Best Gun Law States

Best Gun Law States

This is a discussion on Best Gun Law States within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Without having to do research, I was wondering which state has the best gun laws for its citizens, i.e. concealed carry & open carry....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Best Gun Law States

Without having to do research, I was wondering which state has the best gun laws for its citizens, i.e. concealed carry & open carry.
    "You fight the way you Train"

Alaska
    "I'm a big, hairy, American winning machine!" - Ricky Bobby

VIP Member
    Utah, less no-carry palces than any other. Also, OC is legal.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Kentucky is quiet gun friendly. Open carry is legal.

Texas is definitely not THE best, but I'm happy with ours. It's 'mostly' common-sense oriented which is more than you can say for probably 45 states of the Union.

VIP Member
    It's hard to beat Alaska's policy but I'm Ok with Arizona.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Idaho is one of the best and has a Brady score of 6 and if you get a Utah license you add many states that don't recognize Idaho. Best thing about Idaho is the state government is not going down the road of making things more gun unfriendly.

Also if you have a shooting incident (you are the shooter) and the scumbag decides to sue you in civil court for damages/injuries - they must pay all court costs (yours and theirs) right from the beginning. This keeps down those civil suits because you legally shot a BG.

TITLE 6
    ACTIONS IN PARTICULAR CASES
    CHAPTER 8
    ACTIONS FOR NEGLIGENCE
    6-808.Civil immunity for self-defense. (1) A person who uses force as justified in section 18-4009, Idaho Code, or as otherwise permitted in sections 19-201 through 19-205, Idaho Code, is immune from any civil liability for the use of such force except when the person knew or reasonably should have known that the person against whom the force was used was a law enforcement officer acting in the capacity of his or her official duties.
    (2) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees and costs incurred by the defendant in any civil action if the court finds that the defendant is immune from such action pursuant to this section.
    (3) As used in this section, "law enforcement officer" means any court personnel, sheriff, constable, peace officer, state police officer, correctional officer, probation or parole official, prosecuting attorney, city attorney, attorney general, or their employees or agents, or any other person charged with the duty of enforcement of the criminal, traffic or penal laws of this state or any other law enforcement personnel or peace officer as defined in chapter 51, title 19, Idaho Code.
    Woman With A Gun

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession. - George Washington

Vermont

Only state law is state constitution.
    I'm your worst nightmare, a liberal with a gun.

sgb
    Florida is good, but I don't think anyone will beat Alaska.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

VIP Member
    I don't know Alaska law, what's so good about Alaska?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
    Idaho is one of the best and has a Brady score of 6 and if you get a Utah license you add many states that don't recognize Idaho. Best thing about Idaho is the state government is not going down the road of making things more gun unfriendly.

Also if you have a shooting incident (you are the shooter) and the scumbag decides to sue you in civil court for damages/injuries - they must pay all court costs (yours and theirs) right from the beginning. This keeps down those civil suits because you legally shot a BG.

TITLE 6
    ACTIONS IN PARTICULAR CASES
    CHAPTER 8
    ACTIONS FOR NEGLIGENCE
    6-808.Civil immunity for self-defense. (1) A person who uses force as justified in section 18-4009, Idaho Code, or as otherwise permitted in sections 19-201 through 19-205, Idaho Code, is immune from any civil liability for the use of such force except when the person knew or reasonably should have known that the person against whom the force was used was a law enforcement officer acting in the capacity of his or her official duties.
    (2) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees and costs incurred by the defendant in any civil action if the court finds that the defendant is immune from such action pursuant to this section.
    (3) As used in this section, "law enforcement officer" means any court personnel, sheriff, constable, peace officer, state police officer, correctional officer, probation or parole official, prosecuting attorney, city attorney, attorney general, or their employees or agents, or any other person charged with the duty of enforcement of the criminal, traffic or penal laws of this state or any other law enforcement personnel or peace officer as defined in chapter 51, title 19, Idaho Code.
    SHHHHHHH, we dont want more people moving in and changing things Idaho is one worst ones..............................

Let me add Virginia into the mix... Home of the NRA.
    Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeros everywhere... and I thought I saw a two.

Idaho might be good,but in Tx if it's a legal SD shooting they can't even sue you,nor surviving members of the family.we also have castle doctrine AND defense of property
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    I would say Alaska and VT are in close running.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Quote Originally Posted by xoolo View Post
    SHHHHHHH, we dont want more people moving in and changing things Idaho is one worst ones..............................

I only want gun lovers to move here so if we pass that info on then hopefully that's who'll move here. I would much rather have them live next door than the SoCal freak that lives next door now. See thread below. But I know you were only kidding right?

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ml#post1037501
    Woman With A Gun

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession. - George Washington

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links