30 State CCW Permit

This is a discussion on 30 State CCW Permit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was looking at the ForeSight Website and saw a blurb about being able to get a 30 state permit after finishing one of their ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30 State CCW Permit

30 State CCW Permit

I was looking at the ForeSight Website and saw a blurb about being able to get a 30 state permit after finishing one of their classes. Anyone know what this is about.

I am familiar with ForeSights issues, so I am tempted to take this with a grain of salt.

With respect to ForeSight, has anyone taken them up on the XD offer and been happy?

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    I think you mean Front Site. Probably talking about the Utah CCW class.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I think you mean Front Site. Probably talking about the Utah CCW class.
    +1 It's a Utah permit.

BTW, if you search Ebay, you can often find Frontsite class certificates for sale.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

VIP Member
    Yes, the obvious answer as mentioned. Still, I was curious so I got roped into the website and took the quiz. After 40+ years of shooting I was surprised how poorly I did with my answers.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Got this email from FS

Dear hitch king,

The Comfort of Skill at Arms is a gift that you and every member of your family should have and I want to give it to you this Christmas season.

If you have been good this year and can follow some very simple directions as outlined below, I want to give you a $1,000 Front Sight certificate to attend your choice of a Two Day Defensive Handgun OR Two Day Tactical Shotgun OR Two Day Practical Rifle Course for only $100.

That's right! ONLY $100 and you can use the certificate at ANY time in the future.

This is the same Two Day Defensive Handgun or Two Day Tactical Shotgun or Two Day Practical Rifle Course that normally costs $1,000, but I will make it available to you through this very limited, Special Holiday Course Certificate Offer for only $100.

This is true. Only $100 but you must follow the very simple directions to the letter.
    Here is how it works:

The Certificate is good for you to attend Front Sight's Two Day Defensive Handgun or Two Day Tactical Shotgun or Two Day Practical Rifle Course at any time in the future and has No Expiration Date.

The Certificate is good for a student's first course Or for returning students as well. Certificate is transferable, but not redeemable for cash.

Simply mail a personal check or money order in the amount of $100 made payable to Front Sight ALONG WITH A SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE.Mail your check to:
    Front Sight
    P.O. Box 2619
    Aptos, CA 95001

(NOTE: If you are purchasing 5 or more certificates you can pay by credit card by calling us at 1.800.987.7719 before midnight, Monday, December 14, 2009.)

The deadline for postmark of your envelope is MONDAY, December 14, 2009. This means you must drop the check in the mail to us before 5:00pm Monday, December 14, 2009.

Upon receipt, we will immediately mail you back, (well in time for Christmas presents) in the Self Addressed Stamped Envelope you provide, a special Front Sight Course Certificate good to attend a Two Day Defensive Handgun or Two Day Tactical Shotgun or Two Day Practical Rifle Course at any time in the future with no expiration date. If you decide at any time in the future you cannot use it, the Certificate is fully transferable.

I have a Utah permit. Didn't take the class from Front Sight but the permit is worth the cost of the class and application. Get it while you can. Who knows if they'll stop issuing to non-residents.

Also, FYI you don't really get all 30 states. There are 30 states that recognize a Utah permit if you are a resident of Utah. There are a few that won't recognize if if you aren't a resident. I think that leaves you with something like 27 states since you live in CO.

Smile

I took the course last summer. Unless it has changed, you are prepared for the Nevada, Utah, and Florida permits. I opted to only pursue the Utah permit and shortly afterward Nevada stopped recognizing the Utah permit. So cross reference all three and you will come up with the total number of states. But it is true that some states only recognize the permit if it is a resident permit.

It is a great course. I don't like some of the good doctor's marketing ploys but the courses are really good.

Armydad

I bought into the 'free' gun deal. The course is definitely top notch, however, the gear prices are way inflated on Front Sight's website.

Avg. street value:
    Springfield XD: $600
    Holster and Mag holder: n/a part of the gun price
    SureFire flashlight: $40
    Spyderco knockoff knife: $20
    7 practice manuals @ $40 each: $280
    CCW permit class: $150 (if we're talking Utah)
    Uncle Mikes belt: $25
    Armorer's mat: $40
    Shirt and hat: $50

So, all the gear is worth about $1205, so you're getting a free course. If you look around the 4 day course certificates can be had from $300 to $600. If the gear appeals to you, go for it. I'm glad that I did it.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I bought into the 'free' gun deal. The course is definitely top notch, however, the gear prices are way inflated on Front Sight's website.

Avg. street value:
    Springfield XD: $600
    Holster and Mag holder: n/a part of the gun price
    SureFire flashlight: $40
    Spyderco knockoff knife: $20
    7 practice manuals @ $40 each: $280
    CCW permit class: $150 (if we're talking Utah)
    Uncle Mikes belt: $25
    Armorer's mat: $40
    Shirt and hat: $50

So, all the gear is worth about $1205, so you're getting a free course. If you look around the 4 day course certificates can be had from $300 to $600. If the gear appeals to you, go for it. I'm glad that I did it.
    ...and if you order within the next 20 minutes, because we can't do this all day, we'll throw in a blender, an official Susanne Summers exercise mat, a butane camping lantern, and a Timex watch...just pay for the extra shipping.

__________________________________________________ _____

To the OP...
    The Florida permit will give you about 30 states.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Armydad View Post
    I took the course last summer. Unless it has changed, you are prepared for the Nevada, Utah, and Florida permits. I opted to only pursue the Utah permit and shortly afterward Nevada stopped recognizing the Utah permit. So cross reference all three and you will come up with the total number of states. But it is true that some states only recognize the permit if it is a resident permit.

It is a great course. I don't like some of the good doctor's marketing ploys but the courses are really good.

Armydad
    Whether or not the course covers Utah, Nevada, and Florida depends on whether the instructor is certified in each of the states. I would imagine that a Front Site Instructor would be certified at least in Nevada and Utah, and probably Florida. But don't assume that it is the case, it's best to ask if you want all three.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

I took the Utah course in New Jersey last year. It's a great non-resident permit to have!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Senior Moderator
    If you get the Utah license it just means that it is good in 30 other states.

Which means that Utah has reciprocal benefits, much the same that many states do.

The Arkansas Permit is good for 32 states.

Their Instructors only need to be certified as Utah instructors for the permit to be honored in the other 30 states.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I have a Kansas CCH. If I could afford to travel, there are only one or two places I'd like to go that are not already covered by my Kansas license. But if I get a Utah license I get this coverage, not bad

The People Think the Constitution Protects Their Rights;
    Government See IT as an Obstacle to be Over-come.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links