Does your CCW false-trigger inventory-control systems? - Page 5

Does your CCW false-trigger inventory-control systems?

This is a discussion on Does your CCW false-trigger inventory-control systems? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dr_cmg If the CTs set off an alarm I would guess that it would be one set that generates a particular frequency. ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Does your CCW false-trigger inventory-control systems?

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    If the CTs set off an alarm I would guess that it would be one set that generates a particular frequency.
    That's my best guess, also.

I can take the same gun with CT grips to the older Wally World on the other side of town and nothing happens. I only set off alarms like I described in my earlier post when I go to the newer Wally World store closer to home.

Experimented again early this evening at the same Wally World..... no gun, no alarms. With the same Kimber I used before, and CT grips turned on, alarm sounds. Nothing in my hands, did not buy anything, wore very old clothes and boots to make sure I had nothing newer on that might still have active security tags.

Now here's the kicker.... went back to the house, changed Kimbers to one that had an older set of CT grips (about two years old) and went back to the same Y'all Mart store. Nothing happened, nada, zilch.

I sure can't explain it, but I think I am narrowing it down.....

Try taking just the C.T. grips through the detector, no gun.
    Cloudpeak

Mystery Solved (double whammy)

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    Nope. Never had that happen. It SHOULDN'T happen. Any common denominator in the instances BESIDES your gear? Perhaps a jacket that had a RFID tage left behind unnoticed?
    Gee, this is embarassing.... but I'm happy to finally know what's going on. As I mentioned earlier, I'm kind of a creature of habit regarding what I wear when carrying this particular weapon. Namely, a holster-shirt and a jacket from Academy. After my testing on Wednesday, with Lasergrips removed, I was still triggering the RFID detectors. Then, I went back *without* the weapon, I *still* triggered the detectors. So the next time, I left the jacket in the truck and guess what? Still triggered em'. So I went back home and took off the holster shirt and turned it inside-out. Sure enough.. as many have suspected, there was an RFID tag deep inside a pocket that I never use. Embarassing (especially after all this dialog), but was very happy to find *something*.

So I removed the tag. On Thursday, I went back to Kroger wearing the same (now "clean") shirt, with Lasergrips back on, and dang it, the alarm went off again! Ok, now I'm scratching my head.

I went back home and decided that a second pair of eyes on my clothing might be helpful in discovering perhaps another RFID tag. Sure enough, my son found one sewn into the inside flap of a cellphone pocket that I didn't even know was there. Double whammy! Geeze....

So the moral of the story is this..... even when you're absolutely sure that you've checked everything...... check it *again* and/or ask someone else (with better eyes!) to help you. lol

Thanks for everyone's patience and input during this nonsense. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming... ;-)
    Regards,

Mike

Beretta 92FS Brigadier Inox / Glock 23 RTF

RPB
    Wow, that IS concealed lol .... Your RFID tag is printing, but only if you lift a flap..

Just as a follow up, here is the reply I received from the letter I sent to Crimson Trace asking them about this:

Dave,

I spoke with one of our engineers and they said that our laser sights will not set off the alarms at the doors. There is a possibility that there is a metal detector on the door alarms. As far as we know, our lasers don't have anything that will set the lasers off. I apologize that I couldn't be of more assistance

If we can be of further assistance, please call our customer service team at (800) 442-2406 between 7am and 5pm, Pacific Time Zone, Monday through Friday.
    Have a Happy Holiday Season!

Best regards,

Ashley Dyrdahl

Crimson Trace Corporation
    9780 SW Freeman Drive
    Wilsonville, OR 97070
    (800) 442-2406

Does your CCW false-trigger inventory-control systems?

I was glad to find this thread because I have recently been having the same problems triggering alarms in various stores including Wal-Mart, Macy's, Academy, and several other small stores. I recently purchased a pair of Merrell hiking shoes from Academy and thought that might be the problem or maybe my CCW-an XDM .40 S&W. After reading this thread I checked a wallet I recently purchased and found an RFID tag in one of the pockets. Mystery solved-I hope!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links