Dave
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

It shouldn't happen. I go through them all the time, Wally, RiteAid, Target, and others and have never had a problem.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Wearing a gun during an MRI is an incredibly bad idea, BTW.

Metal detectors operate on a disruption of a magnetic field. The theft detectors work on detected an emitted radio frequency, two completely different mechanisms. Unless your gun is strongly magnetized and actually emitting a wave of energy close enough to the radio frequency emitted by an RFID, you have a hidden RFID tag stuck somewhere.

Did you buy any extra magazines separately? Maybe inside an extra mag....

I'd check the inside of the grips, especially if you didn't install them and check them first.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    That's a scary thought. I remember when I had an MRI I was asked if I ever had any kind of eye surgery. I guess there might be small metal objects routinely used in eye surgery that would go haywire during the MRI.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member
    They get pretty tricky with those things.

My wife got held up in airport security in Denver when the tag sewn into her Old Navy jeans kept setting off the metal detector.
    You have to cut the pants to get those ones out...

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post

Metal detectors operate on a disruption of a magnetic field. The theft detectors work on detected an emitted radio frequency, two completely different mechanisms. Unless your gun is strongly magnetized and actually emitting a wave of energy close enough to the radio frequency emitted by an RFID, you have a hidden RFID tag stuck somewhere.
    I know, didn't wear a gun there is know other explanation but the stents and the MRI have been scanned for RFID tagging never before the MRI only after. Maybe I am just possessed.
    At least you sound like you know what you are talking about. There is no other explanation. I had fun though
    Dave
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    Greetings all,

I'm curious about something. Have any of you encountered a situation where your CC weapon false-triggers the inventory-control systems at the entry and exit doors of various retail chains?

This happens to me constantly, especially at Wal-Mart and Kroger. The darn things beep loudly when I walk in and loudly when I walk out and people are always calling after me wanting to me to come back and have my merchandise "deactivated". (even when I have no merchandise!). I thought these "RFID" inventory-control systems only react to RFID tags that haven't been deactivated.

I began to think they were actually metal detectors, but that makes no sense since you can wheel metal shopping carts in and out all day long withhout them sounding an alarm.

This doesn't happen with my Glock, but happens so often with my INOX Beretta that I just *had* to ask if this is happening to anyone else. There's no RFID tag on or in my weapon, nor (to my knowledge) is it radioactive. It has Lasergrips on it but that's all.

All feedback is appreciated. Thanks all.

Are you sure it's not your cell phone? I've had my cell phone set it off before. Try turning it off before you go in and see what happens....leave it off the entire time inside and don't turn it back on until you are out.

Quote Originally Posted by Davensquirt View Post
    I had Cardiac Stents put into me on March 16, 2008 and no issues, I had an MRI done at 730 am on April 28, 2008 and then the fun began.

After my MRI, I went to our local Walmart to go to Subway well I have to enter the store and guess what, I set off there theft devices going into the store. After being thrown against the wall and a full body cavity search they couldn't find what set it off. I figured it was just my magnetic personality but that wasn't it.

I set off the detectors walking out again well again they could find no bicycles, Ammo, 50" LCD Televisions etc on me so they let me go. I did get one of the greeters phone numbers shes 80 but the smile is were its at. Body cavity search, word gets around you get fans, what can I say?

Now the fun begins, Later I had nothing better to do in life but to go back to the Walmart in question and proceed to really get the other entrance of greeters undies in a bundle. I set off the detectors on the opposite side of the store, new crew maybe more numbers.

OK wasn't a fluke, now I am concerned ( not really) I can't believe this could be so much fun, the body cavity searches, the sheer embarassment, the guilty looks I give people etc etc. To answer some of the probible questions New pants (3 years old) New Jacket ( 1 year old) New underware (Wasn't wearing any helps speed up the body cavity searches), Shoes (Old) Socks (Old) Wallet (15years) Belt (Old).

The next day I called my Cardiologist asking about the MRI vs Stents equals fun at Walmart. He clearly stated that its not possible because the stents are drug coated etc and etc and etc again.

I couldn't let it go, I did some research and the theft systems need a specific frequency of magnetic energy to set them off (could I be so lucky). I went across town to our other Walmart. Here we go again.

Maybe Walmart, m a y b e others. There is a mall with numerous stores with theft devices, MC Sports, Boston Store, Office Max and on and on a vertual plethera of entertainment for the shopping masses. Well I set off the majority of them. Am I gifted or what.

Further investigation by the MRI tech and the Radiologist and the company that made the stents, as well as numerous wierd and bazzar tests, guess what they found out. It was my new magnetic stents setting off all the theft detectors as well as other things that detect various explosive devices and on and on. I will cover that another day.

The moral of the story is even the unthought of, the its not possibles, and just plain good luck can set those off.

Currently, the magnetic power (Personality) has worn off as of September sometime, but what a fun ride. I have another MRI scheduled on the 7th of January 2010, wish me luck.
    lol that was a fun read!
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links